Cave Story: Jenka's Nightmare

Mar 5, 2008 at 9:52 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
not sure where you talking about(havnt played this in about 5 months) but this is the last picture of the end of the mod that i saw(i think because its the only picture i have of the mod in my photobucket)
savesmaler.jpg

Mar 21, 2008 at 6:45 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I'm probably going crazy, but just to make sure, in grasstown I was SURE I heard someone who sounded like Curly saying my name (Not mine, quote's).... Am I going crazy or has anyone else heard this?

Mar 25, 2008 at 1:56 AM
"Huzzah!"
When Fighting That thing, monster X, I noticed 2 things.
1.) Its arms and legs STRETCH out....i mean like weirdly like they move and the torso doesn't for a couple seconds

also his health after I can actually hit him just heals like crazy....am I not supposed to hit him and run?

Mar 25, 2008 at 1:59 AM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Linknight said:
When Fighting That thing, monster X, I noticed 2 things.
1.) Its arms and legs STRETCH out....i mean like weirdly like they move and the torso doesn't for a couple seconds

also his health after I can actually hit him just heals like crazy....am I not supposed to hit him and run?
You're supposed to ride MX over the deathspikes, not kill it.

Mar 25, 2008 at 2:04 AM
"Huzzah!"
funny...I JUST did that but was afraid I was supposed to kill him to get an item
so i killed myself.
ugh......failsticks.

Mar 25, 2008 at 3:13 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
blargh MX is so haaaaaard... or maybe I just suck. Haven't beaten the darn thing a single time yet...

Mar 25, 2008 at 3:27 AM
"Huzzah!"
Yeah Monster X was hard to run from.

I'm stuck at egg corridor now.
I don't know if i'm even supposed to be there because I did just get the "water tank" from curly but when I reach the end there's just a dead end and the door is locked or somethin.....kinda confused.

Mar 25, 2008 at 12:27 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Weird, when I started the game I got up to the Gauskateers without the booster (Critters ^_^) and I spent an hour trying to hit them because I thought you HAD to get the fuel cell.

Mar 25, 2008 at 2:54 PM
Respwnt
DimJim said:
Weird, when I started the game I got up to the Gauskateers without the booster (Critters ^_^) and I spent an hour trying to hit them because I thought you HAD to get the fuel cell.
Me too, except that was for the five months after I downloaded JN. I went up there EVERY SINGLE TIME and thought this mod was so damn crappy.

Then someone pointed out that it's a bug.

Mar 25, 2008 at 10:06 PM
"Huzzah!"
yeah i did try before and I did get there lol but I kinda died and thought f it =p

Mar 25, 2008 at 10:25 PM
"Huzzah!"
lol....I went back to grassland
to get the blade and I also found the explosive in the Chest as I fell.....
however when I try to get into the sand zone the wall is closed when i try to get in.....so i warp there and i'm stuck....so now I can't leave........
lol restart time?

Mar 26, 2008 at 12:31 AM
Respwnt
Linknight said:
lol....I went back to grassland
to get the blade and I also found the explosive in the Chest as I fell.....
however when I try to get into the sand zone the wall is closed when i try to get in.....so i warp there and i'm stuck....so now I can't leave........
lol restart time?
Thar bug was the one that annoyed me enuff to stop playing till Shmitz returned and fixed it.

Mar 26, 2008 at 2:34 AM
"Huzzah!"
Roonil Wazlib said:
Thar bug was the one that annoyed me enuff to stop playing till Shmitz returned and fixed it.
Well it's not fixed for me....did I not get the most recent game?
I got the one on the first post.

Mar 26, 2008 at 2:53 AM
Respwnt
Linknight said:
Well it's not fixed for me....did I not get the most recent game?
I got the one on the first post.
He hasn't fixed it yet. Which is why I've given up on the mod temporarily.
Heh, sorry for confusing you with my tense. :eek:

Mar 26, 2008 at 3:33 AM
"Huzzah!"
Well...to be honest....We would probably have to restart.
I mean with the blade I can probably beat those bug f'ers a lot easier....just....it wont be easy still....GOD I hated them......
I find comfort, though, that I am not the only one on this thread XD
Because of the fact returning there is a glitch in the damn first place I believe that I should restart since....well....You can't fix it >.>; however I find putting that wall there quite useless since even without it you can't return back it seems it's only there to make you restart if you try to return.
(I fear how I am to get that explosive though....but seeing as it's hidden it doesn't seem necessary but I still want it....and maybe on this run I can get the items the hermit wanted =p)
Restarting hard mods FTL but having fun restarting cavestory while having knoledge where to go is FTW!

Mar 27, 2008 at 11:13 PM
"Huzzah!"
I don't know if this glitch is "known" but I'll say it anyway
2 things really
1.) when I fought "Genesis Light" or whatever I noticed that when I went down in the current while using my booster I glitched the game and needed to restart
2.) When In Oblivion Erosion I went into a door which took me to genesis sky, a low area where If I didn't use my booster and machine gun I would have died, and when I lived I went to the end and was stuck (because of that same bug)
Are you even supposed to be teleported there? (Thank God I didn't save or else I would have been bugged)
Also another one took me to genesis earth which is just as bad since sky leads there and then wham bug stuck
And another even made me go behind the king.

Mar 27, 2008 at 11:26 PM
"Huzzah!"
Omg.....lol....I went into a Room where I saw Itoh, and then I fell down and saw Kazuma....and then I went to get the bad ending! XD Also, when I went into the clock room i couldn't open the chest and when I went into the little mans house.....I went to a weird place o.O
Also when I went into the egg corridor I was sent into the old egg corridor XD if you go into the save room you go to genesis water B and If you go to the sister room you fight the sisters in a very....strange and unfinished room XD

That was fun to see XD
(I apologize for the triple post.)

Mar 28, 2008 at 2:32 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Ya Oblivion isn't finished yet, so weird/buggy stuff will probably happen if you try to go through it. Not sure about the Booster glitch in Genesis tho.

Mar 28, 2008 at 2:44 AM
"Huzzah!"
Quick question: Is the ID card or the 3rd component of the Hermits Gun accessible? (I have both the Focusing lens and the Autocharger, forgot the 3rd component.)

Edit: Some glitches/bugs I recently found.
1.) If you talk to the teleporter in Genesis you get a chip every time....just annoying but nothing bad
2.) If you go to "The boss" you fight where you get Nemesis you can fight it a 2nd time with the same cut scene and you go back to that one place you go where after the fight and then you're stuck. (Tryin not to spoil so I said that very vaguely)
3.)It's an upgrade spoiler so I will put this in a spoiler box. It's not so much a bug as it is more like something to help the game in my opinion.
If you get the Infinite ammo with the controller for your missiles the missiles still drop off of monsters which, in my opinion, should never drop again since they are now obsolete.