The Mother of All Cave Story Questions

Aug 2, 2009 at 12:58 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Ditto

9. Reviving old threads should only be allowed if you have something to contribute to the thread's original topic.
Again, better to revive old threads than just create clone ones.
New members get entitled to create/add/support/etc. theories just as you did when you joined.

Aug 2, 2009 at 12:59 AM
Been here way too long...
Maybe you shouldn't repeat yourself across threads, Lowell. Or you could just stop posting, but that's less likely. Now you're bumping this dead thread even more, and you're making ME bump it, too. THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.

Aug 2, 2009 at 1:04 AM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Again, better to revive old threads than just create clone ones.
New members get entitled to create/add/support/etc. theories just as you did when you joined.
First, read the rule once more. Second, tell me what exactly did Icarus contribute to the thread. Third, bang your head against your desk and say aloud "I am an idiot" five times.

Aug 2, 2009 at 1:08 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Meh.

T-Jack said:
First, read the rule once more. Second, tell me what exactly did Icarus contribute to the thread. Third, bang your head against your desk and say aloud "I am an idiot" five times.
Before I do any of that, who said I was talking about Icarus.
Theory threads don't get to die just because you guys get bored of them, unless you want new members creating 10 threads over the same thing. Which you don't.
I'm just telling Captain that the thread's not going to die.
Captain Fabulous said:
Maybe you shouldn't repeat yourself across threads, Lowell. Or you could just stop posting, but that's less likely. Now you're bumping this dead thread even more, and you're making ME bump it, too. THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.
Like you did with your "Let this thread die aflmwosida" posts?

Aug 2, 2009 at 1:12 AM
This Troper
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Before I do any of that, who said I was talking about Icarus.
Theory threads don't get to die just because you guys get bored of them, unless you want new members creating 10 threads over the same thing. Which you don't.
I'm just telling Captain that the thread's not going to die.
Okay, so what you're saying is "Better post one and the same thing a hundred times in the thread than let it die becase I said so." WHAT'S THE POINT?

Aug 2, 2009 at 1:14 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Clutter

T-Jack said:
Okay, so what you're saying is "Better post one and the same thing a hundred times in the thread than let it die becase I said so." WHAT'S THE POINT?
To keep things organized, why else.
And if this thread dies/gets locked/is deleted, another will just come to take its place, so why fight the tide?

EDIT:
Swap to PMs?

Aug 2, 2009 at 1:26 AM
This Troper
VoidMage_Lowell said:
To keep things organized, why else.
And if this thread dies/gets locked/is deleted, another will just come to take its place, so why fight the tide?

EDIT:
Swap to PMs?
Uh... since when is a dead thread unreadable? No, wait, nevermind. I forgot that arguing with you is pointless...

Aug 2, 2009 at 1:59 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Sorry, I forgot to check the dates. It was on the first page and in most forums that means it's still living.

No more posting. Let it die.