Jul 19, 2010 at 3:34 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I've heard about CE having racial issues with the backgrounds.

Have you tried using SW?

Jul 19, 2010 at 3:38 PM
"Huzzah!"
Um wont that completely destroy my entire mod?

bkcast.pbm is
352x176
Located in the data folder, associated with "Tewis castle" level data and in turn, a modified "Maze" tileset.

Jul 19, 2010 at 4:23 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Just so you guys know, backgrounds can only be up to 320x240 pixels in size. Otherwise Cavestory won't display it, no matter what you do. Unless you're using a double resolution hack (Noxid's hack), but that just doubles the limits.

So Miles, your background is too big.

Jul 19, 2010 at 4:24 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Yes don't use SW.
Anyway the problem CE has is that if you make a *new* map with CE then the background won't work; copy an existing map and change it. Also shouldn't your BG be at most 320 wide and 240 tall, since that's the screen display size?
EDIT: Oh Gir, you are too quick for me.

Jul 19, 2010 at 4:49 PM
"Huzzah!"
Well actually what i did is i made the PBMs in paint. And its now 320x176. I saved a copy as bkBlack.pbm and directed the editor to that, saved teh changes. For some reason it still wont display it.

Edit: Ohwait, sorry imisread. You mean to say that if i wish to use a custom background it needs to be pointed towards an original map? But i've already made the throne room, its tileset and so on :confused:

Jul 19, 2010 at 5:16 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Right.
You have to use an original map, or COPY an original map, that works too. The NEW MAP button is broken. You'll have to redo it, or if you think you're up for it then you can try renaming some of the .pxe, .pxm etc files that you used to salvage them.

Jul 19, 2010 at 5:31 PM
"Huzzah!"
For the record, at the begining of the production i deleted all of the original maps.

At this time i deleted all of the files in "stage" that said "start" And renamed all of my castle files to "start" and changed the name and caption fo the map to start. The BG is a copy of BkBlack with my background in it...And still nothing. BkBlack shwos exactly that, black.

Will i need to find a way of restoring one or two of the original maps and remaking my throne room with my modified tileset? Or is there still a way out for the current configuration?

Jul 19, 2010 at 5:33 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Neither of my questions were answered.
How do I edit Doukutsu.exe's Icon?
How do I change whaat FlagID is referred to in flags 4000 and 800 on the edit entity panel on a map.

Oh, and:
ce_glitches_by_robloxadark.png
Is what I was seeing. I managed to fix this by reinstalling CE.

EDIT: Damnit! CURSE MY NEED FOR SLEEP!

Jul 19, 2010 at 5:35 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Ehh...
If you deleted all the original maps, I'm not sure how you could get around it. The problem is an error within the map data. I'd say just get a fresh copy of Doukutsu.exe and don't delete any maps this time. If you did that renaming properly then there's a chance that your map might even still show up in map 13 (Start Point)

edit:
How do I edit Doukutsu.exe's Icon?
How do I change whaat FlagID is referred to in flags 4000 and 800 on the edit entity panel on a map.
1) If resourceHacker isn't working for you, I dunno what to say :/
2) The flag ID is always the flagID of the entity that it is assigned to.

Jul 19, 2010 at 5:40 PM
"Huzzah!"
So hopefully theres a way to import those original maps back into my folder?

Jul 19, 2010 at 5:43 PM
After reading through the pagesI mised, I can conclude that I am one lucky bastard. I deleted MOST of the original maps, except for some that I just edited, but said edits involved deleting all entities and wiping the script and setting all tiles to tile 0.

Jul 19, 2010 at 5:47 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Miles_Valentine said:
So hopefully theres a way to import those original maps back into my folder?

The problem is that they are not even in the folder; the bad data is in the .exe itself (map data) so the only way to fix it would be MAYBE with a hex editor. My Map Data Mover might work but I didn't make a PC>PC option, just PC>MAC and MAC>PC.

Jul 19, 2010 at 5:49 PM
Noxid said:
1) If resourceHacker isn't working for you, I dunno what to say :/
2) The flag ID is always the flagID of the entity that it is assigned to.

The problem is, resourceHacker is working perfectly.

Proof:
proof_by_robloxadark.png

Where do I find that FlagID?

EDIT: Woohoo, upgrade...

Jul 19, 2010 at 5:51 PM
"Huzzah!"
Well i'm up for giving it a go. Would it work if i used PC>MAC followed by MAC>PC? I understand that if i cant re obtain those maps, i'll eitherhave to live withotu custom backgrounds, or redo all i've done so far...including the assembly.

Jul 19, 2010 at 5:53 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
p197055-0-entityid.png

Edit:
Well i'm up for giving it a go. Would it work if i used PC>MAC followed by MAC>PC? I understand that if i cant re obtain those maps, i'll eitherhave to live withotu custom backgrounds, or redo all i've done so far...including the assembly.

Well it might. I was pretty lazy when I programmed it so it doesn't actually check if it's a real mac cave story file; just make a blank notepad file called Holder.txt or something idk.

Copy from an original Doukutsu to the .txt and then from your .txt to the edited Doukutsu. Here's the DL link
http://tile44.org/~noxid/MapDataMover.zip

Jul 19, 2010 at 6:06 PM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Noxid said:
it actually didnt take me that long to put two and two together. but why are they different at all? shoulda said the same thing in both.

Jul 19, 2010 at 6:11 PM
Wait a minute. I have the script set flag 3000, adn all these spikes appear, and the trigger dissappear when flag 3000 is set, yet it doesn't hapen until I leave the room, why?

EDIT: I thought I messed up when nothing appeared, because I already had thought the FlagID reffered to the EntityID...

Jul 19, 2010 at 6:12 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
adark said:
Wait a minute. I have the script set flag 3000, adn all these spikes appear, and the trigger dissappear when flag 3000 is set, yet it doesn't hapen until I leave the room, why?

Because that's how the flags work. They don't disappear the entity, but rather stop it from being appeared in the first place. If you want to remove them, use <DNP or <DNA, then set the flag so they won't appear again.

Jul 19, 2010 at 6:17 PM
Okay. So that clears up removing the trigger instantly, but will I have to make every single spike appear using <SNP?

Jul 19, 2010 at 6:19 PM
"Huzzah!"
Well i basically saved a holder.txt, copied Mimiga story in, copied Cave story in...

And then i ran your program.

PC to MAC
(Doukutsu.exe to Holder.txt)

Followed by:

MAC to PC
(Holder.txt to MimigaStory.exe)

When i edited the result on cave editor, it displayed my 5 or 6 maps, but gave errors when i tried to open them. And didnt have any of the original ones.

I'm begining to thinki simply cant use BGs in this hack now. Or worse, i have to start again.