Jan 26, 2014 at 5:40 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Bombchu Link said:
hmm...

Do you have any other hacks applied?

Enlightened one:

Can you confirm this is cause by H/V triggers?
I'm just using IFB Hack, and the first vertical trigger I used worked, but any horiz/vert triggers after that won't run scripts. so I gave up on them and decided to spam nothing entities with the set flags for them to run scripts but then they stopped working after the first use

Jan 26, 2014 at 5:55 PM
leader of the meme team feat. tom, snaf and polad
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"

Hi, quick question about <CMP. How does it work? I'm aware that it changes tiles at coordinates X:Y to tile Z, however I'm not sure what defines tile Z. Or to put it this way: How do I know what tile...tile Z is? If I want to make a specific tile appear, what would I enter in the Z slot to select that tile?

The numbers don't seem to correspond to positions in the tileset, atleast to my understanding. I know that 0000 makes tiles dissapear (because it's choosing the empty, first tile), but I'm not sure which numbers correspond to what tiles.

EDIT: SO THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU CLICK "POST" 4 TIMES IN A ROW Edited out a huge string of repeated merged posts.

Jan 26, 2014 at 6:05 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Hi, quick question about <CMP. How does it work? I'm aware that it changes tiles at coordinates X:Y to tile Z, however I'm not sure what defines tile Z. Or to put it this way: How do I know what tile...tile Z is? If I want to make a specific tile appear, what would I enter in the Z slot to select that tile?

The numbers don't seem to correspond to positions in the tileset, atleast to my understanding. I know that 0000 makes tiles dissapear (because it's choosing the empty, first tile), but I'm not sure which numbers correspond to what tiles.

EDIT: SO THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU CLICK "POST" 4 TIMES IN A ROW Edited out a huge string of repeated merged posts.

This is how.

tileexample_zps4bc043ca.png

Jan 26, 2014 at 6:17 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Easiest way to figure out the Z value is count the number of tiles downward first (The first row is 'zero'), multiply that by 16, then add the number of tiles horizontally to it (The first column is also 'zero'). Makes it a lot easier to figure out than counting every tile one at a time.

Jan 26, 2014 at 6:24 PM
leader of the meme team feat. tom, snaf and polad
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
And an unrelated question about the Booster's Lab tool: How do you increase the size of a level? I don't see any functionality for it, yet I'm pretty sure it's possible.

Jan 26, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Been here way too long...
Right click anywhere on the map itself while in the tile editor, and click 'Resize Map'.

Jan 26, 2014 at 6:40 PM
hi hi
ZarroTsu said:
Nah I found the issue,

Was originally a JE. JE instead of JMP works.

EDIT: See http://www.cavestory.org/forums/posts/170746/ for results. Your name's in the credits now.
Ah, I have mistyped it... Sorry, I was in hurry, and I was typing on phone.

Thanks for including me in credits. If you have further questions, ask me (and I will try not to break anything).

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 26, 2014 at 10:40 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
I'm just using IFB Hack, and the first vertical trigger I used worked, but any horiz/vert triggers after that won't run scripts. so I gave up on them and decided to spam nothing entities with the set flags for them to run scripts but then they stopped working after the first use
After the first use.... That helps narrow it down a little bit, but I'm still sceptic on the cause.

Possible explanations:
- You could be trying to run more than one event at a time (triggers disable if an event is currently running).
- If you <DNP or kill an entity, it will set its flag. That means if your H/V or null NPC's have the "Dissappear on flag set" check marked, and they are deleted, then they won't come back because the flag has been set with its deletion.
- It's possible something else is affecting them, and with the little information I'm getting, I can't tell where the problem is (you could always PM me if you need more private assistance).

Still pretty sure that <IBF0000 and <IBF0002 aren't what is making triggers work once.

Jan 26, 2014 at 11:33 PM
Its dark in here
After the first use.... That helps narrow it down a little bit, but I'm still sceptic on the cause.

Possible explanations:
- You could be trying to run more than one event at a time (triggers disable if an event is currently running).
- If you <DNP or kill an entity, it will set its flag. That means if your H/V or null NPC's have the "Dissappear on flag set" check marked, and they are deleted, then they won't come back because the flag has been set with its deletion.
- It's possible something else is affecting them, and with the little information I'm getting, I can't tell where the problem is (you could always PM me if you need more private assistance).

Still pretty sure that <IBF0000 and <IBF0002 aren't what is making triggers work once.
I'm giving you as much info as I can... perhaps I should just give you the file and see what you guys think

Jan 27, 2014 at 12:07 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Goerge Bobicles said:
I'm giving you as much info as I can... perhaps I should just give you the file and see what you guys think
Umm, I didn't find any errors in you code... other then I couldn't access the ending script after defeating all the foes (what am I looking for exactly?)

And delete the manual, It's completely useless and everyone already has it. (same goes for BL minus the useless part)

so Bombchu Link doesn't destroy me.

IBF TSC command by
Bombchu Link
I lol-ed.

Jan 27, 2014 at 6:05 AM
Its dark in here
Umm, I didn't find any errors in you code... other then I couldn't access the ending script after defeating all the foes (what am I looking for exactly?)
I'm not entirely sure what to tell you to look for... If my coding is fine then I'm not sure why the scripts aren't running.

I have <END commands at the end of each script (or an equivilent of <END) I really don't know why the script it self refuses to work.

maybe I should just scrap it and start from scratch...

edit:ok I "think" figured out the problem and I'm sorry for all your trouble BL and EO it may that if you go to fast through a trigger, you can pass through it without it ever triggering.

as for other thing that failed to work... I'm not sure

Jan 27, 2014 at 2:41 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
I'm not entirely sure what to tell you to look for... If my coding is fine then I'm not sure why the scripts aren't running.

I have <END commands at the end of each script (or an equivilent of <END) I really don't know why the script it self refuses to work.

maybe I should just scrap it and start from scratch...

edit:ok I "think" figured out the problem and I'm sorry for all your trouble BL and EO it may that if you go to fast through a trigger, you can pass through it without it ever triggering.

as for other thing that failed to work... I'm not sure

You can... but you would have to be going ridiculously fast. Fast enough to pass through walls.

and if you wanna give me a nickname, cal me bomb, BL is for Boosters Lab. (just to prevent confusion ;))

Jan 27, 2014 at 4:03 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm gonna call you Ink

Jan 27, 2014 at 4:26 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
no

Jan 27, 2014 at 7:45 PM
Its dark in here
Bombchu Link said:
You can... but you would have to be going ridiculously fast. Fast enough to pass through walls.

and if you wanna give me a nickname, cal me bomb, BL is for Boosters Lab. (just to prevent confusion ;))
K Bomb I just use initials because I'm a slow typer

I did some testing with the IFB and the regular Booster and you it turns out that you can pass through solid entities (not actual walls though)

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:08 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
MagicDoors said:
Yes.

Can you store local variables inside TSC commands?

And if so how many?