Nov 3, 2018 at 1:18 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Very possible, in fact! I had a project on one for a bit... maybe I'll resume that after modcon.
I have some documentation I could give you. Hell, if you wanna collaborate on something I'd be thrilled to. I'm telling you, Ikachan has legitimate untapped potential for modding.
Ok now i'm curious, I don't have a lot of stuff going on lately si I do can collaborate.
Pm me with discord so we can talk about this.
Mr.Hex#4875

Nov 28, 2018 at 1:30 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Okay, let me elaborate:

I created a custom texture sheet for MyChar.pbm using Microsoft Paint (yes I know) but when converting back to .pbm, it doesn't get recognised.
I checked the error logs and it reads all textures well until it scans MyChar.pbm, where it has a 0 opposed to a 1.
I've been doing file switching with Ubuntu but it hasn't corrupted the original image's contents.
I've never ever had this error before, and I have done quite a bit of texture sheet modding. Are there certain incompatible colours I should be aware of?

Nov 28, 2018 at 1:34 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
use booster's lab

Nov 28, 2018 at 9:08 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'm confused with ORGAdder at the moment.
I composed something in ORGMaker 2.10 without changing the instruments for notes/percussion (since that interferes with stuff, I'm told)
I added it on in ORGAdder, went to place it in a script with the correct music ID, and... silence.
No error, just silence.
Please help!

Nov 28, 2018 at 12:18 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
But Booster's Lab doesn't let you use PBMs.
in fact this is the opposite of a problem for anyone who isn't intent on being asinine

Nov 28, 2018 at 5:06 PM
I'm confused with ORGAdder at the moment.
I composed something in ORGMaker 2.10 without changing the instruments for notes/percussion (since that interferes with stuff, I'm told)
I added it on in ORGAdder, went to place it in a script with the correct music ID, and... silence.
No error, just silence.
Please help!
Welp, you probably clicked the bad button.
Or didn't used replace, or something.

Nov 28, 2018 at 5:44 PM
Serri Online
War criminal
I composed something in ORGMaker 2.10 without changing the instruments for notes/percussion
That's probably why, then. Here's how the percussion should be in order:

Q - BASS01
W - SNARE01
E - HICLOSE01
R - HIOPEN01
T - TOM01
Y - PER01 (BASS01 if you don't plan on using this channel)
U - BASS01 (does not play)
I - BASS01 (does not play)

EDIT: In case that still doesn't work, then my suspicions on the game trying to load off the old music pointer table instead of the new table that I reported to @Leo40Story are true, after all.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 6:17 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Y - PER01 (BASS01 if you don't plan on using this channel)
Just curious, but any reason why it should be Bass01 if it is not being used? Does that affect anything?

Nov 29, 2018 at 6:58 AM
Serri Online
War criminal
I just do it because I don't really have a use for that instrument. We need less wood block and more cowbell.

Nov 29, 2018 at 4:53 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Just curious, but any reason why it should be Bass01 if it is not being used? Does that affect anything?
Well, I know from past experience that having ANY of the drums being incompatible with Cave Story and loading it in causes it to crash, whether they are used or not. It's probably because Cave Story has to load all the drums and can't detect any drums that aren't actually used in the song, because that shouldn't be necessary. Hope that explains why the unused channels should be Drum01.

Nov 29, 2018 at 6:34 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Well, I know from past experience that having ANY of the drums being incompatible with Cave Story and loading it in causes it to crash, whether they are used or not. It's probably because Cave Story has to load all the drums and can't detect any drums that aren't actually used in the song, because that shouldn't be necessary. Hope that explains why the unused channels should be Drum01.
Right, I understand that because the last two should always be Bass01. I was just curious why Per01 should be Bass01 considering that one is compatible with Cave Story. :p But given Serri's explanation, I guess that's just because it's her preference and not for any game-breaking reason.

Nov 29, 2018 at 11:30 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'm still having problems with ORGAdder.
I've made an .org file that has the correct percussion layout, and have tried to get it to run after the map has loaded via event triggers, but it just restarts the actual song.
When I tell it to >CMU when the room is loaded, I get an error message.
Please help

Nov 30, 2018 at 5:48 PM
Mmh, that made me curious what is the instrument non compatible with Cave Story ?

Nov 30, 2018 at 6:01 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 11:15 PM
Serri Online
War criminal
Technically, they all can be compatible, if you apply this hack to your mods.

Inb4 "Ogg Loader makes this obsolete!"

Dec 1, 2018 at 4:04 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
how it works actually is that the first 6 drums in cave story are hard-coded - it doesn't matter what you set them to i'm pretty sure but obviously you'd want to set them correctly so the song sounds right when you play in orgmaker
however if you try to play a drum on track 7 or 8 then the game crashes because there is no sfx loaded in those slots

Jan 18, 2019 at 9:38 PM
How does the Entity #0180 Curly_AI work?
Everytime I place it/CNP it, it always just Curly but watching deep down my soul.(Curly just standing, not even blinking)
I'm pretty sure I do something wrong but I don't know what it is...Help?