Animu

Mar 18, 2008 at 11:37 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Pronouns: he/him
Hmmm I heard School Days was good.
Ah, wanted to get Black Lagoon as well...

I've always been behind on the latest anime, since I don't watch fansubbed anime... And I usually don't want to pay top dollar for anime..! 30$ or 24.95$ for a single DVD adds up realllllly fast... Sales!!! Sales!!!!

The thing I fear, is with the advent of Blu-Ray... a lot of my collection will need to be replaced... *sweating* *shallow breathing* *red eyes*
*FOAMING*

*ahem*
Oh, and I never got into Manga... I'm missing some good stuff, I know; but I really would be in trouble if I tried to get into manga.

EDIT: Oh and I've only seen a single episode of Naruto... the first one.

Mar 18, 2008 at 11:50 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
X-Calibar said:
*ahem*
Oh, and I never got into Manga... I'm missing some good stuff, I know; but I really would be in trouble if I tried to get into manga.

I never got into the anime series of Naruto, I was into the manga long before the anime came out in english.

Also I like watching fansubbed anime but I also like watching dubbed anime. I really wasn't happy about the Dragon Drive anime, the voices felt so wrong. But I suppose I could try watching it again.

Mar 19, 2008 at 12:53 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
X-Calibar said:

I actually started reading some trigun i started with volume 11 ^^" (because my brother bought me that)

then i tried and bought no 1 and relised i bought a manga in the middle, because they actually made 2 trigun mangas first which was the first half of the series and then they started releasing small ones, in not sure how many thier are in the series..

and if none of this makes sense(because i have a knack for making no sense) heres a picture

diph.php

I found this pic on the net
The first 2 on the left is the first half of the series then the others is part of the other half

Mar 19, 2008 at 1:23 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
X-Calibar said:
Oh.? someone said this "OOOOOOOO this is the opening version used when it was on here in Australia. This brings back so many memories lol "
Cardcaptors / Card Captor Sakura english opening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEAca0qLCKs

;)

awesome lol
The Australian version is the best of the dubs, it has the proper order as well as the cut episodes and the english version of the Japanese intro plus some other stuff. It is still based on the US version but it is better than the rest of the dubs. That does it, I am buying cardcaptors.

Mar 19, 2008 at 1:24 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
andwhyisit said:
The Australian version is the best of the dubs, it has the proper order as well as the cut episodes and the english version of the Japanese intro plus some other stuff. It is still based on the US version but it is better than the rest of the dubs. That does it, I am buying cardcaptors.

Burn me it, lol ^^

yeah i wanna buy the aus version to when i get the chance

Mar 19, 2008 at 3:28 AM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I won't enlist my anime and manga coz I've seen an embarassingly little number ;).

Toonz:

Merry Melodies/ L3wni3 T3wnz
T0m and J3rry
T3h Flintst0nes

Animation Series:

Captain Planet
T3h Masque

Mar 19, 2008 at 4:00 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Roonil Wazlib said:
I won't enlist my anime and manga coz I've seen an embarassingly little number ;).
*Grabs a glassful of pity and pours it over roonil's head*

Mar 19, 2008 at 5:48 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Roonil Wazlib said:
I won't enlist my anime and manga coz I've seen an embarassingly little number :p.

Toonz:

Merry Melodies/ L3wni3 T3wnz
T0m and J3rry
T3h Flintst0nes

Animation Series:

Captain Planet
T3h Masque

^^ captain planets awesome, because he brings polution down to zero :)

Mar 19, 2008 at 9:49 AM
Respwnt
Of all those, the only one I still watch (or have watched since the past 3 years or so) is T&J coz it's teh only thing that can get anywhere near anime and CS IMO.

*Takes Machine Gun of Doom and fires at andwhy*
Revenge is sweet :).

Mar 19, 2008 at 1:02 PM
Justin-chan
ANTI-DUBS.

Then again, its just 4Kids scarring people's childhoods.

Mar 19, 2008 at 2:39 PM
Justin-chan
Why did I watch teletubbies?

Oh god, the tubby cookies... D:

Mar 19, 2008 at 2:42 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Why did I watch Barney?

OMG! I JUST SAID THE WORST VULGARITY IN ALL THE WORLD!

Mar 19, 2008 at 9:20 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
Roonil Wazlib said:
And DBZ. Those guys got eternal constipation or what?

diph.php

you just did not pick on dbz....
what you did?
diph.php

Vegeta's gonna kill you with his Final Flash move

Mar 19, 2008 at 10:33 PM
Indie game enthusiast
I liked DBZ :) But then again I only watched a quarter of a season lol [Freiza vs Goku]
That was my favorite part~ After that it went into some crazy arcs. Which was fun as well :p But, ... it is missing a really nice story :D It's just dramatic battles and comedy I think.

BTW A WASP or something just went DBZ ON MY FACE
... ow :( Luckily I'm bigger than he is...

Mar 19, 2008 at 11:41 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Roonil Wazlib said:
Since you guys are on the topic of anime thatsuck, have you heard of Fancy Lala?

o.o
Why did I watch 1 episode of Fancy Lala?
Why?
-_-
o.o
Why did I watch 1 episode of FLCL?
Why?
-_-

:)

Anyway I bought Get Backers DVDs yesterday, go me! :p

Mar 20, 2008 at 1:28 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
andwhyisit said:
o.o
Why did I watch 1 episode of FLCL?
Why?
-_-

:)
Yes, I've watched FLCL, too. It might be random, but I liked it...
(Adult Swim shows it every now and again, then pulls it back into 'storage' after about 2-3 weeks...)

After I watched the 2nd episode, I had a crazy idea about Cave Story's Misery transforming FLCL's Mamimi into one of the sentient rabbits from the floating island. Maybe I'm not the only one with this thought?

(And no, I'm not saying Mamimi is actually Sue...)

Mar 20, 2008 at 8:46 AM
Indie game enthusiast
wow, I should have slept a while ago, but instead I decided to write this up :)

this is random but know what a visual novel is ?

Anybody here know about Ever17?

ev_so03a_3.jpg

It is May 1, 2017, 12:51 p.m. Without warning, seven people are trapped at a depth of 167 feet in the marine sea park LeMU. Water, air and food are in short supply. Deep in the ocean resides an unknown virus. The structure is relentlessly assaulted by the harsh water pressure and LeMU's protective bulkhead is to collapse within 119 hours.

Time is limited for those enclosed in LeMU. The bonds among the seven people trapped in the ocean grow stronger as they fight to find a way to escape and survive the danger that threatens them. These are bonds of friendship, and bonds of love. But time waits for no one and the time limit slowly but steadily approaches.
This is a PC anime game (ages 15+) [Visual Novel] that is highly rated :
http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/ever17/index.html
And here are some screenshots :
http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/ever17/index.html

>>Opening<<
>>Better Quality Opening<<

>>Here's a loud, but short fan-teaser video<<
>>And here's a long spoiler trance video : [fun if you won't get the game...]<<

The good news :
This is one of the best Visual Novel games that has gotten translated into English, and if you live in the US you can get it for only 15$!$!$%!$
It probably will be on sale still, check the price on this page
It's still 15$ if you live elsewhere... shipping prices are probably like 30$ :p?

The bad news :
... Because it seems like nobody knows about this game, the company that sold it finally discontinued all their games. So, I don't know how much longer this game will be easy to find for purchase...

=======================================

There's another game worthy of purchase also from their company ...
Hourglass of Summer (ages 13+)
Right before Summer Vacation, you finally make up your mind to ask out beautiful Kaho Serizawa, but the very next day you wake up to realize that Summer Vacation is over and you have "Day Dropped," or time-slipped, to September 1st.

Going to school in a state of confusion, you find your grief-stricken classmates - and they tell you that your girlfriend Kaho had died in a tragic accident on August 31st. How did you start dating Kaho when you don't even remember asking her out? And what were the tragic events that led up to her death?

Day dropping back and forth into time, you grapple with the problem of how to overcome this terrible fate awaiting the girl of your dreams.

A summer vacation that crosses the boundaries of space and time.
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/chZn=np5hiZIVrXfr7/browse/item/63553/4/629/12
It's only 10$.... ... . .. This one's great as well.
Review :
http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/hourglassofsummer/index.html

>>Opening<<
>>Better Quality Opening<<

The trick with this one is it's an interactive DVD for a dvd player [believe it's region free].

My favorite, favorite of the bunch I actually didn't list...
because it's getting hard to find. [sold out on rightstuf]

Phantom of Inferno (ages 15+)
Untitled-phantom.jpg

Assassinations by the Mafia occur repeatedly in the underworld.Rumors of a mysterious organization called "Inferno" and its most powerful assassin named "Phantom" begin to surface. A young man embarked on a trip alone to the United States and runs into "Phantom" by accident. "Phantom" turned out to be a young girl about the same age as him.

Erasing the young mans memories of his past, the "Phantom" trains him to become one of the top assassins in the organization. In a violent and lawless world, his journey begins...
I found it on Amazon... one person is selling it for "700$" lol...
But, if you look around you should be able to find this game for 15$-25$ still..
Reviews :
http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/phantomofinferno/index.html
http://www.designchronicle.com/memento/archives/phantom_of_inferno_dvd_game_review.html
>>Here's a short promotional video<<
>>Better quality promotional video<<

>>No intention of getting it? SPOILER video!!!<<
>>Better quality SPOILER video!!!<<

You can probably find these... "elsewhere" too, but don't blame me if assassins come knocking
EDIT: the length of these games are anywhere from 10-50+ hours, many multiple paths, endings etc

And don't forget, the english company has already shut their doors on these games, so not sure how long these will be around... I'd buy em for everyone here but ... ;p no money.....

EDITEDIT: and just so I"m not completely ignoring what's going on lol I haven't seen FLCL... sounds crazy lol By the makers of Evangelion, no less?

Back