SUB DWORD [49E670], some.value
LEAVE
RETN

Am I right?
Ah okay
I'll go do that now

Aug 20, 2014 at 7:07 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Another question, this one on an NPC that is unfamiliar to me (geez, I've been asking a lot this week..).
Anyways, who is this and how do I add him in as an npc?
Who.png

Aug 20, 2014 at 7:17 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
Zenix said:
Another question, this one on an NPC that is unfamiliar to me (geez, I've been asking a lot this week..).
I think that's just an easter egg, perhaps of pixel or something.
Like the frog and winged puppy and notamidget misery, etc.
Zenix said:
I think that's just an easter egg, perhaps of pixel or something.
Like the frog and winged puppy and notamidget misery, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 20, 2014 at 7:26 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
it's from the credits, it's BA2
it's not a game object you can use

Aug 20, 2014 at 7:33 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Ah..
Okay.

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:12 PM
LSD
"..."
Obviously if you really wanted to use the sprite you could change another npc of the same size (ie Momorin, Kazuma)'s sprite to the sprite of the easter egg character sprite.

Aug 23, 2014 at 3:01 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Hello.
I am looking for some help with ASM hacking. I want to make missile drop rates 0%, so it would be impossible for them to drop. I also would like to change the cursor on the main menu from Quote to an arrow without changing Quote's in game sprite. I was thinking about having the Hell time change the cursor to King and change his sprite, but the timer would show up in the top left of the main menu.
If someone could tell me the location of the missile drop rate and title screen cursor on ASM and what they should be to get my desired effect, that would be amazing. :)
EDIT: It would also help if I knew how to set enemies to the top "layer," so they wouldn't walk behind entity 18 (door). It isn't necessary but it would help.

Aug 23, 2014 at 2:43 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Here's the thing...

In NpcGuest I found some strange NPCs, like some man, some bunny with helmet, some bunny with red button in front of him...

I want to ask, how can I put these in my mod?

I didn't see anything that related in CE NPC picker, and I'm too lazy to look over 555 pages of this topic.

Can anybody tell me an answer?

Aug 23, 2014 at 3:21 PM
"..."
KockaAdmiralac said:
Here's the thing...

In NpcGuest I found some strange NPCs, like some man, some bunny with helmet, some bunny with red button in front of him...

I want to ask, how can I put these in my mod?

I didn't see anything that related in CE NPC picker, and I'm too lazy to look over 555 pages of this topic.

Can anybody tell me an answer?
by 555 pages you mean this exact page where this exact question was answered.
No, without making a new NPC or replacing the sprites of an existing one, you can't put them in your mod.

Aug 26, 2014 at 6:24 AM
Is it possible to make a boss (Frenzied Toroko for example) so that once it is defeated, you can talk to it using flag 2000 while having flags 4000 and 200 active?
I don't think it's possible without serious, in-depth hacking, but I could be wrong.
I also want to know what makes Frenzied Toroko not do damage to the player when you touch him during his transformation sequence.

Aug 26, 2014 at 7:19 AM
"..."
Piggy Guy said:
Is it possible to make a boss (Frenzied Toroko for example) so that once it is defeated, you can talk to it using flag 2000 while having flags 4000 and 200 active?
I don't think it's possible without serious, in-depth hacking, but I could be wrong.
I also want to know what makes Frenzied Toroko not do damage to the player when you touch him during his transformation sequence.
Firstly, *her, secondly it's possible but it'll require either cut-around or asm.

For example, you could teleport it to one place where there's a talkable entity that hasn't appeared yet, but if you want that to look good you'd need to ASM program a teleport animation. But anyway, once there you'd just delete the toroko boss and use a cnp or something to make the blank entity a thing.

Also if you really want no talking, I guess put blank entity a tile above where you want it and just mnp it a tile down when toroko gets ded.

Aug 26, 2014 at 6:20 PM
Thanks for the help.
Though I always thought Toroko was a boy... :I

Aug 27, 2014 at 7:13 PM
"..."
Piggy Guy said:
Thanks for the help.
Though I always thought Toroko was a boy... :I
are you danny or arin?
or ross?

Aug 29, 2014 at 3:47 AM
Well the 3 O's in the name makes it sound masculine, and since Sue was already a girl, I thought there would be a male child Mimiga as well. >_>
Anyways, I have another problem.
I want to make a text box say how many deaths were had in a 3 section area, each divided by <TRA.
I was thinking about using flags, but I have no idea how those work, so that didn't help.
On another topic: I also wanted to have an item, where if you use it, activates something out of the menu. Again, I think that would require flags, but I don't know how to use them.
Well the 3 O's in the name makes it sound masculine, and since Sue was already a girl, I thought there would be a male child Mimiga as well. >_>
Anyways, I have another problem.
I want to make a text box say how many deaths were had in a 3 section area, each divided by <TRA.
I was thinking about using flags, but I have no idea how those work, so that didn't help.
On another topic: I also wanted to have an item, where if you use it, activates something out of the menu. Again, I think that would require flags, but I don't know how to use them.

Aug 29, 2014 at 1:45 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I highly suggest you spend some time getting familiar with flags, as it is a crucial tool for making interesting mods.
But yes, You can create a counter with skipflags that will keep track of how many times you have died in a single play session (and if you want it to permanently save then you could transfer it to a regular-flag database) but the catch is that it is limited to a set maximum, so if you use 50 flags then it will stop recording deaths after 50 is reached.

That's a vague statement, would you mind elaborating on what you want the item to do?

Aug 31, 2014 at 5:19 AM
That's a vague statement, would you mind elaborating on what you want the item to do?
I use an item in my inventory, it activates a <YNJ. Choosing yes activates something when standing on a certain tile.

For example: using the item next to a wall will move a tile next to it so you can climb it, but using it farther than 1 block away won't do anything.

I'm sure that flags and horizontal/vertical triggers will be involved, I just don't know how.

Sep 4, 2014 at 4:21 AM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
So, I was checking all the relevant terms in the search box for this particular topic since I moved my data to a new .EXE, but it seems I can't find it or the info was somewhere else that is now lost.

My question is, how do you make it so that the delay between Character Portraits/<FAC#'s is pretty much reduced to Zero?

Not sure on the details, but I think it had to do with using OllyDebug and some code...