Calvinball

Apr 9, 2011 at 7:36 PM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
-Time Out-

I don't even know the point in points, besides being able to ask some to change their avatar and stuff. Guess we need a rule about what you can get with points.

Apr 9, 2011 at 8:09 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Lace has no penis, despite Noxid's frequent claims to the contrary.

Replace rule 15: Any user with at least 2 gold points may spend 2 gold points to request that any other user change their avatar, profile picture, signature, and/or location to anything of the first user's choosing (as long as it doesn't violate forum rules) and leave them that way for at least 48 hours. If the second user fails to do so within 24 hours of the first user's post, the first user earns their 2 gold points back, plus 1 bonus gold point, AND the second user loses 1 gold point and 1 platinum point.

Add rule 18: 1 diamond point is worth 4 platinum points, and 1 platinum point is worth 4 gold points. A user may perform any number of point conversions in a post (only on even numbered posts, due to rule 17). Point conversions are only legal if the user would have a non-negative integer quantity of BOTH types of points before AND after the conversion.

And yes I'm aware that doesn't really allow you to anything with points, but we'll work on it.

Apr 9, 2011 at 8:14 PM
Been here way too long...
-Time Out-
In what world is 102 prime?

Apr 9, 2011 at 8:53 PM
/end
-Time Out-

I didn't put a limit on Rule 11 so I should have gotten another gold point for Post #99.

Apr 9, 2011 at 10:33 PM
graters gonna grate
-Time Out-

Ah shit, thought I was on 101. Oh well, there's no rule that says you can't penisdespite in a composite post.

@Meta: fix'd

Apr 11, 2011 at 2:14 AM
Removing Rule 7

Replacing Rule 10:
On any player's turn, they can do one of three actions:
1) Modify the rules in such a way that is allowable under other rules
2) Make a "Point Post". In such a post, a user must take a previous "point post", change its meaning through the use of homonyms/synonyms, and add a sentence to it. This post will then be fairly scored by other members. Maximum score yield for a "point post" is one gold point, and the minimum yield is 1 silver point. If there are no previous point posts, then the starting condition is assumed to be the first "I'd really rather you didn't".
3) Declare "-Time Out-" at the top of their post. Nothing in this post counts towards anything.

Failure to perform one of these actions will result in your score having its square root taken and a subsequent subtraction of one diamond point.

Apr 11, 2011 at 2:23 AM
graters gonna grate
Point post:

I'd really prefer a ewe. Didn't I just tell you that yesterday?

Apr 11, 2011 at 2:31 AM
I'm really just posting this post so I can have an imaginary number of points, but cheese, I sure are confuse by that post.

Apr 11, 2011 at 3:06 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
-Time Out-

I absolutely did not make this post under duress.

Apr 11, 2011 at 3:14 AM
Cheese, I think I can fairly say that you get two silver points for that.

Modifying Rule 10:
On any player's turn, they can do one of three actions:
1) Modify the rules in such a way that is allowable under other rules
2) Make a "Point Post". In such a post, a user must take a previous "point post", change its meaning through the use of homonyms/synonyms, and then add a sentence which augments the meaning of all previous parts. The post must be written in the form of a dialogue, alternating between "Wedge Of Cheese" and "God". This post will then be fairly scored by other members. Maximum score yield for a "point post" is one gold point, and the minimum yield is 1 silver point.
3) Declare "-Time Out-" at the top of their post. Nothing in this post counts towards anything.
Failure to perform one of these actions will result in your score having its square root taken and a subsequent subtraction of one diamond point.

Adding rule 19:
1 gold point is worth 4 platinum points, and 1 platinum point is worth 4 gold points. Four silver points are equal to one gold point. A user may perform any number of point conversions in a post (only on odd numbered posts, due to rule 17).

Apr 21, 2011 at 3:52 AM
graters gonna grate
Invoking Rule 0 and removing all rules.

Rule 0: If this thread remains inactive for ten or more consecutive days, the next poster has the option to remove any or all rules excluding this one.

Rule 1: Any poster may create a rule, however, except under the conditions of rule 0, no rule may be changed or removed. Rules do not need to be numbered or specifically defined. Due to this possible ambiguity, cases of arguable legality are to be decided by a jury of peers. The procedure for doing this is as follows: one user begins a post with "-Time Out-" followed by the reason for their concern, and users discuss possible solutions to the problem until agreement is reached. "Agreement" is defined as at least 3 users agreeing on a solution, or one user's proposed solution going without dissent for 48 consecutive hours.

Rule 2: Rules may be contradictory to each other. In the case of conflict, the most recent rule is given priority (with the exception of the "Core" rules mentioned in rule 4).

Rule 3: No rule may fully imply another (no redundant rules).

Rule 4: Rules 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 are considered "Core" rules. "Core" rules take priority over all other rules and are the only rules that can hold this property. No other rule can be declared core, unless an "agreement" to do so is reached, via the same procedure outlined in rule 1.

Rule 5: No rules may be retroactive (i.e. they can only affect themselves and posts after them, but not posts before them).

If the word cheese is in your name in some form, the next poster gains five radiant cheeses!

Inbound and outbound access to port 25565 has been granted, and every poster from here on out now loses one diamond for every C in their name. The number lost must be declared somewhere in your post. If you do not correctly declare how many diamonds you've lost, you will explode and all of the offender's scores will be reset to 0. If there are no C's in the poster's name, you are not obligated to declare anything in relation to this rule.

Every post must contain at least one sentence that ends with either "in accordance with the prophecy", "as Beethoven would say", or "except in bed". If the usage thereof is exceptionally funny, the next poster has the option to award you 1, 2, or 3 diamonds.

No double posting, unless the 2 posts are at least 24 hours apart.

Whoever finds badnik's first use of the word "it" in this forum (and quotes it here) wins a life-sized Quote plushie that can be traded in for 9001 diamonds. Or you could be the only person in the world with a life-sized Quote plishie. Take your pick in accordance with the prophecy.

Rule 28: If your name has 5 vowels in it you get 5 radiant cheeses, 5 diamonds and 5 Cherubs as a starter package (i.e. you only get it once). Y's do not count, as Beethoven would say.

If the word Seraphim is in your name in some form, the next poster gains a Seraph doll. You cannot trade in the Seraph doll for anything, the Seraph doll does nothing except look cute and bring you good luck.

Once per post, you may post one image. If the next poster's username is related to that image, they (the poster related to the image) earns 1 diamond.

Anyone who posts here that has a birth month of March, July or November must use the word "pie" in all of their sentences. Fail to comply and you will lose 72 diamonds, as Beethoven would say.

If there is an L in your name, the next poster has to post something saying what we can do with points.

No rule can be made with the intent of specifically targeting one member (even if it happens to affect other members as well).

If you post after anybody with two or more words in their name, you can get five shiny [last word in their name]. The only exception is any form of cheese, which yields radiant cheeses.

Four of the same shiny/radiant substance can be traded for any one catan resource (lumber sheep wheat etc).

Any catan resource can be used as it would be in catan to construct things.

Any currency/substance/resource can be used to build something as you would build it in minecraft.

If you construct a properly large army, you can wage war on some other player. If you win, you get to choose their location/user title/ signature as applicable for two weeks.

Lace:
5 radiant cheeses
-2 diamond

Wedge of Cheese:
9002 diamonds
5 radiant cheeses
1 seraph doll

Badnik96:
5 radiant cheeses
Quote plushie

MetaSeraphim:
5 radiant cheeses
6 diamonds
5 cherubs

Cripplechair:
5 radiant cheeses

Apr 21, 2011 at 3:55 AM
Aha!
Since the word cheese is in your name in some form, the next poster (that's me!) gains five radiant cheeses!
Score!

Apr 21, 2011 at 4:50 AM
A old relic from older days
"..."
New rule: Inbound and outbound access to port 25565 has been granted, and every poster from here on out now loses one diamond for every C in their name (exempting this post). The number lost must be declared somewhere in your post. If you do not correctly declare how many diamonds you've lost, you will explode and all of the offender's scores will be reset to 0. If there are no C's in the poster's name, you are not obligated to declare anything in relation to this rule.

Apr 21, 2011 at 3:54 PM
graters gonna grate
Every post must contain at least one sentence that ends with either "in accordance with the prophecy", "as Beethoven would say", or "except in bed". If the usage thereof is exceptionally funny, the next poster has the option to award you 1, 2, or 3 diamonds.

I lose 1 diamond in accordance with the prophecy.

Apr 21, 2011 at 3:58 PM
graters gonna grate
Wow, Cheese that was SO funny, I think I'll have to give you 3 diamond points for that, as Beethoven would say!

I lose another diamond, but gain three, and I gain 5 radiant cheeses.

rule: Following this post, no double posting, unless the 2 posts are at least 24 hours apart.

Apr 21, 2011 at 4:07 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I decree that every poster will always have to say:ALL YOU'RE BASE ARE BELONG TO US!Exactly like i have writen it.

edit:Accidentally double posted but 24 hours did'nt pass.

Apr 21, 2011 at 4:16 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
ALL YOU'RE BASE ARE BELONG TO US!

I decree that whoever finds my first use of the word "it" in this forum (and quotes it here) wins a life-sized Quote plushie that can be traded in for 9001 diamonds. Or you could be the only person in the world with a life-sized Quote plishie. Take your pick in accordance with the prophecy.

Apr 21, 2011 at 4:28 PM
graters gonna grate
-Time Out-

I propose that both of these posts be ignored since neither of them had a sentence that ENDED with one of those 3 phrases.

Also, Marx, wtf are you talking about with you double posting?

Apr 21, 2011 at 4:32 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
*edits*

Apr 21, 2011 at 8:16 PM
A old relic from older days
"..."
ALL YOU'RE BASE ARE BELONG TO US!Exactly like i have writen it.

I lose two diamonds, in accordance with the prophecy.

New rules: You cannot award yourself diamonds, you can only grant other members diamonds for a maximum of three diamonds per post. Granting others diamonds does not detract from your diamond score. Furthermore, if your score is reset due to not properly declaring lost diamonds, your scores will NOT reset if the value is negative (i.e. you cannot GAIN points from this action).

I grant Lace one diamond.