Sep 17, 2010 at 12:53 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Are you kidding me?!

Okay, so I am using some custom tile sets in cave editor, and it wont save any levels with those tile sets. Of coarse I switch to sue's workshop, "it finds a problem with my cave story, makes it unusable, and I have to copy the map files" but now it does the same thing... I can't edit my maps on either program because they refuse to work like they should. Anyone have a sugestion for me?

p.s. "I worked too hard on those tilesets to start over."

Thanks for any help.

Sep 17, 2010 at 12:59 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Re: Are you kidding me?!

HyMyNameIsMatt said:
Okay, so I am using some custom tile sets in cave editor, and it wont save any levels with those tile sets. Of coarse I switch to sue's workshop, "it finds a problem with my cave story, makes it unusable, and I have to copy the map files" but now it does the same thing... I can't edit my maps on either program because they refuse to work like they should. Anyone have a sugestion for me?

p.s. "I worked too hard on those tilesets to start over."

Thanks for any help.

I've got no other suggestions than this: Sue's Workshop and Cave Editor are incompatible.

So just choose one and stick to that. You may want to start fresh and salvage your maps if you can. If you use CE, make sure your game folder isn't read-only.

Sep 17, 2010 at 1:18 AM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
You should be able to save your maps, since using SW and CE together will corrupt the *.exe file, but not any of the other files. If you copy a fresh, unmodified Doukutsu.exe into your mod folder, you should be fine. The only thing is if you used different filenames than the defaults for your custom maps, you will need to rename them back to the defaults (or you could open the fresh Doukutsu.exe with your preferred editor and change the file names to your custom file names).

Sep 17, 2010 at 1:36 AM
I don't anymore.
Wedge of Cheese said:
You should be able to save your maps, since using SW and CE together will corrupt the *.exe file, but not any of the other files. If you copy a fresh, unmodified Doukutsu.exe into your mod folder, you should be fine. The only thing is if you used different filenames than the defaults for your custom maps, you will need to rename them back to the defaults (or you could open the fresh Doukutsu.exe with your preferred editor and change the file names to your custom file names).

Thanks for your help... and the million other questions that you guys answer for me, although I am curious as to how the haced version of Sue's Workshop would do on this job. Maybe I should just work on my other project first.

Sep 17, 2010 at 11:05 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Help with two things

I need help with two things with hacking.
1. When I got into Caveditor and try to edit someone sprite like Curly's and I go to click save. It says error saving picture. I exit out of the editor and try again but it still doesn't work. Also how do I edit someone's face picture?

Sep 17, 2010 at 11:16 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
1) You probably have the files set to read-only. right-click the whole folder and unselect "read only" for all.
2) It's face.pbm, you can use CE's PBM editor (still not a very good program) or remove the (C)Pixel requirement and convert them all to bitmaps which are easy to open with Paint. This document should be able to answer this and any more questions you may eventually have
http://www.mediafire.com/?95cpysqd9x02709

Sep 19, 2010 at 2:11 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
First, Sorry for my poor English T^T I'm the stranger here.

I selected the humanized sue [maybe... in the undead core] for the boss in my mod.
I used <BSL script and played, but Before Boss guage went zero, Sue Knocked Down. So I can't attack her and even I can't procede anymore!

Why does this matter happen and What do I have to?:p

Sep 19, 2010 at 2:22 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Is it possible to have more than 30 facepics without getting up to the neck in assembley?

Sep 19, 2010 at 2:46 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
@ Alpin: You mean Enraged Sue, right? Well, that's because her entity is one of those that doesn't have a normal HP, but rather a HP buffer that triggers an animation when it gets below a certain point. There is no answer but Assembly hacking.

@ Brian: you, on the other hand, require no assembly hacks whatsoever. Just make the bitmap larger vertically, it'll handle itself.

Sep 19, 2010 at 11:31 PM
I don't anymore.
What is the number for the booster 0.8 and 2.0 in assembly?
I wanted to do something to create a double jump and an infinant booster, but I don't understand how you find the number of an item based on what it is in TSC, "I really did try". As for what i want to do it for, I'll just browse through some other moded versions of them to see what I should do.

Sep 20, 2010 at 12:08 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Errr...

It's not so much a number as a location, but it's in the vicinity of 415D2C (A part of the player movement function).
Booster mods are kind of advanced for a beginner, just a forewarning.

Sep 20, 2010 at 12:28 AM
I don't anymore.
Noxid said:
Errr...

It's not so much a number as a location, but it's in the vicinity of 415D2C (A part of the player movement function).
Booster mods are kind of advanced for a beginner, just a forewarning.

I think I can figure it out, I understand some assembly, but I couldn't for the life of me understand how things in it are organized. Besides, a really good mod should have well built levels and some of the features of game play should be different or original.

p.s.
I KNEW you would be the one to answer that question.

Sep 20, 2010 at 5:11 AM
I don't anymore.
I'm asking too many questions to not be pathetic.

Okay, weird issue.
I used the resource hacker to change a song, and when I played the game it worked, but only for the first few times, then it switched back to the original song. I tried that about three more times, and i kept on getting the same result.
The org that I changed was WANPAKU, and I did use the correct drum notes when making the song, "I'm not sure if that is relevant, but I wrote it down anyway".

Sep 20, 2010 at 3:26 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
O_o

That's really weird...

Maybe upload a copy of your mod so we can investigate?

Sep 20, 2010 at 7:07 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Indeed, I've never heard of such an issue before.

Sep 21, 2010 at 1:03 AM
I don't anymore.
Yes, there have been a couple of times in writing TSC and inserting ORGs that the game would just disobey me.

Sep 21, 2010 at 6:43 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I've had a few problems like that, too. I haven't tried too hard to fix them, though. I just started working on something else.

Sep 22, 2010 at 12:28 AM
I don't anymore.
brianbdm said:
I've had a few problems like that, too. I haven't tried too hard to fix them, though. I just started working on something else.

Great minds think alike, but I decided that it would suck to have all this hard work done, and still have a major flaw.

Sep 22, 2010 at 1:10 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
If we had a more specific example and description of what's not working, possibly with you uploading the mod with the problem in question, we might be able to help better.

Sep 25, 2010 at 6:35 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Does anyone know what the sound effect for Ironhead firing the red things is?

I have all the sound effects, but they just have SE followed by a bunch of numbers as the name. I can't figure out which one each sound effect is.