Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Sep 4, 2014 at 8:23 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I MUST HAVE IT

Sep 10, 2014 at 3:07 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
So I have a pretty big problem with my mod.
When I started it, I used Cave Editor up until I started editing the tiles in the "Labo" tile-set. During then, the editor no longer saved map progress for some reason, so I switched to Booster's Lab. Just today, I checked the script of one of my maps, (Sand Zone Storehouse) and the entire script is reset. I decided to start up the game and check if it was reset but it's perfectly normal. I tried re-downloading Booster's Lab but it says the script is still reset. So I think it might be something wrong with my mod, but I'm not positive. Any ideas? :(
I can post a download of the mod if it comes to that.

Sep 10, 2014 at 3:46 AM
Professional Whatever
It happened to me too, and I remember switching from CE to BL as well. Basically the entirety of the game was reset to an earlier point, though not back to vanilla. It happened a little while after I switched, iirc

Sep 10, 2014 at 11:39 AM
Luckily, Cave Editor showed the script I wrote, so I just copy and pasted it back into BL and everything is back to normal.
But just so this doesn't happen again: is there any way to change map size and weapon data in BL? It's the only reasons why I keep switching to CE so if I knew how, this problem would never happen again.

Sep 10, 2014 at 3:24 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
CE and BL both write their scrips to notepads before actually applying it to the game itself.

Map size can be changed in BL by right-clicking on the map in tile-edit mode and clicking the resize option.

Bullet Data cannot be changed in BL yet. I use CE for that too.

Sep 12, 2014 at 7:24 PM
Professional Whatever
Alright guys I've done this before but I don't know what my game is doing. I'm trying to change the position of the cursor on the title screen, since my new/load text is in a different space. However, whenever I try to change the render position of new/load it doesn't change. For reference, the render info can be found starting at address 4100AE. Is there some other place I need to check? I was under the assumption that the cursor position was locked to a position relative to the position of new/load.

Sep 17, 2014 at 2:43 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Sure
use it twice

Sep 17, 2014 at 11:11 PM
I have a couple of (what I think are easy) ASM related questions:
1. In OllyDebug, how do you edit an npc so it "attacks" faster? EX: Gravekeeper knife swing, I want to make the delay before slashing down decreased dramatically (around a half second delay).
2. How do you make a behemoth entity get angry only after hitting it once?
I'm beginning to understand ASM, since I know how to change enemy speed. But I can't really get more practice if I don't even know where all of the different values are...

Sep 18, 2014 at 7:23 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Piggy Guy said:
I have a couple of (what I think are easy) ASM related questions:
1. In OllyDebug, how do you edit an npc so it "attacks" faster? EX: Gravekeeper knife swing, I want to make the delay before slashing down decreased dramatically (around a half second delay).
2. How do you make a behemoth entity get angry only after hitting it once?
I'm beginning to understand ASM, since I know how to change enemy speed. But I can't really get more practice if I don't even know where all of the different values are...
1 it varies form NPC to NPC, you'll have to look at the code and figure out some stuff.

2 read above, you kinda need to know how to change variables and how NPC's work in general to do anything like what you want.

A good place to start is by messing with code, my open source hacks (see my sig) are somewhat easy to understand, and though they aren't commentated heavily, it's better than nothing if you really want to learn it.

Sep 19, 2014 at 2:22 AM
Thanks for the help.
Now that I have the combined power of Carrotlord's and your ASM guides, I can rule the world with my mediocre modding skills!
MUAHAHAHA!

Sep 30, 2014 at 8:33 AM
Modding Community Discord Moderator
CSE Discord Moderator
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Is there any way to modify the Damage, Health Etc. values of bosses that are not listed in CE's NPC Table (Such as The Sisters or Ironhead)?

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:01 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Brayconn said:
Is there any way to modify the Damage, Health Etc. values of bosses that are not listed in CE's NPC Table (Such as The Sisters or Ironhead)?
Through assembly;

yes you can.

Oct 1, 2014 at 3:08 AM
Based Member
Does anybody know the significance of the "pixtone.tbl" file located in the base folder of a Cave Story+ installation?

Oct 1, 2014 at 3:58 AM
Professional Whatever
I assume it'd be the equivalent of npc.tbl but for sounds??

Oct 1, 2014 at 11:12 AM
Based Member
If that's the case, then what's wave.dat for?