Rule 10: Every post with an odd-numbered rule must praise Balrog. DERP

Jul 18, 2010 at 1:09 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Rule 11: Hell no

Jul 18, 2010 at 1:10 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Rule 12: NO ONE CAN POST HERE EVER AGAIN.

Jul 18, 2010 at 2:02 AM
Been here way too long...
I like that rule.

Jul 18, 2010 at 5:47 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Rule 12: Rules made after this rule cannot create paradoxes.

HUZZAH! I EXPLOITED A LOOPHOLE. Derp. aLL HAIL BALROG!

Jul 18, 2010 at 6:19 AM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
rule 10: Everyone looses the game when they read this thread
yes, this replaces the rule 10 at the top

Jul 18, 2010 at 3:19 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Durr Hurr Hurr Derp.

Rule 13: All bears get 56 warsuns.

Jul 18, 2010 at 4:02 PM
Pirate Member
Rule 14: Soccer is now football in America

Jul 18, 2010 at 9:18 PM
Pirate Member
Rule 14: Any post that breaks a rule can be ignored. derp.

Jul 18, 2010 at 11:11 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Rule 15: No rules may be replaced except by the person who originally made that rule in the first place. DERP

Jul 19, 2010 at 7:50 AM
Pirate Member
Rule 16: to allow new members to join the game, any rule after rule 16 can be replaced by anyone and anything.

Apr 8, 2011 at 4:04 PM
graters gonna grate
Derp.

I remove rule 14 because it's redundant (see rule 6).

I replace rule 15 with "Any user with at least 2 gold points may spend 2 gold points to request that any other user change their avatar, profile picture, signature, and/or location to anything of the first user's choosing (as long as it doesn't violate forum rules) and leave them that way for at least 48 hours. If the second user fails to do so within 24 hours of the first user's post, the first user earns their 2 gold points back, plus 1 bonus gold point."

I am allowed to make this change, even though it violates rule 15, because, by rule 6, one is not obligated to obey rules that one is changing or removing.

Malpercio's rule 16 is ignored because it violates rule 9.

I add rule 11: Any post, after this one, that performs more than one action (add, remove, replace a rule) earns the poster one gold point if the poster's username contains an even number of vowels, and loses the poster one gold point if the poster's username contains an odd number of vowels.

to reiterate:

Wedge of Cheese said:
Rule 0: If this thread remains inactive for more than 10 days in a row, the next poster has the option to remove any or all of the previously made rules (including this one) and start over. This is what I am doing now.

Rule 1: No rules may be contradictory to each other. If a user wishes to create a new rule that contradicts an already existing rule, the new rule must replace the existing rule.

Rule 2: Rules 0-6 are considered "core rules" and may not be removed or replaced unless rule 0 is invoked.

Rule 3: After this post, every post is allowed to create at most 1 new rule, replace at most 1 existing rule, and remove at most 1 existing rule.

Rule 4: Every rule must be numbered with an integer from 0 to 19, inclusive. This means that the total number of rules will never exceed 20.

Rule 5: Double posting is not allowed, unless the two posts are at least one hour apart.

Rule 6: Posts that disobey the core rules, or that disobey non-core rules that were not removed/replaced in the post may be ignored (other penalties may be established later).

If Captain Fabulous is as fabulous as he claims to be, he will copy this post into the starting post for this thread :(

EDIT: I will also edit this post as new rules are added. If CF is even MORE fabulous than he claims to be, he will do the same with the first post :awesomeface:

Rule 7: Any post following this one that does not either create, replace, or remove at least one rule will result in the poster losing one gold point (yes you can have negative). Having "making out with Wedge of Cheese" as your location makes you exempt from this penalty.

Rule 8: All multiple of 3 posts after #79 earn the poster one gold point.

Rule 9: every post must include the word "derp", disregarding the usage thereof.

Rule 10: Everyone loses the game when they read this thread.

Rule 11: Any post after #92 that performs more than one action (add, remove, replace a rule) earns the poster one gold point if the poster's username contains an even number of vowels, and loses the poster one gold point if the poster's username contains an odd number of vowels.

Rule 13: All bears get 56 warsuns.

Rule 15: Any user with at least 2 gold points may spend 2 gold points to request that any other user change their avatar, profile picture, signature, and/or location to anything of the first user's choosing (as long as it doesn't violate forum rules) and leave them that way for at least 48 hours. If the second user fails to do so within 24 hours of the first user's post, the first user earns their 2 gold points back, plus 1 bonus gold point.

Scores:

Audioworm:
2 gold points

Adark:
1 gold point

Note: I will not keep editing the above quote, only the post to which it links.

Apr 8, 2011 at 7:02 PM
If Captain Fabulous is as fabulous as he claims to be, he will copy this post into the starting post for this thread

EDIT: I will also edit this post as new rules are added. If CF is even MORE fabulous than he claims to be, he will do the same with the first post
I haven't posted in this subforum in ages.

Apr 8, 2011 at 11:31 PM
graters gonna grate
Kinda figured as much. Removing that part from my post. Derp.

Removing rule 13.

Replacing rule 10: Every prime numbered post must contain at least one sentence that contains no errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation, or capitalization, and contains the following sequence of characters exactly, without quotes: "penis, despite".

Adding rule 12: If a post breaks any rule, and the next poster chooses not to ignore the rule-break, the rule-breaker loses two platinum points (again, you can have negative points).

Apr 9, 2011 at 12:48 PM
Pirate Member
Removing rule 19

Apr 9, 2011 at 5:09 PM
/end
Rule 16: Everyone gets free chocolate ice cream.

Replacing Rule 11.

New Rule 11: Starting with post #96 any post that performs more than one action (add, remove, replace a rule) earns the poster one gold point if the poster's username contains 8 characters and above, and loses the poster one gold point if the poster's username contains 7 or less characters.

Derp.

Apr 9, 2011 at 5:55 PM
Well derp derp derp.
I fear that these rules may seem to be made simply for the augmentation of my e-penis, despite being pondered over for many hours.
Also, under rule 11, it appears I have -1 gold points.

New Rule 17:
Excepting rules 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, and 17, odd numbered rules only apply to odd numbered posts, and even numbered rules only apply to even numbered posts.

Replacing Rule 8:
In addition to rules 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6, rules 17 and 8 are considered "core". Reiterating Rule 2, none of these rules can be added to or changed in any way (unless under circumstances invoked by rule zero). Furthermore, core rules are the only rules that can hold these properties and henceforth no other rules can be dubbed core.

Apr 9, 2011 at 6:43 PM
graters gonna grate
Replacing rule 9: Every post must contain a link to an xkcd comic whose number is either a multiple or a factor of the post's number.

Adding rule 14: Each poster may exchange chocolate ice cream for 5 platinum points, provided they are either the first person to do so, or are posting a post whose number is equal to the sum of the number of characters in their username and the post number of the previous person to exchange chocolate ice cream for 5 platinum points.

I exchange my chocolate ice cream for 5 platinum points (but I just get more chocolate ice cream by rule 16). So the next person who wishes to do so needs to post on post 98 + (number of chars in name) and that must be an even post due to rule 17.

Also, this isn't a rule, but just a sort of "common sense" thingy, unless you say otherwise, rules go into effect when they are created. They can never go into effect before their creation, but they can after (i.e. I could create a rule saying "starting with post #200, blah, blah, blah, etc..." but not "starting with post #10..." since earlier posts have already been "processed" and are their effects are permanent).

Apr 9, 2011 at 7:01 PM
/end
http://xkcd.com/198/

Removing Rule 9.

Replacing Rule 7: Users are allowed say -Time Out- at the top of their post to make a statement about the game and avoid any penalties but are not allowed to make any game changes during that post. Failure to put -Time Out- at the top of your post or making any game changes after doing so will result in 5 gold points being removed.

Adding Rule 13: If you haven't done so at all in the thread before if you Remove, Add and Replace all at the same time in one post you get 1 Diamond Point.

Apr 9, 2011 at 7:29 PM
-Time Out-
You know what's odd?
Besides the core rules, all the rules but one are about points.

Huh.