Undertale

Dec 18, 2015 at 9:10 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I was playing Undetale, in a genocide run, and I had just killed Papyrus. I had just gotten through the area after you ca talk to the Monster Kid, and where Sans would normally be. Then i went to the room where you first encounter Undye, however Instead of moving forward when she turned around to notice me, I walk backwards, only to see a shadow-covered Papyrus. Has anybody else encountered this? Is it a glitch?

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:35 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
that's a remnant from the conversation Papyrus and Undyne have in the neutral run, toby forgot to get rid of it in the geno run

Dec 19, 2015 at 4:12 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
that's a remnant from the conversation Papyrus and Undyne have in the neutral run, toby forgot to get rid of it in the geno run
Yeah, I know that, I was just asking if anyone else had encountered it.

Dec 19, 2015 at 5:18 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
well you asked if it was a glitch

Dec 19, 2015 at 4:22 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I was playing Undetale, in a genocide run, and I had just killed Papyrus. I had just gotten through the area after you ca talk to the Monster Kid, and where Sans would normally be. Then i went to the room where you first encounter Undye, however Instead of moving forward when she turned around to notice me, I walk backwards, only to see a shadow-covered Papyrus. Has anybody else encountered this? Is it a glitch?

These aren't the Undertale forums, you should have posted this in the official Undertale thread instead of making a new one. I am sure that a mod will merge these threads.

Dec 22, 2015 at 5:52 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
well maybe you should

Dec 22, 2015 at 9:36 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
le play super nintendo online dot com face

Dec 22, 2015 at 9:51 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I don't have money. And I don't have any of the platforms its ever been on.
no one spent money on bubsy
i downloaded a rom file of "Bubsy in Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind" for the Sega Genesis and played it in an emulator capable of playing Sega Genesis games

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2015 at 11:11 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Undertale is on sale finally! Woot! If albiet a bit of a flimsy sale, it's a sale nevertheless. :>

Jan 5, 2016 at 5:16 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Excellent game. I waited for the Xmas sale and finally broke down and got it. I really love the attention to detail and amount of choice that it seemed to provide.

Endgame spoilers:
I MESSED UP! I'm boned.

Well, I mean I don't think I want to go back now. I mean. Genocide run?!
As you might have guessed, I played the pure pacifist run on my first game... Only making one mistake, which I quickly reset.
Killing Toriel. I reset soon as I random massively killed her... Just like I once did with Toroko. But, this time I could make a difference...

And proceeded to befriend everyone in the game ] :)

Oh, and I wonder how many people actually listened to Toriel at the start... I really didn't leave the first room until she ran out of messages...

Anyway... Undertale was probably my 'game of the year' for 2015. I really appreciated the painstaking details. The odd creativity. The wonderful music. The wild battles. The various twists. The Humor The TEMMIE
Even if I don't feel very strongly about the character's overall depth. Well, to be honest few characters had a chance to shine, and if they did, they were usually quickly set aside. But. And yet. Somehow. I REALLY rooted for them by the end. Can't put my finger on it, but there was a bit of magic involved with this game. I kinda want to start over... a second time...

Which brings us back to the beginning.
After loving all the characters, and reaching the undoubtedly, true end. How can I go back and kill everyone?!!$!$

Congratulations!! You saved the world! (RESETS and performs GENOCIDE 8O|=< <Papyrus ascii art WHYYYYYYYY HOI!!!!!!! STOP!)
You know a game is doing something right when you are really satisfied with the ending. That doesn't happen very often for me...

Random things:

When I got carried away and set Undyne's house on fire... At about EXACTLY the same time it happened, the heat turned on for the first time this winter. Needless to say... I smelled smoke...
BONUS EVENT : 4th wall breach
...I had to look around in momentary doubt... lol

Another bonus moment:
When asked what my name was by Asriel... I whispered my name "Chris" except when I said it, it sounded a lot like... "Frisk" ...
Call it in my head, but at that moment, the result was immersive.

There's more but 2 minutes of sleep doesn't cut it... Stayed up all night to finish... ouch.
I appreciated Toriel's jab about, using the PC for long periods of time isn't healthy, good thing I've never seen you use one!

........ So, after all the hype around Undertale, it did not disappoint. I'm really happy... and I'm just a little sad; it's come and gone so fast. Like a dream...

........ Well I guess I could always go back and kill everyone! That's something..... Right!?

~Flowey Smiley~

Btw here's a question for everyone... What did you name your character on your first play through?
And how did it color your experience?
Just curious.

Without knowing much about the game in advance *thankfully*, I named the androgynous hero...ine, "Hope". It really fit surprisingly for a random choice.

Additional end game spoiler screenshot ahead:
WEll... I promised a screenshot, but instead you got a text.
I think Toriel is rubbing off on me.

The screenshot would have been at the castle:
*(It's a coffin.)
*(There's a name engraved on
it.)

*("Hope.")

*(It's empty.)

The name really fit though, until ironically at the very end, Hope apparently wasn't .....
Well. You know, if you've played it. ...Hopefully.

... Dreemur and Hope ... seemed like a good pair...

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2016 at 11:29 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
Btw here's a question for everyone... What did you name your character on your first play through?
Just curious.

I named him after myself like I usually do in games that give me the opportunity to do so. I guess you could say that it helped improve immersion.

Jan 5, 2016 at 11:43 PM
Just curious.

i named my character Segway

Jan 6, 2016 at 11:04 AM
Indie game enthusiast
I can restore the original text if someone wanted to respond. But, instead a spoiler question:
Is it worth it?
Is doing the Genocide Route worth it?

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2016 at 5:04 PM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I can restore the original text if someone wanted to respond. But, instead a spoiler question:
Is it worth it?
*OH YES, DARLING.

No but seriously, Genocide is totally worth doing because it provides more depth to the characters and it has totally rad boss fights!! So I 100% suggest it.
Also, you might cry.
But that's only if you went through the game caring about the characters when you did Pacifist.

If you didn't, you're safe.

Jan 6, 2016 at 5:06 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
Is it worth it?

It's worth doing the Genocide Route to see what happens and experience the few changes it adds gameplay-wise. Just make sure you know where Undertale's save data is located in case you ever want to undo the atrocities you'll end up committing.

Jan 6, 2016 at 7:35 PM
Indie game enthusiast
Thanks for the advice =)
@Spirit
My heart was already bleeding at the first dummy and frog battle. =(
Long version
Here's a fragment of the post that I deleted before changing it to a question:

Yesterday... was so filled with happiness. My first play through in the span of 3 nights or so, was a roller coaster ride of love and mercy. I agonized over certain decisions, but pressed on with my determination. A belief that nothing can prevent the character I referred to as "Hope" from reaching a happy ending.

And. We won. I mean you know what would happen from the start if you think about it. Mostly anyway. And yet, the journey was just so much fun. So many silly "battles" to somehow make friends with everyone. Even Undyne!! Wow, that was a tough battle... Barely, barely survived that lol

Ah... I can hear the dating music come back to me :3 That music box... Everyone...

But, now I'm resetting to do a Genocide run.
So, I restarted after the true end. Pursuing... determination.

My very soul hurts
At the start, I couldn't even bear to hurt the dummy. I didn't want to see Toriel's reaction. Didn't want to see her suffer. I even left, returned to the start, looking for something else. Something that might stop (the new character).

But, there was no one.
Death... I began to LV up soon as she left. Didn't call her... ...
And sure enough, I can already feel LOVE. As I LV. I WILL lose sight of Hope. That, world that was built. The tears that were shed. Everyone that was saved. edit: As long as I try to forget

Stuff like that was a bit over the top. But, I *really* felt bad for trampling on the happy ending. Just a game, I know. But I guess it was too soon to start over :p
I kinda wish the game would have acknowledged my hesitation to FIGHT in the first battles and convinced me not to pursue this killer agenda :p

But, I can't argue with getting to know the character's a little better x)
I-I just wanted to get to know you better... idiot! *bloody knife in hand*
Short Version
I-I just wanted to get to know you better... idiot! *knife in hand*
@SeasonsOfDestiny
I saved it! Felt REALLY bad last night starting the... anti-hero's route after that final ending, and reloaded the previous world to cry to Toriel =(
*Should* have played it from a neutral ending -> genocide -> true after all I'm sure.

Oh well... :p