Jan 28, 2016 at 12:04 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The <KEY command keeps the player still while the event is taking place so that you can't jump around or shoot bullets while a message box or cutscene is going on. If you use the <KEY command, then other things will be able to happen as you are going through your event or text box.

The <PRI command stops the player from moving and freezes everything happening in the game except for message boxes. This can be useful if you have a treasure chest in a room and have other enemies present, so if you have a <PRI command, it freezes and stops enemies in the room from being able to hurt you while the message box for the chest is going.

Hope this helps.

Jan 28, 2016 at 5:17 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Are local variables... variables retained after a CALL function?

I would assume so but I've never actually had to work with them before (shocking, I know) and my code is acting buggy...

Code:
mov edx, 3
mov eax, 4
mov localvar1 eax
mov localvar2 edx

:function
push localvar1
push localvar2
call somerandomfunction
add esp 8

jmp :function

Something like this but more complicated

Jan 28, 2016 at 5:18 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
yes, assuming you've properly maintained the stack.

Jan 29, 2016 at 12:48 AM
"Huzzah!"
Is there any way to change the hit and display reacts on the pc? Preferably through the assembler cause I can't use olly.

Do the pc framerects work the same as npc's? I mean in terms of coding it.

Jan 30, 2016 at 2:42 AM
"Huzzah!"
Is there any way to change the hit and display reacts on the pc? Preferably through the assembler cause I can't use olly.

Do the pc framerects work the same as npc's? I mean in terms of coding it.

Doesn't npc.tbl control both of these? use BL's npc.tbl editor.
if it doesn't, there is probably an offset for the pc in the asm compendium - edit the framerects which are by the start offset

Jan 30, 2016 at 2:44 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
he's talking about for the player character. I don't remember if there's a Hackinator patch for that or not but I feel like there should be.

Jan 30, 2016 at 9:28 AM
"Huzzah!"
Doesn't npc.tbl control both of these? use BL's npc.tbl editor.
if it doesn't, there is probably an offset for the pc in the asm compendium - edit the framerects which are by the start offset

Ok, so I found the offsets in the compendium, but again, I can't use ollydbg(my laptop sucks), so does anyone know how I do it through the assembler?

Jan 30, 2016 at 4:04 PM
"Huzzah!"
Ok, so I found the offsets in the compendium, but again, I can't use ollydbg(my laptop sucks), so does anyone know how I do it through the assembler?
AFAIK the assembler doesn't give you a disassembly dump so you have no way of knowing the addresses that control the pc's rects, so I'm pretty sure you'll need ollydbg. Are you using the right version? (32 vs 64-bit depending on what architecture your laptop has - this has caused issues for some people)

Jan 31, 2016 at 11:52 PM
"Huzzah!"
Well, i'm going to restate my question since no one ever answered it...

How do you change how the pc dies?

Oh, and if someone could help me with the issue above that would be greatly appreciated too.

Feb 1, 2016 at 12:54 AM
"Huzzah!"
I use ollydbg ver2.0.1 32-bit

I actually made a thread on what my issue was here but no one ever actually helped me out with it.
Well do you have a 32 or 64-bit OS? Google how to find out if you don't know.
Download the 64-bit version of ollydbg if you have 64-bit windows. And if that doesn't work, try this out - haven't used it and of course there are no guides around here that show it but it seems to do what olly does

Feb 2, 2016 at 10:33 AM
"Huzzah!"
Well do you have a 32 or 64-bit OS? Google how to find out if you don't know.
Download the 64-bit version of ollydbg if you have 64-bit windows. And if that doesn't work, try this out - haven't used it and of course there are no guides around here that show it but it seems to do what olly does

Turns out I got a 64-bit...

Anyways I was wondering, how come certain Npc's(mostly main characters, like Sue) are not affected by the Npc set?(They display the same thing no matter what set you choose) Is there a way to make them affected/not affected by the Npc set?

Feb 2, 2016 at 10:51 AM
"Huzzah!"
I know from experience you can't make King shoot able.
I'm not sure why that is, are you talking about the Npc.tbl?

Yo, custom boss fight fighting King?

I'm talking about the display. You know how like, when you change the Npc set in the Mapdata, it makes all of the entities look weird? That's because the display rects stay the same, but now your telling the game to read a different spritesheet, and the layout isn't the same.

I'm asking why Npc's like King and Sue don't change to the current selected Npc sets.
you know, like:
Npc0
NpcGuest
NpcCurly

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2016 at 5:09 PM
War criminal
Anyways I was wondering, how come certain Npc's(mostly main characters, like Sue) are not affected by the Npc set?(They display the same thing no matter what set you choose) Is there a way to make them affected/not affected by the Npc set?
Some NPCs are set to a specific spritesheet, such as NpcGuest and NpcRegu. They can also be set to a specific spritesheet in the Data folder instead of the Npc folder (for example, the Quote NPCs are set to MyChar). There are also some NPCs set to the tileset being used in the room (like the Lift Block and Large Shutter from the Core room).