Plotholes and gaps: What we DON'T know

Feb 6, 2009 at 3:37 AM
Agent of the System
"All your forum are belong to us!"
No way, Booster is like the dude in the karate kid, hes a ninja. He needs no jetpack.

Another question is, how do Mother and Itoh get to the helicopter at the surface of the island, when Quote has to go through that lava place.

The Joker

Feb 6, 2009 at 6:55 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
JacobX891 said:
Nobody made the island, it is the kingdom that Ballos destroyed, ripped from the ground. We've already established this.
No we haven't. There is actually a split opinion on the matter of if it was originally there or if Jenka created it/ripped it from the ground. There hasn't been anything to properly support either idea.

Feb 6, 2009 at 12:59 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
The Joker said:
No way, Booster is like the dude in the karate kid, hes a ninja. He needs no jetpack.
Then why did he make one?

I think Booster is actually not athletic at all, and also probably fairly old.

The Joker said:
Another question is, how do Mother and Itoh get to the helicopter at the surface of the island, when Quote has to go through that lava place.
They probably knew a safer, less obvious route.

JacobX891 said:
Nobody made the island, it is the kingdom that Ballos destroyed, ripped from the ground. We've already established this.
There is no evidence for this.

Feb 6, 2009 at 1:08 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Celtic Minstrel said:
They probably knew a safer, less obvious route.
Which is not funny. For Quote.

Feb 6, 2009 at 5:17 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
JacobX891 said:

We haven't "established" anything other than what Pixel has explicitly told us, nor can we. Pixel has said repeatedly that he deliberately left a lot of things to the players' imagination, which means that there is no "right" answer to unanswered questions, such as who made the island.

Feb 6, 2009 at 5:40 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Although we could establish our own unofficial history even if it is not proven history. Vote on things, challenge things etc. Have an unofficial history lol. After all, history is decided by those who write it...

If we wrote our own history and it became popular for whatever reason, suddenly it becomes accepted [for those who don't know better].

I think Cave Story forums needs to establish a government. How's "Nations from the Earth" sound? We're the ones who sent that invasion team anyways :p We wanted the Demon Crown so we could learn the truth about cave story... Too bad we sent Jacob 'Miakid' to collect it.

*ahem* Anyways, yeah I always believed the Island has part of Ballos' kingdom on it. Kingdoms don't grow on trees, and it says Jenka confined him to this floating island, not 'a', or, 'the' floating island. All those skeletons and 'Hell' having all of those angel guys in it... I can't imagine Jenka finding skeletons just anywhere...

Feb 6, 2009 at 7:40 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
That depends on what you mean by "right" answers. While there may right answers for individuals, there are no "absolute" right answers. A huge part of the beauty of the storyline of Cave Story is that it leaves a lot of room for imagination on the part of the player, which is something most storylines don't do. It would not be good to establish one and only one answer for every question that Pixel has left unanswered. To do that would ruin the beauty and unique-ness of the storyline of Cave Story. I'm not trying to say that individuals can't have their own "right" answers to questions, only that they shouldn't impose their answers on others.

Feb 7, 2009 at 3:42 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
POOF

When people ask why Curly has an air tank and Quote doesn't, his probably got shattered before the game started.

Feb 7, 2009 at 9:47 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
wedge of cheese said:
We haven't "established" anything other than what Pixel has explicitly told us, nor can we. Pixel has said repeatedly that he deliberately left a lot of things to the players' imagination, which means that there is no "right" answer to unanswered questions, such as who made the island.
While we cannot absolutely prove a large number of theories (see the end of the cs earth debate), the idea is to get as close to the truth as possible. There are many theories, just like there are many pieces of a puzzle, the idea is to find which piece fits the best. Filling in the gaps and watching the pieces fall together perfectly are what we do here. When someone posts large quantities of wild theories, argues that everything we do is pointless, or questions the way that we do it, it derails the thread and accomplishes nothing.

Do not further derail this thread. You can create a new thread about this, but do not do this here.

Mar 14, 2009 at 8:33 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Sorry for sort of bumping this, but Misery isn't just standing up in that end part.
diph.php

Mar 14, 2009 at 10:00 PM
Banned
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
JacobX891 said:
Dear god, Misery is hot...
Oh, yeah, and that doesn't have much to do with the thread.

You are officially a faggot amongst faggots.
Now go fuck yourself.

Mar 14, 2009 at 11:19 PM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Misery's a woman, so... That doesn't really make him a faggot.

Mar 14, 2009 at 11:26 PM
/end
Quote Sakamoto said:
You are officially a faggot amongst faggots.
Now go fuck yourself.

lol

Mar 14, 2009 at 11:33 PM
Banned
Like you can talk, Meta.

Mar 14, 2009 at 11:50 PM
Banned
xP

Mar 14, 2009 at 11:59 PM
Banned
Mar 15, 2009 at 12:22 AM
/end
I don't wanna! *Throws a hissy fit*

Mar 15, 2009 at 1:24 AM
Banned
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
MetaSeraphim said:
I don't wanna! *Throws a hissy fit*

MetaSeraphim said:
Asterisks denoting implied actions like a fucking RPfag

0/10, your not even trying.