The Mother of All Cave Story Questions

May 16, 2009 at 10:07 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
thanks to Cave Story , everyone could know that Blade's sword is King's sword :D

May 16, 2009 at 10:09 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
No, Blade's sword is King's Blade.
Genetic science is confusing, eh? At least Blade isn't a king.

May 16, 2009 at 10:52 PM
/end
Blade would make a kickass King, what are you talking about?

May 16, 2009 at 11:02 PM
But Blade is not a King, King has a Blade.

May 16, 2009 at 11:14 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
King is more awesome than Blade, it's sure >:3

May 16, 2009 at 11:57 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Ontopic now please.

May 17, 2009 at 12:12 AM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
No. It's lighted by lightbulbs powered by hidden solar panels.

May 17, 2009 at 12:15 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Wait..

I think we're going the wrong way with this...
What if it's not the cave that's lit up, but, the back of everyone's eyeballs instead?
It'd be like Night-Vision :D

May 17, 2009 at 12:18 AM
This Troper
No. That'd be like glowing eyes in the dark.

May 17, 2009 at 12:19 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
O rly?

T-Jack said:
No. That'd be like glowing eyes in the dark.
Oh really, have you tried?
=D

May 17, 2009 at 12:21 AM
This Troper
I will, after you show me how to do it. But it's pretty obvious that being blinded by a light positioned right behind one's eyes is not the best thing to do in total darkness.

May 17, 2009 at 12:23 AM
I really think that the luminescent stone theory is the most solid, and coolest. You never see any lightbulbs in the entire game, which you would need somewhere on the entire island.
However, there are a few places that are not made of stone, but are artificially constructed. We could just say that Pixel didn't feel it was necessary to put in lights, or we could extend this thread by another 50 posts or so.

May 17, 2009 at 1:12 PM
/end
Just because the player can't see the lightblubs doesn't mean they aren't there.

May 17, 2009 at 1:29 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
MetaSeraphim said:
Just because the player can't see the lightblubs doesn't mean they aren't there.
^Win

It seems to me that in organized communities found in the game, there would be the use of artificial light. And before anyone says that some area cannot have lighting due to this reasoning, allow me to explain each area.

First Cave: The Hermit Gunsmith lives here, we know he takes walking so that means he goes into the first cave, it is most likely he has setup lights in the cave.

Mimiga Village: It's a village, thus they would put in some lighting.

Egg Corridor: A place that was made to incubate sky dragon eggs, it was artificially made, thus there is most likely artificial light.

Grasstown: Santa and Chacao live here, they need to see outside of their homes, and in the right part of the area we see technology with the fans and even seeing a light light up when we activate such fans.

Sand Zone: The holding place for the storehouse holds the red flowers, Jenka is the guard. So she would need to see in order to guard something so terrible.

Labyrinth: The guadi population lives here, they must have someway to see their enemy.

Core Room: As we can there are security panels and it is made artificially so there was light added.

Waterway: Crap, I got nothing.

Outer Wall: Outside duh.

Plantation: The doctor was using it to grow plants, plants need light, there you go, he added light to the area.

Last Cave: Since it most likely the team first sent to the Island had to go through this cave, the most likely left lights in order see, and they weren't bothered to take them back, or use a flashlight.

Balcony: Outside

Hell: Jenka didn't want her brother to not be able to see his torture, so she put in some light.

May 17, 2009 at 2:05 PM
This Troper
Waterway: There's a house there. Therefore someone had to live there. Therefore he had to walk around as well. Therefore he had to see out there. Therefore there has to be a light.

May 17, 2009 at 6:33 PM
rust45 said:
First Cave: The Hermit Gunsmith lives here, we know he takes walking so that means he goes into the first cave, it is most likely he has setup lights in the cave.

Then how come there's light in the Start Point and beyond? It's obvious he never went there, or he would know about you.

rust45 said:
Sand Zone: The holding place for the storehouse holds the red flowers, Jenka is the guard. So she would need to see in order to guard something so terrible.

She doesn't need lights for the whole thing, like the chamber that leads to Omega.

rust45 said:
Labyrinth: The guadi population lives here, they must have someway to see their enemy.

You'd think anything native to the island would have night-vision, seeing as they're underground.

rust45 said:
Last Cave: Since it most likely the team first sent to the Island had to go through this cave, the most likely left lights in order see, and they weren't bothered to take them back, or use a flashlight.

And the flashlights never ran out of batteries. They have perpetual energy generators in Cave Story? Might explain where all these lights are getting their electricity from.

May 17, 2009 at 6:44 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
MAGIC

Captain Fabulous said:
Then how come there's light in the Start Point and beyond? It's obvious he never went there, or he would know about you.

She doesn't need lights for the whole thing, like the chamber that leads to Omega.

You'd think anything native to the island would have night-vision, seeing as they're underground.

And the flashlights never ran out of batteries. They have perpetual energy generators in Cave Story? Might explain where all these lights are getting their electricity from.
MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC!!
:D

I mean, it's a floating Island....