Wii music: garbage or just misunderstood?

Jun 28, 2010 at 7:00 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
No I edited the response I made to RHF64 out since Fire was right.

Now everybody misunderstood D:

Oct 16, 2010 at 8:45 PM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
And I asked :3

Oct 18, 2010 at 1:39 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Thank you so much for uploading these! I still think the original OST is better than the Wii OST, but the Wii version is significantly better with the bugfix. Up to respectability at least. I mean just listen to the difference in the North America "Eyes of Flame" vs the EU version. The percussion makes or breaks it

Oct 19, 2010 at 1:04 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I've got them all up to Running Hell... I'll probably get the rest of 'em tomorrow.

Off-topic, I beat Hell on the regular difficulty today. I have only done it once before (on the pc version) and that was months ago...
Now, I beat it on my first attempt, while I was streaming. Awesome.

Oct 19, 2010 at 1:06 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
By the way, there's a sound test mode accessed by highlighting the music option and pressing 1 or 2 on the controller.

Or something like that. Nicalis said so.

Oct 19, 2010 at 1:07 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I know... 2 or a. But I really needed to replay this, and old habits die hard...

And the sound test track order is weird anyway.

Oct 19, 2010 at 8:26 AM
Ooo we can listen to the music if we click through on the music tab with 1 and 2. They even have new Toroko and King themes

If this is true, you have GOT to include these. It will be the first remix for White that I've heard D:

Oct 19, 2010 at 10:57 AM
Vercci said:
If this is true, you have GOT to include these. It will be the first remix for White that I've heard D:

Unfortunately, they're the original versions... Just quieter. At least that's what they sounded like to me.

Actually, Toroko's Theme is rearranged. White, unfortunately, isn't...

UPDATE: Allright, I've uploaded the .rar. Added it to the video descriptions like last time. Didn't link it here, because, well... You know.

Oct 28, 2010 at 5:34 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Perhaps it is time to revive this old thread, seeing as the new music has been released.

Songs that I now love (in no particular order):
CS theme
Last Battle
Charge
Safety
Access (that cool bossa nova bit at the end)
Running Hell
Jenka

Oct 28, 2010 at 6:53 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
The new last battle is cool but will never live up to the original. But the original wont live up to the pctone remix in Noxids mahin hack on Die Die Galaxy

Dec 11, 2010 at 12:26 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Some of them are alright, I guess. Last battle sounds OK, but it doesn't fit the battle's 'holyeffingcrapimgoingtodie'-theme. Would probably fit better to some sort of graceful thing that's still going to murder you.

Also, the songs sound a lot as if they were made in Mario Paint.

Feb 12, 2011 at 9:03 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
1 word Garbage - 1
:s I kinda liked the Grasstown or should I say "Bushlines" theme

Feb 12, 2011 at 9:23 PM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Yay bump. Honestly I think the Wii music is underrated. :J I like almost all of the songs. The ones I don't like are: Access, Gestation, Plant, GRAVITY, Tyrant, Run!, Labyrinth Fight, Living Waterway, Cave Story Theme/Wii Menu, Last Cave, Break Down, Seal Chamber and The Way Back Home. I pretty much liked all the others, especially Balrog's Theme (Which seems to be hated for some reason), and Charge.

Feb 13, 2011 at 12:54 AM
Feb 13, 2011 at 1:34 AM
Quoter said:
:s I kinda liked the Grasstown or should I say "Bushlines" theme
No, you shouldn't say Bushlines, because the area is called Bushlands.

Feb 13, 2011 at 8:56 AM
Pirate Member
definitely misunderstood, not garbage with the exception of some songs. i like Eyes of Flame among others.
@Ollie: the Wii Menu chunk of the Cave Story theme is from a remix in the original CSRP.
the ingame Cave Story (Plantation) theme, on the other hand, complete trash
same name, different song. same tune, different feel.

Feb 13, 2011 at 4:06 PM
"Huzzah!"
I'm afraid i think its complete rubbish. I survived on "new music" mode until the first core fight, but i had to quit when i heard oppression. Theres alot of great tracks in cave story original, my absolute favourite being the ravaged egg corridor theme. The Wii version removed all flavour from the entire score. Everythings dumbed down and mellowed out.

Videogame music is something i adore. Its all about making the player feel something. All of Pixels tracks explored the full spectrum of emotion. From contentment, to sadness and from energetic to intimidating. The wii versions tracks kill anything the originals had dead. No atmosphere, no emotion and no character.

Feb 13, 2011 at 4:19 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Am i the only one who doesnt have a problem with the majority of the music but one theme.

Feb 13, 2011 at 6:33 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I agree with you Marx. The only track I really kinda don't like at this point is gravity, but I was never a fan of the original track anyways.

Miles_Valentine said:
The wii versions tracks kill anything the originals had dead. No atmosphere, no emotion and no character.

Not really, they're just different. I mean, the new Geothermal is just full of emotion for example (a different atmosphere from the original though), and that's one song:

And the new Living Waterway is probably the best new song (even better than the original I'd say):

The original oppression was better though.

I found a lot of the songs bad on my first playthrough, but I think it was more or less because I had become accustomed to the original songs, and any changes in the new songs just sounded wrong because of it. After a little while though, I began to like the new songs.