Jan 9, 2015 at 5:32 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I need a help:

1. What I have to do, if my background doesn't work?

I set the background, but it doesn't exists (picture above)

2. How to make own tilesets?

I hope that you will answer as soon as you can :)

Jan 9, 2015 at 5:37 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
1. Check what background type is set in the map properties. Don't use 3 or 4, because they won't show your background. Types 0, 1 or 2 might be the preferred ones.
2. You can copy an existing one in cavestorydirectory/data/stage folder, name is Prt[insertyournamehere] (without the square brackets), then edit the tile types in Cave Editor/Booster's Lab.

Jan 9, 2015 at 5:39 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
TheChosenOne521 said:
What I have to do, if my background doesn't work?
Did you add a new map using CaveEditor? That might have screwed it up.

Jan 9, 2015 at 5:44 PM
Aar said:
Did you add a new map using CaveEditor? That might have screwed it up.
Yes. Is it a cause of this problem? :(

Jan 9, 2015 at 6:06 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
TheChosenOne521 said:
Yes. Is it a cause of this problem? :(
Yes. Don't use the "Add Map" feature.
Instead, try editing maps that already exist.

Also you should really use Booster's Lab

Jan 9, 2015 at 6:08 PM
Aar said:
Yes. Don't use the "Add Map" feature.
Instead, try editing maps that already exist.

Also you should really use Booster's Lab
OK. Thank you for an advice :)

Jan 10, 2015 at 1:12 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thank you all for clarifying!! That helped a lot~ One last question, I've been lurking around in the code, is there any way to make choices other than yes/no? (Like "Go with him" or "Stay Put" Options) I can't recall in CS if you ever could, but I'm wondering if you could do that via some clever programming.

Jan 10, 2015 at 1:26 AM
"Huzzah!"
Thank you all for clarifying!! That helped a lot~ One last question, I've been lurking around in the code, is there any way to make choices other than yes/no? (Like "Go with him" or "Stay Put" Options) I can't recall in CS if you ever could, but I'm wondering if you could do that via some clever programming.
You could, but you'd need to make a new tsc command with asm. or just make a message as usual: <KEY<MSG Go with him?<YNJ:XXXX<CLR[more tsc here]
#XXXX
<KEY<MSGYou stayed put.<NOD<CLO[more tsc here]<END

Jan 14, 2015 at 3:02 AM
so........how do i activate the curly AI so it fight's with you -- :momo: :momo: :momo: :momo: yes i have the flag so it actually appears but it dosent fight it just stands there :momo: :momo: :momo:

Jan 14, 2015 at 3:30 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
CNP:[npceventnumber]:0000:0020 BSL[npceventnumber]
I asked this too.
How would you modify an item in the inventory to make it ask if you want to equipt it?
Also, in ASM Hacking, where is the hex number for the blade?

Jan 14, 2015 at 3:30 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Modify its script in ArmsItem.tsc and include a <YNJ there. Look at Booster 0.8/2.0 entries for help.

E: As for the Blade, you mean the weapon or the projectiles it shoots?
00406BB0 - Bullet 19: Blade Level 1
00406E60 - Bullet 1A: Blade Level 2
00407110 - Bullet 1B: Blade Level 3
0041F580 - Weapon 09: Blade

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:05 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
ryan66679 said:
so........how do i activate the curly AI so it fight's with you -- :momo: :momo: :momo: :momo: yes i have the flag so it actually appears but it dosent fight it just stands there :momo: :momo: :momo:
by the way, she only fights enemies that she fought in the original game (labyrinth m + core iirc)

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:02 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
oh wait... I thought you meant the BOSS. Well I got no idea.
@Randolf Anyway, You know that Infinite Mimiga Mask mod that you put into T.T? I'm trying to make it give you the option to equipt it (‹MIM0001) and remove it (‹MIM0000) through the inventory menu, but when I put a YNJ after the description of the item, it doesn't display it and it ends like it's not even there.
Also, that sword thing is confusing me. I'm trying to make it kinda like yours in HHS, but I want to make it use the 3-level system of the spur, with 3 being a spin.
I noticed that the variable receiving 4C is the movement of the player in the Lv.1 code, but how would I change the X and Y of where it spawns when used and the damage boxes(if thats what they're called)
So I need help.

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:52 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
look extremely closely at the original script and tell me if you can't spot <ANP

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:05 PM
"Huzzah!"
oh wait... I thought you meant the BOSS. Well I got no idea.
@Randolf Anyway, You know that Infinite Mimiga Mask mod that you put into T.T? I'm trying to make it give you the option to equipt it (‹MIM0001) and remove it (‹MIM0000) through the inventory menu, but when I put a YNJ after the description of the item, it doesn't display it and it ends like it's not even there.
Also, that sword thing is confusing me. I'm trying to make it kinda like yours in HHS, but I want to make it use the 3-level system of the spur, with 3 being a spin.
I noticed that the variable receiving 4C is the movement of the player in the Lv.1 code, but how would I change the X and Y of where it spawns when used and the damage boxes(if thats what they're called)
So I need help.
Make sure <MIM is after <YNJ. After <MIM, set a flag. (<FL+)
At the beginning of the event, put a flag jump (<FLJ) of the flag number you set and set it to go to the other event where you can turn it off. and unset the flag at the end of that event. (<FL-) Also, make sure you put and <END at the end of every event or it screws things up.

Jan 16, 2015 at 9:50 PM
Does anyone have a list of ANP commands for curly :momo: :momo: :momo:

Jan 16, 2015 at 9:57 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hey there guys, avid fan and newbie to the CS Forums here.

Decided that after playing and beating Cave Story, +, and a few mods (favorite being Jenka's Nightmare Revived, awesome work there guys), that I'd try my hand at making a few of my own mods. Before I get to making full-scale independent game ideas in Pixel's engine, I figured I'd first practice with editing the original game to see how far I can get. Probably little things you've heard before; Wind Fortress, plot extensions and other little things I'm ambitious in putting in, including a couple twists here and there.

With all that said, here's my first main issue: I'm using Cave Editor v0.99d, made sure the Dokutsu files aren't read-only, and got to making some new test maps. But even after saving from both the map window and main window, everything I make (that isn't an edit to a pre-existing thing) disappears upon closing and re-opening. What did I do wrong?

Jan 16, 2015 at 9:59 PM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
well for one you're using cave editor
don't do that

use the almighty booster's lab

and for two...i think that's just your main issue, buddy o pal o friend

Jan 16, 2015 at 10:18 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Duly noted. Thanks.

I do have other little issues/etc, but they're the kinds of things I can probably figure out in time. Still have plenty to learn, but if needed in the future I'll ask.