Unanswered Questions

Sep 22, 2008 at 3:37 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
andwhyisit said:
Next to the outer wall.
I thought it was proved that the game maps don't line up perfectly anyway. Besides, whatabout things extending in 3 dimensions and whatnot?

Anyway the whole idea I was getting at is: screw making it fit maps we know, why not make something completely new up? Then you can easily alter it to fit whatever happens in the storyline, and seeing as the whole island is collapsing, it's not hard to believe sealed passages are opening and resealing amidst the falling rubble.

Sep 22, 2008 at 4:01 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Lyger said:
I thought it was proved that the game maps don't line up perfectly anyway. Besides, whatabout things extending in 3 dimensions and whatnot?

Anyway the whole idea I was getting at is: screw making it fit maps we know, why not make something completely new up? Then you can easily alter it to fit whatever happens in the storyline, and seeing as the whole island is collapsing, it's not hard to believe sealed passages are opening and resealing amidst the falling rubble.
Sorry I just assumed which wall you were talking about. But it is still pure speculation.

Also:
Why would Curly move towards the collapsing wall that could crush her instead of away from it?
Where is the rubble?
Where is the rock?
How did she get the Nemmy if she was at Cthulthu's place the entire time?

Sep 22, 2008 at 4:06 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
I'll repeat what I said:
I don't know, come up with something! She doesn't have to be in Cthulu's place, she could happen to be wandering anywhere in the Plantation. Sure, give her a side trek to grab the Nemmy! Sure, maybe she was somewhere else! Why did she go into the tunnel? That's just a detail in the scene: it just happened to be that the way the ceiling caved in, it was the only open path. I mean, what would you chose? Area full of collapsing roof, or relatively sturdy-looking hole in the wall?

If you don't like the details, modify them! That's the whole point! It's a completely new area of the island for which there is no map, so MAKE SHIT UP to explain things you don't like. That's all I'm saying.

Sep 22, 2008 at 4:20 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
dooey100 said:
Mabey the crack opened up into the littles house. They are fairly close on the map.
No. Plantation and littles house (littles house is just below egg corridor on the outer wall) are nowhere near each other, and even in the possibility that they are that close to each other even 3d cannot rule out that egg corridor and plantation cannot co-exist in the same area as each other.

Lyger said:
I'll repeat what I said:

I don't know, come up with something! She doesn't have to be in Cthulu's place, she could happen to be wandering anywhere in the Plantation. Sure, give her a side trek to grab the Nemmy! Sure, maybe she was somewhere else! Why did she go into the tunnel? That's just a detail in the scene: it just happened to be that the way the ceiling caved in, it was the only open path. I mean, what would you chose? Area full of collapsing roof, or relatively sturdy-looking hole in the wall?

If you don't like the details, modify them! That's the whole point! It's a completely new area of the island for which there is no map, so MAKE SHIT UP to explain things you don't like. That's all I'm saying.
Sorry but I don't have much appreciation for theories that are based on pure speculation. What you are doing is "making shit up" which is annoying for people who like to back up their theories when you are saying "your theory is wrong because anything is possible, so there!". I am pointing out that your events don't fit, sure your tunnel is possible, but there are no signs of rubble or the rock that hit Curly on the head when you find her in hell, or the Cthulthu himself.

Sep 22, 2008 at 12:24 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
andwhyisit said:
How did she get the Nemmy if she was at Cthulthu's place the entire time?
Cthulhu's pretty mysterious – maybe he gave her the Nemesis!

Sep 22, 2008 at 4:03 PM
This Troper
Celtic Minstrel said:
Cthulhu's pretty mysterious – maybe he gave her the Nemesis!
Maybe even led her to the Sacred Grounds. He's always seemed to know more than anybody else. Maybe he can see the future. Or knows some sort of legends. Who knows?

Sep 22, 2008 at 10:54 PM
In front of a computer
Hey, you read xkcd?

Sep 22, 2008 at 11:05 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
andwhyisit said:
Sorry but I don't have much appreciation for theories that are based on pure speculation. What you are doing is "making shit up" which is annoying for people who like to back up their theories when you are saying "your theory is wrong because anything is possible, so there!". I am pointing out that your events don't fit, sure your tunnel is possible, but there are no signs of rubble or the rock that hit Curly on the head when you find her in hell, or the Cthulthu himself.
I think for some reason I was under the impression this was the topic for the movie plot. I'z confuzzed.

Sorry. Carry on.

Sep 22, 2008 at 11:37 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
innocent.bystander said:
My old mod had a whole plot centered around the mysterious Cthulus. I'll have to write it all up.
Remnants of the human explorers who died in the red flower war for trying to protect the mimiga from the robot soldiers?

Sep 25, 2008 at 12:37 AM
I can has squidburger?
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Nope. They were the original inhabitants of the islands, and genetically engineered the Mimigas out of rabbits as an experiment- the rabbits had been accidentally teleported from the surface. Their culture gradually became self-destructive as they began to fight among themselves, and one of them finally found that they could use the red flowers as a weapon. Alas, the power of the frenzied mimiga was too much for them to control, and they were all killed except for the one currently in the game, who was a complete lameass and went into hiding.

Yep.

I have another one about Toroko and Arthur's heritage (King's children).

Sep 25, 2008 at 1:17 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
innocent.bystander said:
Nope. They were the original inhabitants of the islands, and genetically engineered the Mimigas out of rabbits as an experiment- the rabbits had been accidentally teleported from the surface. Their culture gradually became self-destructive as they began to fight among themselves, and one of them finally found that they could use the red flowers as a weapon. Alas, the power of the frenzied mimiga was too much for them to control, and they were all killed except for the one currently in the game, who was a complete lameass and went into hiding.
The backstory specifically states that the red flowers were used by the Mimiga as a last resort to fight off the soldiers from the surface, but not until after heavy Human and Mimiga casualties.

Sep 25, 2008 at 2:12 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
It's the new illicit drug. Who needs weed? There's Red Flower!

It needs a street name though.

Sep 25, 2008 at 2:59 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Yeah I was thinking along the lines of Blood, too.

Sep 25, 2008 at 3:08 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Red Spore sounds like a better name.

Sep 25, 2008 at 3:16 AM
In front of a computer
One could argue that there are in fact three Cthulhus in the game! Or at least two.

Sep 25, 2008 at 3:34 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Celtic Minstrel said:
One could argue that there are in fact three Cthulhus in the game! Or at least two.
I know.

Sep 26, 2008 at 10:00 PM
This Troper
andwhyisit said:
Red Spore sounds like a better name.
What about just Red? There have been sillier street names than that.

Celtic Minstrel said:
There is only one Cthulhu, just... at more places simultaneously.