"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Mar 14, 2008 at 2:11 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Pronouns: he/him
Celtic Minstrel said:
Images don't work in spoilers.
I put it in the spoiler so that they could actually SEE it.

Mar 14, 2008 at 9:23 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
Roonil Wazlib said:
What colour does your phone BG have?

it was black (cs skin), but for somereason i think it changes the colour if you cant see a certain text, i use a program called opera mini

So NO DOOM TEXT FOR ME MWAHAHHAHAHAHHA

Mar 15, 2008 at 2:54 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
xristosx said:
it was black (cs skin), but for somereason i think it changes the colour if you cant see a certain text, i use a program called opera mini

So NO DOOM TEXT FOR ME MWAHAHHAHAHAHHA
Not even tiny doom text?

Mar 15, 2008 at 3:36 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
DragonBoots said:
Not even tiny doom text?

hold control and move the mouse wheel down and it destorys the purpose of you doing that

Mar 15, 2008 at 5:05 AM
@xristox: I'm near your refueling base, attacking your pill.

Mar 16, 2008 at 2:19 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
card captors ^^,
i downloaded the first epp and now i really want to see all the epps again,
to bad its gonna take me like a year to download them all :D

or full metal panic fummofu?

anyone else got a better topic?

Mar 16, 2008 at 2:38 AM
Mar 16, 2008 at 5:44 AM
Respwnt
Mar 16, 2008 at 6:55 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Pronouns: he/him
Cardcaptors... I never saw that... But this is the angry sentiments I basically know about it [from various people] :
Question: It is possible to turn a shojo (girls) anime into a shonen (boys) anime?

Answer: Just spend $100k per episode and cut the shojo anime into pieces.

This is what Nelvana did, they turned a cute girl show called Card Captor Sakura into a bash up boys action series called Cardcaptors. Now I know why the show is called Cardcaptors instead of Card Captor Sakura, Sakura is not the main character any more, Shaolan Li is! Sakura is presented as a side character, while Shaolan Li is the hero of the show. At least you know why there are not a lot girls shows on television, because the media screws up any of them that is out there! I am disgusted as to what Nelvana did to Card Captor Sakura.
Card Captor Sakura on the other hand... I have seen :p
It is a very nice positive series in my opinion, love it. Extremely cute, yet not very annoying either... magic!
Here's the Cardcaptors opening :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiVethCTQVY

HEre's Card Captor Sakura's first opening :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaqkSALwtwQ

I highly recommend the original series... er here's a better review of it:
http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc_reviews/201.php
I always like checking out that guy's reviews.
"quote from review of the first four episodes" said:
From a lot of different people I'd talked with prior to the shows release, I'd heard mostly how sugary sweet it is and how you've got to be able to have a high level of tolerance for that kind of thing. Not counting the hack job that is the dubbed Cardcaptors, I hadn't seen all that many really sweet kids shows over the years.

And make no doubt about it, it's definitely a show aimed at young girls. But don't see that and dismiss it. If you've been watching anime for any amount of time, you should know better by now. While the show does indeed have many sweet moments, it's also very well written, beautifully animated and simply put, wonderfully done.

Oh.? someone said this "OOOOOOOO this is the opening version used when it was on here in Australia. This brings back so many memories lol "
Cardcaptors / Card Captor Sakura english opening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEAca0qLCKs

:eek:
"Jacobawesome" said:
hey, let's talk about stuff that's not offtopic. perhaps stuff related to anime? considering that's what the first 7/8 of this thread is about, it makes sense. the end justifies the means, whatever that means.
awesome lol

Mar 16, 2008 at 9:43 AM
Respwnt
Yeah, CCS is a lot better, but I watched the animax dub so once Yue showed up there was a lot of confusion with the lines such as "I expect Yue will be here soon" which sounds exactly like "I expect you will be here soon". The thing I hate is that Sakura is so Kawaii but she's such a loudmouth it doesn't go well with her looks.

Mar 16, 2008 at 10:31 AM
Justin-chan
Card Captor Sakura...?

I'd hit it.

Mar 16, 2008 at 10:23 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
Question: It is possible to turn a shojo (girls) anime into a shonen (boys) anime?

Answer: Just spend $100k per episode and cut the shojo anime into pieces.

This is what Nelvana did, they turned a cute girl show called Card Captor Sakura into a bash up boys action series called Cardcaptors. Now I know why the show is called Cardcaptors instead of Card Captor Sakura, Sakura is not the main character any more, Shaolan Li is! Sakura is presented as a side character, while Shaolan Li is the hero of the show. At least you know why there are not a lot girls shows on television, because the media screws up any of them that is out there! I am disgusted as to what Nelvana did to Card Captor Sakura.
wtf? i never remeber li being the main character? maybe it was different in aus because sakura was always the main character >_>

In other English-speaking countries (i.e. Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom), Cardcaptors ran in a more complete form, with all 70 of the Nelvana-adapted episodes being shown in their original order, in some cases keeping the English opening and closing themes in favor of Japanese versions of the original themes. Australia and India received the original titles in their distributions, with dubbed versions of at least 4 of the 6 title/credit songs.

yeah that sounds right ^^ the english australian opening is awesome like x-caliber posted :eek: (awhile back when i played step mania i switched the japanese audio with the aus english one just cos its awesome)

Yeah, CCS is a lot better, but I watched the animax dub so once Yue showed up there was a lot of confusion with the lines such as "I expect Yue will be here soon" which sounds exactly like "I expect you will be here soon". The thing I hate is that Sakura is so Kawaii but she's such a loudmouth it doesn't go well with her looks.

i liked it that sakura was kawaii and was a loud mouth it made it funny sometimes

p19504-0-sakuraep2002.gif

Mar 17, 2008 at 2:33 AM
OMGOMGOMG!
LOL!
I LOVED THIS SHOW! OMG WTF?
LOL!!!!11
WHY DID I STOP WATCHING IT OMG?
O YA, I FOUND NotPron.

By the time I got to level 40, the series had been pulled from the air...

Mar 17, 2008 at 8:14 AM
Respwnt
I thinnque I've seen the worst version of Cardcaptors ever. Cartoon Network somehow got this weird brainwave of dubbing ALL shows in the native lingo ;_;. And the worst bit is they didn't leave the openings/endings alone either.

ris said:
wtf? i never remeber li being the main character? maybe it was different in aus because sakura was always the main character >_>
It was an exaggeration o.o.

But they tok the essence out of Sharon by making him the "romance sucks" character. His romantic sense is actually pretty good.

Anyone heard of Tsubasa Chronicles? Sakura is much more likeable there coz she hardly ever opens her trap >.>

Back