Apr 16, 2014 at 2:58 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
This is probably a stupid question, but can I make the background not tile (like the Balcony's background), while not scrolling (in the way the Balcony's background does)?

Apr 16, 2014 at 6:31 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
NoNameForEvil said:
This is probably a stupid question, but can I make the background not tile (like the Balcony's background), while not scrolling (in the way the Balcony's background does)?
If you're talking no assembly, then I'm afraid it is not possible. A potential workaround might be to to determine the part of the image that scrolls when you have the scroll setting set, and make sure that each pixel in that area shares the same color with all the other pixels in its row. That way you don't see any motion. This probably isn't ideal though, as it would limit the amount you can customize the background.

Apr 16, 2014 at 7:57 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
HaydenStudios said:
If you're talking no assembly, then I'm afraid it is not possible. A potential workaround might be to to determine the part of the image that scrolls when you have the scroll setting set, and make sure that each pixel in that area shares the same color with all the other pixels in its row. That way you don't see any motion. This probably isn't ideal though, as it would limit the amount you can customize the background.
EDIT: I'm a big dummy, I didn't realise that the Scroll Type menu in Booster's Lab had a scrollbar. I set it to 0 - Fixed, and everything's fine.

Apr 16, 2014 at 11:42 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
HaydenStudios said:
NoNameForEvil said:
EDIT: I'm a big dummy, I didn't realise that the Scroll Type menu in Booster's Lab had a scrollbar. I set it to 0 - Fixed, and everything's fine.
Wow Hayden, I'd expect you to have at least some decent knowledge in the subject.

*I'm joking*

Apr 17, 2014 at 12:48 AM
Based Member
I could have sworn that before answering that question I refreshed my memory by trying all of the scroll types, including "0 - Fixed" which I thought caused it to tile, but apparently not. Just now tried it and it does what you want. Sorry for the misinformation. Looks like you got it though.

Apr 18, 2014 at 11:42 AM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Hi, I'm currently working on a mod and I have a question, How do I edit enemy hp stats? Also, is there a way to add multiple save states to my mod?

Apr 18, 2014 at 1:10 PM
hi hi
1) You edit enemy stats through any npc.tbl editor. Cave Editor has one. I think Booster's Lab too...
2) In Noxid's open source hacks there is a triple save title screen hack. Check it out.

Apr 18, 2014 at 1:11 PM
Edit: Ninja'd, see bold part for relevant info
Parkraft123 said:
Hi, I'm currently working on a mod and I have a question, How do I edit enemy hp stats? Also, is there a way to add multiple save states to my mod?
Yes and most likely yes.

To edit HP stats you have to edit NPC.tbl, which can be done in either Cave Editor or in Booster's Lab (It's a button in both that displays a window about hit boxes and entity flags).

And if you are referring to having multiple Save Profiles, then I believe that there's an ASM patch somewhere here for that (which is probably much easier for you then setting up a file system in pure TSC anyways).

Though the main thing I feel wrong about having multiple save files is that... It doesn't really need it in most cases, cause we're only going to use one save most likely when playing mods.

Apr 18, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Perpetually out of it
p201389-0-translation.png

Working on a translation for Jon's mod, for uploading it to the Doukutsu Uploader at some point later.
I'm positive I'm doing something wrong or it's just my general ignorance in the field of modding in this case, but I keep getting syntax errors when translating lines into Japanese.
Not sure what the problem is, but I have a strong feeling the answer's starting me in the face and I'm just too oblivious to see it.

Apr 18, 2014 at 11:56 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Nadojin said:
p201389-0-translation.png

Working on a translation for Jon's mod, for uploading it to the Doukutsu Uploader at some point later.
I'm positive I'm doing something wrong or it's just my general ignorance in the field of modding in this case, but I keep getting syntax errors when translating lines into Japanese.
Not sure what the problem is, but I have a strong feeling the answer's starting me in the face and I'm just too oblivious to see it.
Japanese characters/encoding breaks the syntax checker. Your syntax is fine, but putting in the japanese scripts means you'll have to do without the automatic syntax checking.

Apr 19, 2014 at 1:28 AM
Perpetually out of it
So it's possible, but it'll keep on displaying as a syntax error?

Apr 19, 2014 at 1:36 AM
Professional Whatever
it's an issue with cave editor, but the parser will treat it as a regular character afaik so you should be fine ingame

Apr 19, 2014 at 2:46 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello. Now this will make me sound like a newb at this (Because I am.), but how do you figure out what an address on the game in a hex-editor is linked to in the game and how do you tell which value does which? I know how to script and how to use Cave Editor but I can't figure out how to hex edit. :confused:

Apr 19, 2014 at 2:51 AM
Potatoman314 said:
Hello. Now this will make me sound like a newb at this (Because I am.), but how do you figure out what an address on the game in a hex-editor is linked to in the game and how do you tell which value does which? I know how to script and how to use Cave Editor but I can't figure out how to hex edit. :confused:
You should check the sticky thread under general modding called "Check here before asking", and look at what it has to say on Assembly.

Hex editing the .exe isn't going to get anywhere.

Apr 21, 2014 at 10:47 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"

Question: I'm working on Ballos' Return, I was testing it, but strangely when I went into the core room it started doing the <QUA command forever? How do you fix it.

Apr 27, 2014 at 6:51 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
ColdCallerloppy said:
Question: I'm working on Ballos' Return, I was testing it, but strangely when I went into the core room it started doing the <QUA command forever? How do you fix it.

Find/remove the the quake npc?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I'm having issues with the npc.tbl editor, is there some sort of general guidelines to prevent the npc from being sucked into the floor and then bouncing back up and then being sucked into the floor and then bouncing back up and then being sucked in to the floor....

I read this, if that helps any.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 27, 2014 at 7:22 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Bombchu Link said:
Find/remove the the quake npc?
I looked for it but couldn't find it anywhere, it would only stop once a cut-scene ended (for example:the before core cut-scene.)

Apr 30, 2014 at 12:54 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
How do I make an NPC create a giant explosion like when you defeat the undead core/ballos?

E: found it!

push 1
push Ypos
push Xpos
call 0040EA70
add esp,0C

I was just calling it every frame. :/

May 1, 2014 at 3:13 AM
Based Member
Sorry if this is an overly fundamental question...

It seems that the hex dump in Ollydbg really likes to mix around the order of certain segments of exes it loads, sometimes (I think) even outright omitting parts of the file. Sometimes there's a segment of data in the EXE that I can see in a hex editor, but is nowhere to be found in Olly's hex dump. Does anyone know a way to make it so that all of the file will show up in the hex dump so that I can figure out what address Ollydbg will be need in order to reference to certain parts of data in the file that otherwise wouldn't show up? Thanks in advance.

May 1, 2014 at 3:19 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
HaydenStudios said:
It seems that the hex dump in Ollydbg really likes to mix around the order of certain segments of exes it loads, sometimes (I think) even outright omitting parts of the file. Sometimes there's a segment of data in the EXE that I can see in a hex editor, but is nowhere to be found in Olly's hex dump. Does anyone know a way to make it so that all of the file will show up in the hex dump so that I can figure out what address Ollydbg will be need in order to reference to certain parts of data in the file that otherwise wouldn't show up? Thanks in advance.
Ollydbg tries to keep you only in the "code" part of the executable (the only part you should be messing around with if you're assembling).

If you use Ctrl+g (the "go to address" command) in the hex editor part of olly then you should be able to access any address that you could in a normal hex editor. You might need to do the thing where you add 0x400000 to the address you're going to though.