Show off your org music...

Jul 28, 2012 at 3:49 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
That sounds very off to me, I don't think the two melodies are meant to desync like that and it's missing several parts of the original. It might be incomplete but you didn't specify :muscledoc:

Jul 28, 2012 at 4:39 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I present to you, Flight Theme 2 from Secret of Mana.

It sounded a little off, so I compared it to the original. Some Googling told me this piece is called "Prophecy". You can find 3 different MIDI versions of it at vgmusic.com. (Go to the SNES section, then "Secret of Mana", then look for "Prophecy".) Or you can find it on YouTube.

In the ORG, it sounds like the bass parts and the melody part don't stay in sync. Also, the repeat range ends in the middle of the song, preventing the remaining notes from being played.

(Edit: Oops, DoubleThink posted while I was drafting my post.)

Jul 28, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
This happened with the last midi->ORG conversion you did too.
I think you should check on those synchronization issues...

Also, Mosaic, I'm gonna give your multiple track volume trick a shot tomorrow, I've always love pushing ORGMaker's boundaries.

Jul 29, 2012 at 6:27 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Carrotlord, I'm not familiar with the original Flight Theme2, so I kind of liked the way that the melody and harmony sort of phased. I was wondering why you didn't have the time signature set to 5/4, though, since the bass seems to be in 5.

Cultr1, I'm eager to see how it works for you! I'll probably give it a try at some point, too, but I'm not sure when. I have a couple other things going on so I haven't gotten to dedicate a whole lot of time to composition, but when I can I'll probably mess around with the effect a little. I am still working on learning Pxtone, though, so whatever time I have for composing and arranging is divided. :( And then there's this whole school thing that's going to be starting up soon that I have to start preparing for... there goes my free time. [/complaining]

Jul 29, 2012 at 6:33 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Carrotlord, I'm not familiar with the original Flight Theme2, so I kind of liked the way that the melody and harmony sort of phased. I was wondering why you didn't have the time signature set to 5/4, though, since the bass seems to be in 5.

I didn't bother since I wrote it as .txt first, and used Org2Text. I guess 5/4 would have been better. The bass is always 20 beats long. However, the main melody is a bit 4/4-ish.

Jul 29, 2012 at 5:57 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I was wondering why you didn't have the time signature set to 5/4, though, since the bass seems to be in 5.
I guess 5/4 would have been better. The bass is always 20 beats long. However, the main melody is a bit 4/4-ish.

Using the MIDIs as a guide, I see the original alternates between sections of 5-beat measures and 6-beat measures. So the ORG may have to compromise time signature accuracy and settle for something that lets you put the repeat point exactly at the end.

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Professional Whatever
Aug 25, 2012 at 10:25 PM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Heres an org I made. It's a remix of F-Zero. Some feedback would be most appriciated

F-Zero Org Remix

Sep 3, 2012 at 12:38 PM
The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I made a longer version of Meltdown 2 so I guess it counts as a remix.
Meltdown Battle (Mediafire)

I made it with OrgMaker v2, so I don't know if OrgMaker can open it.

Sep 7, 2012 at 9:32 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
http://www.mediafire.com/?e09xzwncur9rlok

My first ORG. It is very crappy so i hope i get better. This was made from total scratch.

Sep 14, 2012 at 8:15 PM
Professional Whatever
Made another. I'm using it right now but I GUESS if you ask you can use it.

The Way

Original Song

Any thoughts?

Oct 9, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
my & a few friends remixes can be downloaded @ http://tobaunta.com/

direct links:

Pixelhunters - Cave Story
http://soundcloud.com/tobaunta/pixelhunters-cave-story-1

Pixelhunters - Cave Story (Audio Paradyne Remix)
http://soundcloud.com/tobaunta/pixelhunters-cave-story-audio

Pixelhunters - Cave Story (ClubExclusive Remix)
http://soundcloud.com/tobaunta/pixelhunters-cave-story-2

more coming soon. pls listen and comment.

Oct 9, 2012 at 11:05 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
As an expert hacker I can confirm that these songs were not, in fact, made with orgmaker.

Oct 10, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
hehe no read the topic to fast and missed "org" :p read it after and then it was "shit the same" but its a remix of Cave Story at least =)

Oct 24, 2012 at 2:25 AM
LSD
"..."
I made this about a year ago on my friend's computer.
He just found it again.

I changed the instruments and made it loop.
It might be in J Story later on.

Mediafire

Nov 5, 2012 at 1:40 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Whew, the last post was almost 2 weeks ago!

Classical Wolf Dance

This is my first composition using OrgMaker. Seeing as how I've never written sheet music before, this will actually be my first composition ever.

Hopefully it doesn't sound too dissonant. Tell me what you think, but try not to be too harsh. I mean, I've never done this before.
I'm using C major because I'm racist and don't know how to hit the black keys yet.

Nov 5, 2012 at 2:13 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Not bad! The one thing I notice immediately is the lack of range in your song. If you took a few of those parts down an octave, your song would sound better without you having to do any work!
It also is a little busy at any given point in the song, I think taking some of the parts out some of the time would not only make the song clearer, but also give it more variation without having to write new lines.

I know that's kind of vague, but given by this song you have at least some talent in composing, I think you tweaking it would produce better results than me telling you what to do.

Nov 5, 2012 at 2:18 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Your song sounds very random and confused. It doesn't really have any dissonance(thanks to sticking to the white keys/being a racist) but it lacks structure. I really recommend you look up some music theory before writing anything else, since this isn't really that good at all.

The main problem with it is that there's never any chords clearly expressed at any point in the song, and thus it lacks chord progressions/sounds very random.

Nov 6, 2012 at 2:29 AM
Professional Whatever
Okay so I just bought Pokemon Black 2 and I fucking love this song now
I decided to make an org of it.
Criticism would be tasty appreciated.

In response to Carrot's song, it seems like individually your tracks have some good rhythm and would sound nice with some accompaniment, but the way you mashed them all together into one song makes it seem very random, as GIR said. It was definitely not a catchy song, and it kind of hurt my ears, with all of the different tracks playing at once.
Of course my opinion is a bit hypocritical since I haven't really composed any music of my own before, so feel free to ignore my criticism if you feel it doesn't apply.