Show off your org music...

Dec 29, 2011 at 2:11 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
merged.

The new thread button is a privilege, not a right.
Stop making a new thread every 5 minutes for every little thing that enters your precious mind

Jan 8, 2012 at 9:01 PM
Professional Whatever
Music. <-- 4shared
I'll just sneak this in here... <-- direct mp3
Original song. <-- Direct link

How'd I do?
It is not an exact replica. I had to shorten it because you don't need to know, and some things I couldn't do in oMaker. (I probably could, I just don't know how to)

Jan 15, 2012 at 6:29 AM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
MagicDoors, while I don't really like the song that much, it's well recreated and extremely catchy.

I made the Legend of Zelda theme in Orgmaker, you might need Orgmaker 2.

The Legend of Zelda.org

Mar 3, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Professional Whatever
Sad Romance

It's not the best recreation, but whatever.

Mar 5, 2012 at 2:25 AM
Professional Whatever
Sorry for double post but THIS
I love this org like it's my son, but I'm so glad I'm finished making it.

Apr 23, 2012 at 3:19 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Here are few my songs, from my mod [acronym="Haunted House Story"]HHs[/acronym] and some are not used yet.
http://www.mediafire.com/?y69cyfq8chbobm2

It's sorta like OrgMaker, but it has only one music list.

May 1, 2012 at 1:45 AM
Based Member
I made a remix of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers theme. here it is.

It was the first custom org of mine that I think is high enough quality to share with people. It's not as good as GIRakaCHEEZER's remixes, but I'm still pretty proud of it.

May 1, 2012 at 3:50 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
It's very good, especially given the level of skill you're professing to.
First of all, why is every drum note two clicks long? The length makes no impact on the sound.
Second, I'd say the loop is a little jarring, you might want to tinker with that.
Lastly, I'd work with overlaying two instruments onto one melody, and messing with the frequencies in the same window where you change the tempo. It creates more complex waves, they always sound nice and more sophisticated, which I'm assuming is a goal, since this is based off of a real song.

May 1, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Based Member
It's very good, especially given the level of skill you're professing to.
Thanks!

First of all, why is every drum note two clicks long? The length makes no impact on the sound.
Originally, the tempo was twice what it is. But once I started adding instrument track 3, I needed to double the speed so that it would be fast enough. When I made all the other tracks twice the length so that they'd sound the same in double speed, the drum tracks ended up like that. Of course that's no good excuse, but that's why. Eventually I'll fix that. I guess this isn't quite complete yet. So yeah, I'll fix that eventually.

Second, I'd say the loop is a little jarring, you might want to tinker with that.
Yeah, I agree.

Lastly, I'd work with overlaying two instruments onto one melody, and messing with the frequencies in the same window where you change the tempo. It creates more complex waves, they always sound nice and more sophisticated, which I'm assuming is a goal, since this is based off of a real song.
Ok. Thanks for all the feedback. And yes, making it sound more sophisticated is my goal.

May 2, 2012 at 4:33 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Yeah, man, I like it! The riff from the opening takes me back, what, fifteen years or something. :Insert nostalgia emoticon here:

Are you planning on extending it to include the "Go, go, Power Rangers! You Mighty Morphin Power Rangers!" vocal lick from the chorus? That would make me happy. :D

I've only just started fiddling with ORGmaker, but I bet it would be cool if you added in another line to harmonize the main guitar track (channel 3, if I'm not mistaken). Of course, that harmony isn't in the original and if you add in something like the original vocal line you might not need the reharmonization anyway. The additional harmony would make it sound deeper or more complex, though.

May 2, 2012 at 5:16 PM
Based Member
Yeah, man, I like it! The riff from the opening takes me back, what, fifteen years or something. :Insert nostalgia emoticon here:
Thanks!

Are you planning on extending it to include the "Go, go, Power Rangers! You Mighty Morphin Power Rangers!" vocal lick from the chorus? That would make me happy. :D
I hope I can do that, but I'm not sure. The midi I used to make this remix had no such musical track, and I suck at copying notes by ear.

I've only just started fiddling with ORGmaker, but I bet it would be cool if you added in another line to harmonize the main guitar track (channel 3, if I'm not mistaken). Of course, that harmony isn't in the original and if you add in something like the original vocal line you might not need the reharmonization anyway. The additional harmony would make it sound deeper or more complex, though.
Indeed it would. Thanks!

EDIT: 350th post! ...

May 2, 2012 at 8:31 PM
If you would like a hand (or ear, as it were) figuring out that vocal line, I'd be happy to help out. Especially for something as awesome as Power Rangers. (It should be something like E E D E G E :|| then it hangs on F for a while before going G F E; the harmony is usually up a third from those melody notes).

In other news, I fiddled around on my own with ORGmaker! Huzzah! Short and sweet. Maybe it could be the death music in a mod or something? Feedback is very welcome. EDIT: Also, if your sound system has a good bass end, fantastic. If not, you might find the listening experience much better with headphones.

May 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Based Member
Wow, well, thanks for the offer! There are several songs that I want to do remixes of for which I can't find any midis, so eventually I'll have to get good at doing things by ear, and now might not be a bad time. But if I really struggle with this part in particular, I'll know who to turn to for help. :)

May 13, 2012 at 7:37 AM
He who lurks beneath the posts.
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Holy crap. this thread is still going strong! xD

Keep up the good work guys! I'm just gonna pretend I'm important and whatnot. Possibly continue to be MIA on the forums.

xD peace xD

May 22, 2012 at 8:05 AM
So I couldn't sleep tonight and had this tune going on in my head and felt the sudden urge to put it into an .org to share.

So yeah, I arranged this piece in Orgmaker tonight, but I composed it a few years back for my senior recital in college. I performed it with the awesome jazz combo that I was playing with at the time, and it was a lot of fun. It blends jazz with a traditional Paraguayan genre, the polca paraguaya. Anyway, enough geeking out for now. I hope you enjoy it, and feedback and comments are welcome!

The piece is called Hace unos momentos, which means "A few moments ago" in Spanish.

Jun 15, 2012 at 12:46 AM
LSD
"..."
I decided I'd make something that didn't completely suck, and this was the outcome.
The weather today was nothing but gloomy, and I was in the mood to do this.
It is extremely short- four measures- but it repeats (obviously) which makes it a bit better.
I didn't work too hard on it, only about half an hour, but this is one I'm actually proud of.
Anyway, I present Rainy Day!

Jun 15, 2012 at 11:58 PM
You have some real potential with this little tidbit! You might consider messing with the instruments that are assigned to each track to make the voice leading more noticeable. Also, you might experiment with the balance; the melody line gets swallowed up a bit in the last couple of measures—this is both because of balance and the fact that all of the instruments are the same, so distinguishing one timbre from another is pretty much impossible.

But while we're on the subject of short little nuggets of compositions, here's a short loop that I wrote several weeks ago. It's really short—the looping part is only about two bars long, but I wrote it for the purpose of just being able to zone out to the groove. I'm toying with the idea of actually fleshing it out into a real piece.