May 11, 2009 at 10:02 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
wedge of cheese said:
The distance covered by H/V triggers depends on how far it can travel without hitting a wall.
Really? O.o;
I didn't know that =D!
That'll help with a lot of my cutscenes.....
wedge of cheese said:
To make a monster invincible you'll need to hack the "npc.tbl" file, perhaps by using something like this.
Speaking of your NPC program-thingie, I don't really understand how it works....
I've been to the thread, and learned that you have to uncheck that read-only part, and so it runs, but it seems to be stuck editing whatever CE was stuck on....{Whatever it is, it's got 1000 life...}
I guess it's because I don't really understand how to use it, T.T
wedge of cheese said:
To get the Red Demon to work, you probably need to use an <ANP. Look at the TSC code in Cave Story that is triggered when you enter battle with the Red Demon and imitate it in your own TSC code.
There's an animation required for Curly's Boss script {0010, I think} before it does anything, if that helps....

Last edited by a moderator:
May 12, 2009 at 12:07 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I tried butchering the script from the original CS, which is my resort for anything that doesn't work like it's meant to >.< But the only one that's there made it animate itself to death X_X

Will one H/V trigger stop another? So you can have part of a 'gap' do one event and the other part do another?

Edit: Will look at that program soon :3

May 12, 2009 at 12:10 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Zephryl said:
I tried butchering the script from the original CS, which is my resort for anything that doesn't work like it's meant to >.< But the only one that's there made it animate itself to death X_X

Will one H/V trigger stop another? So you can have part of a 'gap' do one event and the other part do another?

Edit: Will look at that program soon :3
Maybe we should ask DB, he used Red Demon...
...or we could butcher his mod's script, instead >=D

*Prefers the latter*

May 12, 2009 at 12:18 AM
Lol I don't even know who that is xD I have very little knowledge of the people on this forum xD

May 12, 2009 at 12:19 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Not very social?

Zephryl said:
Lol I don't even know who that is xD I have very little knowledge of the people on this forum xD
He's pretty weird, likes to post in red, talks of dreams a lot...
Etc.
But he's not on right now, so I'll go dissect his mod =D

May 12, 2009 at 12:22 AM
o.o I see~ Well if you find anything useful let me know~

May 12, 2009 at 12:26 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Oh, look, found it:
<KEY<DNP0105<MS2
Something isn't right...<FL+3414<NOD<CLO<MYD0000<WAI0020<MYD0002<MS2
Uhm...<NOD<CLO<SNP0004:0012:0008:0000<CNP0106:0276:0000<BSL0106<ANP0106:0010:0004<CMU0004<END

Entity 0106 is the Red Demon, and look! It uses animation 0010 to fight, just like Curly!!
^.^

Thing of interest found:
<MSG<TUR- Haxxors Blade of Haxxoring -
You hacked the game.
Epic failure. No swords in this future.<WAI9999<END

What? No blade?
Evil.

{Will edit for further finds >=D}
On second thought, nah.
It's DB's mod XD

May 12, 2009 at 12:36 AM
Excellent! That works perfectly <3 Red Demon is now his usual arm throwing, psychotic self :p

Now... to find the ball lightning entity lol.

May 12, 2009 at 12:38 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Zephryl said:
Excellent! That works perfectly <3 Red Demon is now his usual arm throwing, psychotic self :p

Now... to find the ball lightning entity lol.
Erm, didn't you grab the NPC.txt?
You should be able to use "Find" to search for Ball Lightning...
And if you don't have the NPC.txt, or TSC.txt and ANP.txt, I suggesting using the search button {Because I've forgotten where I found them...} to get them, as they're very helpful!

May 12, 2009 at 12:41 AM
Oh! I didn't realize there was an NPC one. That would've been really helpful xD! I'll go find it now ^^

Edit: Okay I don't really understand the npc.txt, since all it -seems- to be for is Hex Codes...

And I can't figure out the NPC hacking program either >.< The sprite I wanna use isn't on any of the clickable ones down the bottom... and I don't know what the 'local spritesheets' refer to. Unless it means I have to have Cave Story or Sue's Workshop open?

May 12, 2009 at 1:30 AM
Been here way too long...
I agree.
(which means yes - you just put it in the folder of the cs game you're editing)

May 12, 2009 at 1:38 AM
Been here way too long...
O.o
that's the quickie guide for editing.
anyways, I was posting off of jake, npc.tbl is what you put for pure awesome.

May 12, 2009 at 1:41 AM
O.o Fair enough. Any of you know how to use the Npc.tbl hacking program thingie?

I'm trying to make an enemy invincible but have no idea if what I'm putting in is right lol.

May 12, 2009 at 1:46 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Zephryl said:
O.o Fair enough. Any of you know how to use the Npc.tbl hacking program thingie?

I'm trying to make an enemy invincible but have no idea if what I'm putting in is right lol.
Iono, was waiting for Cheese to say something, because I don't know how to use it either XD
JacobX891 said:
Doesn't NPC.txt combine with SW to form awesomeness?
Can you use "Find" on the NPC.txt when Sue's using it? =P
And both CE and SW use NPC.txts for their entities...
I once got them mixed up and they bit me >.<"

May 12, 2009 at 1:51 AM
I have no idea what you mean by using 'Find' xD

But I can edit stuff on the spritesheets that it lets you select, not sure how editing stuff that's on other ones works though. So yeah... Gonna wait for input on how that works first before stuffing around.

May 12, 2009 at 1:57 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Find...

Zephryl said:
I have no idea what you mean by using 'Find' xD

But I can edit stuff on the spritesheets that it lets you select, not sure how editing stuff that's on other ones works though. So yeah... Gonna wait for input on how that works first before stuffing around.
You're using Windows, right?
Just hit Ctrl+F {In the .txt document} and it should pop up the "Find" window, where you can just type in the name, or even part of the name, of something and it'll search the whole document for you.
Very helpful for things like finding Lightning, or the Fireplace, or the bucket, etc.

May 12, 2009 at 2:01 AM
But I don't know what document to do that on :S The only npc.txt I can find is that quick guide to editing and the npc.tdl thing doesn't appreciate being opened in notepad xD

Edit:
Pretty much figured out the program. If you put the sprite number in it should do most stuff automatically. 'Local Spritesheet' seems to be the rooms tileset where as A and B refer to the two NPC spritesheet slots ^^

Edit Edit:
Of course Red Demon doesn't like to be edited either... I've managed to make his corpse invincible... yeah...

I appear to have... Broken the Red Demon... if he jumps on you you can get hit up to 4 times for 10 damage each time... Even though you're flashing invunerable xD

May 12, 2009 at 8:15 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
It appears I have been forgotten, or nobody can find a solution to my problem. =<

Cave Editor was like how it is now when I first got it, but it worked eventually. I have no idea what I did to make that happen, though.

May 12, 2009 at 10:48 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Giga said:
It appears I have been forgotten, or nobody can find a soluiton to my problem. =<
Psh, don't be so melodramatic.
It's only been a few days, and a lot of users don't log on more then once a week or so...
{PS, you misspelled solution, :D}
Giga said:
Cave Editor was like how it is now when I first got it, but it worked eventually. I have no idea what I did to make that happen, though.
I don't even know if anyone's had the same problem as you, actually. XD
There's only one major problem with CE, that I can think of, that hasn't been resolved yet...
Everything else has a work-around or is easily avoided..

Yours is a new one {to me, anyways =D}.....but it could just be your computer...