Nov 2, 2014 at 10:55 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Bionicobot said:
Can anyone tell if there is a way to make enemies have negative health, so that they wouldn't die, but will die when a gun that adds health to the entity it fires at it, making its health go to zero? Just a thought after I saw that guns could add health, and wanted to implement it in my mod.

This is quite literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard

Nov 3, 2014 at 2:22 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Bionicobot said:
Can anyone tell if there is a way to make enemies have negative health, so that they wouldn't die, but will die when a gun that adds health to the entity it fires at it, making its health go to zero? Just a thought after I saw that guns could add health, and wanted to implement it in my mod.
By your logic, if I was hit by a nuke it wouldn't kill me, it would just give me a really high negative health.

I would then have to apply a bunch of medical procedures to get my health back to zero.

THEN I would die.

Nov 3, 2014 at 7:58 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
No, I think he means it in a kinda way so it absorbs damage and has to be healed to be killed.
It's quite a good idea, despite the little uses it would have.

It'd also have to be immune to losing health as to prevent too high a negative health value.

Nov 3, 2014 at 11:57 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I don't dislike the idea of having to switch guns and strategies to accommodate for two types of enemies. It will probably only work if you keep using the "heal to hurt" enemies throughout the game though.

Nov 3, 2014 at 2:18 PM
scrungy
I don't see any problem with using regular enemies.
I think you may have gotten a little confused while looking at this.

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:44 PM
Off-screen redemption arc
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"

Hello. Some of you may remember me asking some really dumb questions a few millennia ago, then disappearing. Well, I'm back to ask dumb questions again, the first being 'Why has the starting dialogue in my mod suddenly broken'. Here's the only script in the map:
#0200<FMU<KEY<MSGYou wake up on a cold, hard, unfamiliar surface...<NOD<CLRThis is not the bed you went to sleep on...<NOD<CLR...<NOD<CMU0008<FAI0004<MNA<END
It's the first level, although I have already checked to make sure that the game runs event 200 upon starting. This used to work fine until I tried to fix a problem I was having with doors, when this suddenly broke. Now, the player can still move around before the FAI, and although I can hear scrolling text (which I press z or x to advance until the message boxes end, upon which the script runs properly), the message box cannot be seen. I removed the door entity and all script other than event 0200 and it still doesn't work.

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:49 PM
hi hi
What if you place the script under the event number? Like this:
<FMU<KEY<MSGYou wake up on a cold, hard, unfamiliar surface...<NOD<CLRThis is not the bed you went to sleep on...<NOD<CLR...<NOD<CMU0008<FAI0004<MNA<END

Nov 4, 2014 at 6:31 PM
...Well, I have lived up to the expectation of asking dumb questions. Thanks for the help, that fixed it.

I've encountered another problem; this time, with save points. Saving and loading files works all well and good, but when you die, you return to the start of the game, not the last save point you were at. If you need it, here's my save point script:

<PRI<MSGWould you like to save your game?<YNJ0303<CLRGame saved.

<SVP<FL+0431<NOD<END

And if you're wondering, Event 0303 is just <END.

Nov 4, 2014 at 6:37 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Event 16 is Save. Just give your save point event number 16 and it shouldn't even need to use TSC.

Nov 4, 2014 at 7:08 PM
Alright, thanks.

Nov 4, 2014 at 7:43 PM
Professional Whatever
<YNJ0000 is an easier way to achieve the same effect you were trying to do with <YNJ0303. 0000 will just make it quit all events.

Nov 4, 2014 at 7:45 PM
Cool, thanks for the tip.

Nov 4, 2014 at 9:11 PM
scrungy
You should set the flag BEFORE saving the game or else people will need to have saved at least twice for it to work properly

Nov 4, 2014 at 9:24 PM
Well the entire event has been scrapped but thanks anyway.

Nov 4, 2014 at 10:04 PM
scrungy
ThatPortalGuy said:
Well the entire event has been scrapped but thanks anyway.

Ah, alright. Hope this info proves useful somewhere down the road

Nov 5, 2014 at 4:50 PM
Sure. I could easily create a hellish permadeath mod where you could save your game, but only for the purposes of returning to the game later. Then again, you could just quit and reload anytime you die... Eh, knowledge is power.
Does anyone know how to properly animate Ballos? You see, I need him to open his eyes and stuff... and I don't know how. I looked at the Seal Chamber, but that didn't help much. Can anyone help me out?

Nov 5, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
Does anyone know how to properly animate Ballos? You see, I need him to open his eyes and stuff... and I don't know how. I looked at the Seal Chamber, but that didn't help much. Can anyone help me out?

The actual Ballos entity only has two or so proper ANP script states: Opening his eyes before attacking, and screaming in defeat before flying into the air.

Those are the commands starting with "<ANP0900".

The giant ball is a map boss, which is a different story: You have to set it as the "Map Boss" in the map data/settings to load it.

The commands for that are the ones starting with "<BOA".

If you are looking for a way to ONLY open his eyes (But not attack afterwards), you're gonna have to get creative.

Nov 5, 2014 at 10:59 PM
Well, that shouldn't be too difficult. After all, I'm using him in the [Kings] map, so if I just cut it off before he starts flying around at nothing like the senile old man that he is attacking, I should be fine.

Nov 13, 2014 at 1:13 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Question: How would I direct a custom command to use an unused command?

Specifically, how could I direct the <MIM command to use the <CAT command?

Nov 13, 2014 at 2:21 AM
Professional Whatever
You could JMP SHORT to the code at <CAT, but it has to be at the end of the <MIM code and has to link to the part of the <CAT code after the command character checks at the beginning (because you're not actually checking a new command)