Dec 16, 2015 at 7:29 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I imagine it would be easier to just try to recreate the sound on something like seatone than go through that hassle, I could be wrong though.

Eh, I suppose it's not a big deal.

It's Santa laughing. It's really hard to replicate something like that in SeaTone.

Dec 18, 2015 at 12:01 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
I'm stumped over this one:

So I made a map with a sequence where you defeat a boss and then on the foe's death event #0501 is suppose to run, except it never does It runs some script of a previous map (event (I think at least, I went through a series of rooms and the result is always the same script from Map 1 Also it just interrupts at seeming random parts of the script (usually in the 700's and I tried deleting the map and remaking it, also just putting the said event in map 1's script but when I did that the script started reading from a different place and it's just a big mess now. The script even cuts off whenever it chooses apparently.... If it makes any difference, The boss battle takes place in a room with water foreground as the background property and rising and lowering water level NPC, I'm not using flag 4000 just flags 1-5 and nothing out of the ordinary.

I tested said boss in a different map (same and all using H/V triggers, and setting to run event on death and experienced no issues so I think it's another NPC on the map and/or the map properties because I know the script does some odd things in the core room in Vanilla if you tamper with flags. It's also impossible to drown before the battle ends and script runs.

I expected to have to make it over quite a few hurdles over the course of my project, but this was not one of them.

E: interacting with the NPC normally (making it interactable by standing in front of it and pressing down I mean by normally) is perfectly fine and no bugs happen. WHAT EVEN

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2015 at 4:37 PM
squidward
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Oh, that's a shame. Certain scenes of the mod won't be the same without it. Is there any way I can put it in as something else, like a short ORG with the WAV forms for the drum replaced?
If you use the WAV hack, the drum samples for the current org are somewhere around 70 so you can probably just use the <SOU command with whatever the drum numbers are. I don't know what effect this has on the org playing but it should be fine if you don't play any sounds you're using in the org.

Dec 19, 2015 at 5:55 PM
Does anyone know how the "Doctor - Back turned" sprite works? For whatever reason, when I try to use it it spawns either slightly up and to the left or slightly down and to the left of where it should be, depending on whether the actual sprite box is up one from or sitting on a solid tile. It makes no sense.

EDIT:

FUCK I edited my ORGmaker 2.0 and now all of my ORGs sound messed up even if I try deleting and reinstalling ORgmaker. How do I fix this?

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2015 at 6:25 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
small question, how do i install cave story + mods?
on PC, of course.

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:05 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
yes, that was what i was asking, and how do i use plus porter?

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:11 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Uh, yes actually, CS+ mods do exist already, there are some mods that have already been ported.

@Raidein
Use Plus Porter to port or install mods that have been ported to CS+. A list of mods already ported is in the OP.

To use Plus Porter, you first want to go to File -> Open CS+ Directory, and browse to your Cave Story+ installation. To apply a port that has already been made, go to "File" -> "Open port...", browse to the folder of the port you wish to open, and click "Open." After the port has been loaded, go to "File" -> "Apply port", and a window will open up listing all mods currently installed in that game of CS+, and the order in which they'll be listed in the challenge menu (with the one at the top appearing on the main menu). You are able to arrange the mods in whatever order you want the challenge menu to list them, and then click the "Apply port!" button to apply the port to your Cave Story+ installation. Exit out of plus porter, and you'll
now be able to experience the mod in Cave Story+.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2015 at 3:13 PM
Uh, yes actually, CS+ mods do exist already, there are some mods that have already been porter.

@Raidein
Use Plus Porter to port or install mods that have been ported to CS+. A list of mods already ported is in the OP.

To use Plus Porter, you first want to go to File -> Open CS+ Directory, and browse to your Cave Story+ installation. To apply a port that has already been made, go to "File" -> "Open port...", browse to the folder of the port you wish to open, and click "Open." After the port has been loaded, go to "File" -> "Apply port", and a window will open up listing all mods currently installed in that game of CS+, and the order in which they'll be listed in the challenge menu (with the one at the top appearing on the main menu). You are able to arrange the mods in whatever order you want the challenge menu to list them, and then click the "Apply port!" button to apply the port to your Cave Story+ installation. Exit out of plus porter, and you'll
now be able to experience the mod in Cave Story+.

All that being said, I suggest you just play some normal Cave Story mods. There are a lot of good CS mods that can't be ported to CS+.

Dec 23, 2015 at 3:21 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I load up the directory and then attempt to load the mod using 'Open Port' (i'm using the port of your fourth ending mod) and it says 'The Cave Story+ port you have selected is invalid." The directory is C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Cave Story+ and it contains the game, so not sure what i broke here.

Dec 23, 2015 at 5:21 PM
Based Member
I load up the directory and then attempt to load the mod using 'Open Port' (i'm using the port of your fourth ending mod) and it says 'The Cave Story+ port you have selected is invalid." The directory is C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Cave Story+ and it contains the game, so not sure what i broke here.
When you browsed to the port of my mod, did you open up the folder titled "4Endings" or "4Endings\mod"? In order to open up a port, you have to select the folder of the port itself.

Dec 23, 2015 at 6:58 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
oh.

turns out i must've downloaded the wrong file or not finished extracting.

all fixed now. i'm smart yay

thanks

Dec 25, 2015 at 12:27 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Is there a way to check what tigger goes for which achievement? I'm trying to fix the broken 'Curse Broken' chievo and I have manually tried triggers from 0000 to 0150 with no luck. Checking them one by one is extremely boring and I guess data about that is stored somewhere?
Some time ago Zyga http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198033618053/ released a fix with a trigger 0047 but that doesn't work at all. And game was not patched so I have no clue if he sammed.

Ok, I've checked them all from 0000 to 9999 and it just doesn't unlock.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2015 at 11:13 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
another thing, now when i try and use plus porter the 'open port' button does nothing.
i'll click it and nothing will happen, unless i've started a new port where it'll ask me if i want to save the existing one, and there no matter what i do it still doesn't open.
I've tried redownloading the porter, re-extracting the one i had, closing programs to free up space... nothing.

Dec 26, 2015 at 4:21 AM
Based Member
another thing, now when i try and use plus porter the 'open port' button does nothing.
That is some strange issue with Plus Porter that some people have on their systems that I've never been able to figure out the cause of. To work around this, create a text document in the same folder as the Plus Porter .jar file, and fill it with this:
Code:
java -jar "PlusPorter.jar"
Then rename it to a .bat file and run it. This should make a command window pop up along with the program, and for everyone who's tried this, makes this problem go away.

Dec 26, 2015 at 4:33 AM
"Huzzah!"
I have a dialog box related dilemma.

This:
p210936-0-glitch11.png

Is being displayed as:
p210936-1-glitch10.png

...Why's this happening? Any method I can use to avoid / fix it?

Dec 26, 2015 at 4:50 AM
Based Member
Once you have 35 characters in one line on a text box, a linebreak is automatically entered in before going to the next character. Since that line you have there is exactly 35 characters long, there's no need for you to insert your own linebreak. This looks weird in the editor, but what you want to type is:
Code:
After all, it is highly unlikely
that our confidential files will bebreached<NOD (especially with the kind
of security this facility has.)<NOD

Dec 26, 2015 at 5:04 AM
"Huzzah!"
Once you have 35 characters in one line on a text box, a linebreak is automatically entered in before going to the next character. Since that line you have there is exactly 35 characters long, there's no need for you to insert your own linebreak. This looks weird in the editor, but what you want to type is:
Code:
After all, it is highly unlikely
that our confidential files will bebreached<NOD (especially with the kind
of security this facility has.)<NOD

That does look weird. Thanks for letting me know about this!

Dec 28, 2015 at 1:50 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
How does the Player die?

It's not directly related to the HP of the Player reaching 0, because it's possible to do so with either code (dec [49e6cc]) or LI+000@ (@ = -16) and not having the player die.

Dec 28, 2015 at 2:20 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
their hp has to reach zero during a call to the takeDamage function
you can find more details within that