WTF story demo v 0.504

Aug 23, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
...I believe it's on indefinite hiatus, actually. :<

Unless GIR changes his mind behind the scenes, or already has done so...but don't count on it.

Aug 27, 2013 at 6:59 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
you must be incredibly lazy or not listening because if you just do the thing I said you should get through it in like 10 minutes tops

Aug 28, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Professional Whatever
Congratulations on your minor/pointless feat

Sep 13, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
alfasketer said:
The mod looks really cool, but the downloads don't work. Please help
Yeah apparently the download links have been down for a couple of months now, since everyone maxed out my dropbox accounts download limit. Anyways, I've changed them back to mediafire links so they should work again.

Oct 23, 2014 at 3:13 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."

Thanks for the great game, GIR. Here's the title theme arranged for the NES.

Oct 23, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Based Member
Excellent remix Tp! It sounds very nice.

Oct 25, 2014 at 9:19 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Tpcool said:

Thanks for the great game, GIR. Here's the title theme arranged for the NES.
Oh right, I keep forgetting to respond to this...

It's great! You got most of the notes right (but not all of them). If your curious as for all the correct notes I'd recommend cracking open the org yourself, after you extract it from the executable with resource hacker or something.

Oct 25, 2014 at 3:03 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
It's great! You got most of the notes right (but not all of them). If your curious as for all the correct notes I'd recommend cracking open the org yourself, after you extract it from the executable with resource hacker or something.
Thank you very much! That means a lot coming from you. And yes, I had extracted the org before I even started working on it. I took a few liberties with some of the notes because I thought it sounded better with the limited number of tracks, but I'm pretty sure I got all of the other notes right. Feel free to point out where something is incorrect.

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:21 AM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Thanks for fixing the download link! I had gotten it before, but needed it on my laptop. I had deleted it on the my old one, but when I restored it, it was overwritten and didn't work. Also, cool music Tpcool!

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:47 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I've played through this enough times to get an understanding of the story you put in so far, but I still had to look up the 4th secret mission. I don't know how anyone even found it in the first place.

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:59 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
GuineaPigJones said:
I've played through this enough times to get an understanding of the story you put in so far, but I still had to look up the 4th secret mission. I don't know how anyone even found it in the first place.
That's the one with the mines, right? I found it on my first run, you just need to talk with the computer (or one of the robots I forget) in the rest area to get a hint.

Nov 1, 2014 at 5:08 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Tpcool said:
That's the one with the mines, right? I found it on my first run, you just need to talk with the computer (or one of the robots I forget) in the rest area to get a hint.
You can get the full hint if you check both the computers.

Dec 1, 2014 at 8:26 PM
Been here way too long...
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Edited by GIRakaCHEEZER, 13 September 2014 - 10:16 PM.
Updated!
Jay, I never saw that coming! Glad this awesome mod didn't die.

Dec 1, 2014 at 10:43 PM
Based Member
Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 2, 2014 at 2:11 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Nah bruh it's hella dead

Aug 29, 2015 at 7:35 PM
Based Member
Baaaaaaaaaayyyyump. Okay, GIRakaCHEEZER.

At this point it's no secret that this mod is abandoned. Since you wouldn't really be spoiling anything, I think a lot of people would like to hear what your plan was next. Spoiler for those of you who haven't played the "demo" yet:
So according to Excerpt, that protagonist is likely the Quote we knew from Cave Story. Is this so? Is the protagonist really physically destroyed by those spikes he gets dropped into at the end of the demo? If so, does he somehow come back, and if so, how? I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that the story would have involved eventually defeating Excerpt and Interrobang. How would this have played out? Were you ever planning on explaining the origins of B@lrog and Blocky?

Is there any music/concept art/scripts that you made in preparation for the next chapter(s) of this mod that you might be willing to share with us? The reason I'm asking all of this is because I was listening to the WTF? Story soundtrack not long ago, and it makes me sad that this got abandoned, so I'd like to be able to visualize some sort of continuation and conclusion in my head that at least somewhat resembles the creator's original vision.

Aug 29, 2015 at 9:08 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I'm busy attending PAX right now, so I can't respond to this properly at the moment, but if you remind me in a few days (maybe tuesday) then I'll be able to type up a reply to most of your questions.