New profile posts

A thing I noticed that enerves me now is that in the New sprite they added the scarf behind but did not tie it around Quote's neck.
EnlightenedOne
EnlightenedOne
it's just glued to his back.
Eli
Eli
that was fixed in the switch version, at least. now we can see quote's neckwear in all its scarfy glory!
Following Mister.Hex's suggestion and starting a side project to find out just what I found fun about modding.

Already collided with a few walls (namely, two incredibly lousy mobile devices) so I'll simply have to make do with what I have that I can use - Booster's Lab v0.4.5.0 and CaveEditor. (It's better than nothing, haha.)
AlmaHexie
AlmaHexie
Oh my haha. You could go all out and do CaveEditor, even if it's incredibly outdated, it's still a very good program to use (even if we, indeed, made better since.)
My account on the forums is over ten years old now
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Hard to believe that 2011 members are now among the veterans of this site.
Raymundo
Raymundo
haha old
It's almost surreal seeing you being still active in here. Especially considering I'm almost as old as you.
DoubleThink
DoubleThink
I've got a duty to uphold :toroko:
andwhyisit
andwhyisit
X-Calibar still seems to log in but hasn't posted anything in the last 4 months. I tend to pop up occasionally to either bemoan how inactive I am or update the forum software.
ColdCallerLoopy
ColdCallerLoopy
ok so Andy, DT, y'all need to update the forums to add back trophy points
… I swear I'm slower than a Slowpoke. Just realized I've been around for six years (as of 22 October). (Actually a bit longer, but messy details, haha. :p )

Meantime, I've honestly been wondering, what's the favourite area of Lunar Shadow, of those who were brave enough to have played it?
(I say "brave enough" because of a really buggy boss, haha.)
speaking of your fourth ending mod, i've been meaning to ask - how'd you do the blade automatically levelling down when on that route?
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Ah, I'm glad you asked - I was pretty proud of myself for coming up with this. I placed H/V triggers throughout every possible map that you can access during that part of the mod. And whenever you would pass under one of those triggers, it would do <TAM0009:0009:0000 (trade the blade for the blade, with no change in ammo). This would automatically bring the blade down to level 1 without impacting any of the other weapons. These triggers will only appear if a flag is set when you have the blade on the path for the 4th ending. One side effect of this is that you can't open up your inventory or map system while underneath one of these triggers, since an event in the room's script is actively running and repeatedly trading the blade for the blade. But I don't think most people noticed, since I strategically placed them so that you almost definitely won't be able to get the blade up to level 3, and you're also very unlikely to stop and open up the map system while standing directly underneath one of these triggers.
Eli
Eli
holy shit that's pretty clever lmao, nice job
Hey man! I love your fourth ending mod for Cave Story and was wondering if you had a port of it for WiiWare! Playing it on my wii would be awesome :)
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Thanks, glad you liked it! Heh, it's one thing to ask me to port my mod to WiiWare, but it's another thing entirely to ask me to port my mod to WiiWare all these years later when there are much more desirable ports to play (such as CS+ on PC and Switch), and the WiiShop has been discontinued for almost 3 years now, making it much harder to obtain a copy of that port of CS. In any case, I don't know how to port mods to WiiWare, and I'm not interested in investing the time into it, so I'm afraid that won't be happening. I greatly appreciate you reaching out, though! It's great to see so many people enjoying my mod, even when it's been nearly 10 years.
Brayconn
Brayconn
Wait, if you don't know how to port mods to the Wii, how'd you get the footage of the 4th ending running on the Wii for your video?
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Haha, I think you're the first person who's ever asked me that. That was Cave Story+ with the "New Music" playing, I just claimed that it was the WiiWare version and crossed my fingers that most people would automatically believe me.
I cannot describe my hatred for pizza hut
autumn_mnya
autumn_mnya
No it's just that their pizza is complete GARBAGE!!!!
It's always too greasy, and it either has too much sauce or too much cheese, never in-between
AlmaHexie
AlmaHexie
Oh my, yeah they were like that the first time I tried them in England, pizzeria aren't really a thing that can be replaced by big brands.
its
its
I completely relate to you for that. I absolutely hate their pizza.
One week ago, my one year plan mod has been released onto the forums and absolutely no comments(except Hayden, hi Hayden!) nor reviews.

That one shitpost mod: 11 comments in 3 days.

I kind of hate venting like this, but this is pretty silly now isn't it.
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
After commenting I felt guilty not playing, so I played it lol! Actually recorded my playthrough, though maybe I should edit it down first since it's currently 1hr 30mins of gameplay footage, with no commentary. Or maybe I should just write a review? Anyway, thank you for complaining xD Brought it to my attention. (And spoiler: I had fun!)
AlmaHexie
AlmaHexie
I'm glad you had fun! Well you can post about it in the thread, I would actually like to see the video of the gameplay, it interest me to see how different player react and action under the same situation and I wished that Curly's Weird Crusade could be played by everyone without meeting too many differences.
Otherwise, you are free to put a review to outline something you liked or didn't like.
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
Gameplay video posted!
I think… I'll give up entirely on CS modding. After everything that this year's been, I kinda lack motivation.

This includes losing months' worth of progress (everything after 2 July 2020 to mid-January 2021) on several projects (whether in planning phase or beyond).

I'll probably still lurk around, assuming my lousy mobile device permits it.
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
backup backup backup
Cibryll
Cibryll
PC's motherboard died on the day I wanted to make back-ups… the last back-ups are dated 2 June 2020. I'd hope it would remain on the hard drive, but apparently, it wasn't there (though I'll have to check it out myself; who knows, maybe luck'll help).

So lesson learned: always make back-ups (and maybe back-ups of those back-ups) at least once a day, because you never know what tomorrow brings. (Except maybe blackouts, haha.)
Cibryll
Cibryll
As for what I found fun about modding… I liked being able to work on multiple projects (no wonder most of them are incomplete, haha; the only "completed" one was poorly executed at best).
Of course, I've moved on from those ancient gear golems projects, but I still keep getting bizarre ideas that wouldn't be possible in a CS mod. (Like having 2000+ playable characters. Overboard, yes, but that's how I am.)

Some of the lost stuff currently remain only as fragments of memory within the Meridian of Darkness... it'd have been a new bonus area in a potential remake of Lunar Shadow (though, said remake would probably require 1000+ maps back then, which is going overboard too, haha).

... I never could think small, I guess. Maybe that's another reason my projects remain (mostly) unfinished. I'm guessing...
Articuno was the best legendary out of the trio of legendary birds.
ColdCallerLoopy
ColdCallerLoopy
I'm sorry but Moltres is better.
Cibryll
Cibryll
… Question. Would this be the Kantonian or Galarian form?
AlmaHexie
AlmaHexie
Kanto
Also there's no argumentent than your just wrong
are these forums even active anymore? i just joined and i wanna see if i get a response from anyone lol
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Yeah, they're still active, just nothing like they used to be.
Raichu
Raichu
among us imposter
Back