Calvinball

Apr 21, 2011 at 8:31 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
No dude, we're still in timeout mode. If you want the game to continue, you can second my proposal to ignore the two posts above mine (somebody else will need to third the proposal). Otherwise, we have to wait 48 hours.

Apr 21, 2011 at 9:04 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I edited mine to comply with the rules, I second to ignore Marx's post :rolleyes:

Apr 21, 2011 at 9:05 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I decree that all posters who are senior members must donate a 2000 wii points card or a $20 ps store card in accordance with the prophecy.

Wedge of Cheese said:
-Time Out-

I propose that both of these posts be ignored since neither of them had a sentence that ENDED with one of those 3 phrases.

Also, Marx, wtf are you talking about with you double posting?

I was gonna edit my first post but accidentaly pressed the post button.

Apr 21, 2011 at 11:39 PM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I third the thingy, in accordance with the prophecy.

Rule 28: If your name has 5 vowels in it you get 5 radiant cheeses, 5 diamonds and 5 Cherubs as a starter package. Y's do not count, as Beethoven would say. (This rule overwrites CC's rule thanks to Rule 2.)

If the word Seraphim is in your name in some form, the next poster gains a Seraph doll. You cannot trade in the Seraph doll for anything, the Seraph doll does nothing except look cute and bring you good luck.

Never believe what a mole tells you, except in bed.

Apr 21, 2011 at 11:52 PM
graters gonna grate
Badnik96 said:
My first time playing Cave Story was actually only a few days a go (lol). I had gotten some Nintendo points for Christmas and decided to use them. While looking through the DSIware library I noticed Cave Story and thought 'haven't I seen that somewhere before? I remember someone saying it was a good game somewhere.' So I got it, and immediately fell in love with it. My first time through, I got stuck in Grasstown and found a FAQ, but only to help me out when I was stuck. Only after when I decided to read it the whole way through then I realized I screwed up horribly. I had gotten the machine gun and was actually missing a couple of Life Capsules. I got the booster v0.8 (and I dunno what anyone says, but it's possible to get to the first cave with the 0.8, its just harder) and felt a little ashamed that I had left Curly behind, but not that much. Got stuck on The Sisters and decided to start over. That night I stayed up the whole time playng to catch up. I am currently in Hell (with the Spur). The closest I've ever gotten is Ballos lv1 (I keep getting owned by his lightning attack rofl) I beat Monster X on my second or third try, and the Undead Core I killed on my first try. I also didn't get the Map System until I was going to get Ma Pignon XD

LOL OMG GAIZ 9001 diamonds foar MEEEEE :rolleyes:, as Beethoven would say.

+1 diamond to meta for funny usage of "except in bed"

edit: btw meta, when you say "starter package" does that mean you only get it once, or do you get it every time you post?

Apr 22, 2011 at 6:09 AM
A old relic from older days
"..."
I could sure use a starter package, except in bed.... huh? Oh right- Calvinball! Hi.

I gain five radiant cheeses.

New rule: Once per post, you may post one image. If the next poster's username is related to that image, they (the poster related to the image) earns 1 diamond.

p99306-0-marxwings.jpg

Apr 22, 2011 at 6:50 AM
Oh, you don't want the Quote plushie? Ok then, more for meee :rolleyes:

new rule: Anyone who posts here that has a birth month of March, July or November must use the word "pie" in all of their sentences. Fail to comply and you will lose 72 diamonds, as Beethoven would say.

Apr 22, 2011 at 7:28 AM
Absentee Modder
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
New Rule: The words "unless you are humming the Aquarela do Brasil" have been retroactively added to every fourth rule.

p99308-0-grouchomarx.jpg

Apr 22, 2011 at 7:43 AM
"..."
-Time Out-

Wait wait wait. I thought maybe I was just being dumb and missing something, but the more I think about it, how exactly does Meta's rule contradict my rule? Both relate to the nature of one's username, yes, however mine deals with the letter C, while his only deals with vowels. C is not a vowel. These rules are not contradictory, they can co-exist.

Apr 22, 2011 at 9:19 AM
-time out-

Jed357's post does not comply with teh rules. I suggest that the rule he oposted does not go into effect.

Apr 22, 2011 at 11:52 AM
/end
Cripplechair said:
-Time Out-

Wait wait wait. I thought maybe I was just being dumb and missing something, but the more I think about it, how exactly does Meta's rule contradict my rule? Both relate to the nature of one's username, yes, however mine deals with the letter C, while his only deals with vowels. C is not a vowel. These rules are not contradictory, they can co-exist.

-Time Out-

I meant your rule where a person can reward themselves diamonds.

Also, starter package is only given out once, the first time you post in the new round.

Apr 22, 2011 at 2:48 PM
graters gonna grate
You guys, you don't have to keep saying "-Time Out-". Once one person calls time out, we stay in time out mode until agreement is reached.

okay, so we have two issues, and time out does not end until we resolve them.

Issue 1: meta's rule which supposedly "contradicted" cripplechair's rule. My bad, I thought she was referring to a different rule (I have removed the STRIKE tags around that rule). I propose that we keep CC's rule in effect after timeout ends, but that we don't apply it retroactively to posts which it was not applied to.

Also meta, the rule where a person can reward themselves diamonds was never even added to the list, since CC attempted to create it while we were in time out mode, so it didn't count.

Issue 2: jed's post. I second badnik's proposal to ignore jed's post (even if he edits it to comply with the rules).

I also would like to propose to add a new "core" rule that no rules may be retroactive (i.e. they can only affect themselves and posts after them, but not posts before them).

Apr 22, 2011 at 3:51 PM
"..."
I second the course of action suggested by Wedge for issue one, and third to ignore jed's post for issue two. I also second the new core rule regarding no retroactively applied rules.

Apr 22, 2011 at 3:58 PM
/end
I third the new core rule.

Apr 22, 2011 at 5:22 PM
Been here way too long...
- Time Out -

I third wedge of cheese's first issue.

The reason I called time out was because I had another issue o' concern. I believe that playing should still be allowed during a time-out sesh (note that this does not infringe upon rule 1) any posts that refer to the issue must be prefaced by "-Time Out". That way we can still do stuff if an issue is not important/interesting to us. Furthermore, a post can have both a time out and a normal section.

Assuming both of those are accepted, here goes.

- End Time Out -

No rule can be specifically targeted at one member (ie, five vowels, containing seraphim, etc)

Oh and since there is an L in my name, the next poster has to post something saying what we can do with points.

- Time Out -

Just thought of another thing. Wedge, should you be listing all the rules? Doesn't that destroy the ambiguity happiness? Maybe on posts where it isn't clear just copypasta the post.

And, as cheese very well knows, I lost one "diamond", as beethoven would say. :critter:

Apr 22, 2011 at 5:49 PM
graters gonna grate
Regarding the issue Lace brought up, I propose that "normal" posting is allowed during timeout sessions, but only if there are no more than 3 unresolved issues being discussed (to prevent an unwieldy number of issues from accumulating), and that, unless you explicitly say otherwise (as Lace did), it is assumed that all posts in a timeout session contain no "normal" content (even if they don't start with "-Time Out-"), and that this be made a core rule.

Striked out the seraphim rule due to Lace's no targeting a single user, but meta is not the only user with 5 vowels in name. For example, Professor Fufflykins and Ghost in the Clinic do too, and maybe some others. Similarly I am not the only user with cheese (giraka also has it) so that one stays.

Apr 22, 2011 at 6:02 PM
Notice "targeting" and not "affecting".
Also, how long did it take you to get those examples?

Apr 22, 2011 at 6:07 PM
graters gonna grate
Wasn't your cheese rule basically "targeting" me? And lol it took me a good while :critter:

Apr 22, 2011 at 6:10 PM
Naw, the way I phrased it was specifically so it would affect gir as well if he deigned to visit us.

Apr 22, 2011 at 6:12 PM
graters gonna grate
Gotcha. Okay, striking out the 5 vowel rule now.

Also, you gonna second my proposal? Or make a counterproposal?

edit: tually no. It's not obvious enough to me that meta meant the 5 vowel rule only for herself. 5 vowels is not really that specific. Let's wait and hear what she says.