Wii music: garbage or just misunderstood?

Apr 23, 2010 at 5:01 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I don't think any instruments are missing. If you listen to the two versions of Moonsong, you'll see what I mean.

Apr 28, 2010 at 7:22 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
King said:
Looks like someone recorded the Wii soundtrack and is posting them to youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Frygoon

He's uploaded 19 of them so far and looks like he's still going. Enjoy!
Having listened to a bunch of these, I'd say the music isn't all that bad, though it definitely needs that missing percussion.

Apr 30, 2010 at 3:19 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I can understand why alot of people don't like the music. I've noticed that it doesn't quite sound the same as the original, and it seems like a few beats are not there now, but I really don't think it's that bad. If anything, I like it just as much as the original compositions.

May 1, 2010 at 11:06 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Some it was ok and I actuly thought some of it was better (like the doctors theme) but in general I much prefer the origonal especially considering your paying $12 for it. :p

May 2, 2010 at 7:45 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I feel that there is certainly a difference. I wouldn't be surprised if people listened to the main theme and just decided to forget about the rest. Some of it is incredible and some of it just plain sucks. It's kind of like double-or-nothing.
And has anyone noticed how incredibly similar the CS Wii Moonsong is to the cavestory.com version of moonsong? Is there a reason for that or something?

May 2, 2010 at 8:17 PM
Because they were made by the same person?
I was expecting the cavestory.com version of Moonsong to be in the game. That is why I am disappoint.

Jun 14, 2010 at 10:07 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Has there been any developments in maybe being able to obtain the non-glitched soundtrack? Nicalis is like a phantom. Was there ever a patch, or the correct OST made available anywhere?

Jun 14, 2010 at 10:12 PM
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
King said:
Has there been any developments in maybe being able to obtain the non-glitched soundtrack? Nicalis is like a phantom. Was there ever a patch, or the correct OST made available anywhere?

You know what? I've looked around and asked around but as far as I can figure there's no patch, even in the EU/JP releases, though I'm not sure. And I haven't found an OST that isn't bugged. I'd love to have them, Nicalis even has a lot of the actual GOOD, NON-BUGGED remixes on their blog, but I've yet to see a complete OST of it.

P.S. What's with these new users named things like King and Curly Brace? This many years and no one took those names? lol~

Jun 14, 2010 at 10:25 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
It's because we're not creative.

Jun 14, 2010 at 10:37 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Well, I did register 1 year and 4 months ago. But I was still surprised as heck that a name like King would still be available. I thought that would have been taken within the first 10 users lol.

Anyhow I hope we can eventually find the full OST the way it was intended to sound. If you ever find it be sure to post here!

Jun 15, 2010 at 12:29 AM
FACE...
Wait for it...
Wait. For. It.
PAAAAAALM

The OST was already posted on the forums, but it was deleted, because it's illegal.
Lurk moar. These forums are awesome.

Jun 15, 2010 at 1:46 AM
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Even that one was bugged :3

Jun 15, 2010 at 2:36 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
If there was precussion (I seriously cannot figure out how to spell this damn word) the music would actually be pretty good. But it's not, so I sadface all over my screen. ;_;

Jun 15, 2010 at 5:05 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Misunderstood.

Jun 15, 2010 at 5:24 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Shadow the Past said:
If there was precussion (I seriously cannot figure out how to spell this damn word) the music would actually be pretty good. But it's not, so I sadface all over my screen. ;_;

It's percussion, and we all wish the percussion in the new music was working.

But yeah, as has been said before, the music needs to be fixed so the percussion works (the good folks at Nicalis tell us that the new music is broken because they released it too early, or something along those lines).

Jun 15, 2010 at 5:36 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
No, GIR, he didn't read any of the thread and just wrote "misunderstood" in response to the thread title.

Jun 15, 2010 at 5:39 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Fire1052 said:
No, GIR, he didn't read any of the thread and just wrote "misunderstood" in response to the thread title.

Oh.

Well I guess I misunderstood him then, didn't I?

Jun 21, 2010 at 2:51 PM
In front of a computer
Fire1052 said:
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Oh.

Well I guess I misunderstood him then, didn't I?
Uh, I think you're talking about two different people. Gir responded to Shadow the Past, but Fire is referring to RHF64.

Jun 21, 2010 at 4:53 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Celtic Minstrel said:
Uh, I think you're talking about two different people. Gir responded to Shadow the Past, but Fire is referring to RHF64.

No I edited the response I made to RHF64 out since Fire was right.

Jun 28, 2010 at 3:23 PM
In front of a computer
Ah, okay. I hate it when people do that, especially without a note that they did it. :rolleyes: