WTF story demo v 0.504

Jan 17, 2012 at 3:22 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm not sure what you mean by 'total conversions', but original sin (by runelancer) and both of carrotlord's mods should apply (if you're talking just about hacks)

Jan 26, 2012 at 8:42 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
So, were you planning on including more cutscenes with the real Quote and Curly on that tropical island?
I think it was quite nice.

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Jan 26, 2012 at 10:56 PM
I think it would be quite strange if someone who is not Quote would have his memories.

Wasn't it a transmission? Or am I wrong?

Jan 27, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Based Member
I had my doubts for some time as to wether that was Quote or not as well, but at the end of chapter five when Excerpt says "So long, Quote." it's unmistakably the main protagonist we all know and love from Cave Story. The change of wardrobe and disturbingly large amount of stupidity he shows at the beginning could raise suspicion, but the memories in his memory bank do seem to show Quote with a similar personality to that shown in the mod's present tense cutscenes. But I must say that his character highly deviates from the wise, cunning, well-composed, kind, and gentle Quote I always thought him to be from Cave Story, (almost like a good guy version of excerpt) but I guess that GIR has interpereted him differently. Then again, those memories could have been tampered with, seeing as how what Curly does in those memories doesn't seem to characteristic of her.

Jan 27, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Oh hey there's been discussion here.

Anyways I guess I'll pull a Pixel and say "I leave it up to the player's imagination". You know, until I finish the thing.

Feb 7, 2012 at 5:06 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello, Gir. Quick question. I think a bug in WTF easy .04 has the portal gun unable to change colors. Of course, I got eager to use it so I made the "Ultimate Doukutsu Trainer" work with the WTF story mod. Anyways, using the hacking, I got the portal gun but now it won't change to orange portals with the W key, did you intentionally do this to prevent portal gun abusement in the ealry part of the story because it won't work.

Please excuse my use of hacking, that is all.

Feb 7, 2012 at 5:49 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Hello, Gir. Quick question. I think a bug in WTF easy .04 has the portal gun unable to change colors. Of course, I got eager to use it so I made the "Ultimate Doukutsu Trainer" work with the WTF story mod. Anyways, using the hacking, I got the portal gun but now it won't change to orange portals with the W key, did you intentionally do this to prevent portal gun abusement in the ealry part of the story because it won't work.

Please excuse my use of hacking, that is all.

Yeah. There's a special flag that needs to be triggered to get the portal gun fully working. Only I know what it is.

Feb 7, 2012 at 5:50 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Okay, I just wanted to be sure that it can be unlocked, time to finish the game now, thx.

Feb 7, 2012 at 5:16 PM
"Huzzah!"
This mod scares me. For all sorts of reasons. Most of them involve me whimpering, "How does this mod DO THAT?" *Curls into a ball and rocks himself to sleep.*

Fear is the purest form of respect, after all.

Feb 16, 2012 at 9:04 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Great game so heres my review:

Level Desing: 10/10 It was great. best ive ever seen. Your Level desing made the game hard for player in a good way!

Storyline: 8/10 At frist i didn't have a clue what was going on until later in the game. So that brings it down to a 8/10 but the story linee was great!

Dialog: 10/10 It was fine really i didn't see any mistakes. and at times it was real funny.

Gameplay: 100/10 The gameplay itself allowed players to see a profensional modder into action. Modding wepons,edited bosses,puzzles it had it all!

Over all score:10/10 It-Was-Great.

Feb 16, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Based Member
Hehe, looks like someone likes my mod rating technique. I was definitely going to review this mod, as I think it's the best mod ever, but since GIR doesn't seem to be working on it at the very moment, I've decided to hold me review until the galish man releases the next version.

Feb 17, 2012 at 12:05 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Hehe, I've seen it so much that i had to do it.

Feb 22, 2012 at 8:11 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hi
I've been trying to play WTF Story, but when I start it, nothing shows up except text.
If anybody knows what I'm doing wrong, please let me know
(-:

Feb 23, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Well, uh... what kind of text?
Garbled nonsense in a notification window? Dialogue? "GIRakaCHEEZER presents...?"
Give us something to work with buddy D:

Feb 23, 2012 at 2:58 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Every kind of text that would normally happen so,
GIRakaCHEEZER presents, It is noted that WTF Story is a hard mod..., It's a frayed wire there no current in it, b@lrog...
Also, there is music and sound efects.

Feb 23, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Based Member
Every kind of text that would normally happen so,
GIRakaCHEEZER presents, It is noted that WTF Story is a hard mod..., It's a frayed wire there no current in it, b@lrog...
Also, there is music and sound efects.
That was a very incoherent sentence. Could you please describe the situation to us in a sequence of events?