On the Subject of Why Mimigas Wear Sweaters and Also Their Attire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2008 at 3:54 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Fact: Sue and all other mimigas are short.
Fact: Sue's shirt goes down to her feet.
Theory: Sue doesn't lose pants in transformation.

The idea is to say what you find to be wrong with my theory, not to say that something can be but you don't know what. In order for me to accept your opinion on the matter you must first make an opinion. That was my main annoyance with your rant.

Pixel left the rest of the story not covered in the game to the player's imagination, not what he already built. Pixel did this because he felt he didn't have the energy to continue to develop the story.

For f**ks sake I was pointing out that Jacob accidentally supported my view. I don't make a habit of labeling a theory as fact unless I am pretty damn sure. All my theories are based on fact, but that doesn't make them fact, though I try to get as close as I can.

And yes I admit that clothing changes are possible during transformations. But looking at her you wouldn't know either way.

Can we get back on topic now?

Jun 27, 2008 at 4:58 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
andwhyisit said:
Can we get back on topic now?
Alright, I guess I chose the wrong approach as to discussing this. I didn't need to go off topic or discuss it so heavily, so I'll lighten it up and keep it on the topic:

andwhyisit said:
Though it is very believable (especially the first one, which is how I would picture a mimiga myself) based on Pixel's art, I wouldn't quite call those facts. Initially, it's common that players would picture Sue's shirt as a mimiga only going down to stomach-waist length, since the sprite and the faceset are all you get to see of sue throughout gameplay. Being influenced by the credits images alone, it's only enough to make me believe her height and/or shirt length is uncertain, leaving this detail up to opinion in my mind. :D

And it COULD be (though I wouldn't believe it myself) that the dark blue line on her human sprite is just bad shading on her shirt (the mimiga version's shirt had shading of that color), if you want to fantasize about it that way. ;)

Jun 27, 2008 at 5:06 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
JacobX891 said:
THE MIMIGAS TOOK OFF SUE'S CLOTHES AND AFTER THEY WERE DONE WITH HER THEY BURNED THE CLOTHES AND GAVE HER A SWEATER!
The reason she has pants when she comes out of the transmogrifiermajiggy is because...........................

Aw hell.

um...

SHE PUT THEM ON DURING THE TRANSFORMATION!
YEAH, THAT'S IT! SURE!!!
;)

Grim said:
Though it is very believable (especially the first one, which is how I would picture a mimiga myself) based on Pixel's art, I wouldn't quite call those facts. Initially, it's common that players would picture Sue's shirt as a mimiga only going down to stomach-waist length, since the sprite and the faceset are all you get to see of sue throughout gameplay. Being influenced by the credits images alone, it's only enough to make me believe her height and/or shirt length is uncertain, leaving this detail up to opinion in my mind. :D
So you are saying that assumption is fact? I doubt that.

Grim said:
And it COULD be (though I wouldn't believe it myself) that the dark blue line on her human sprite is just bad shading on her shirt (the mimiga version's shirt had shading of that color), if you want to fantasize about it that way. ;)
That is always possible.

Theory: Sue doesn't lose pants (if she ever had them on originally) in transformation.
Theory: Sue wore pants before she became a mimiga. :D

Jun 27, 2008 at 5:30 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
andwhyisit said:
So you are saying that assumption is fact? I doubt that.
Well, no. The variability of it (weather variability is a real word or not) is just what I believe. I mean, looking at fan art you'd often see mimiga Sue with the shirt only going down to about waist/tail length. Two examples. That just shows people can see it diffrently, and I don't think they're wrong or there is a true fact about it.

andwhyisit said:
Fact: Sue is not Chaco.
HEY YOU NEVER KNOW ;)

Jun 27, 2008 at 5:46 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Grim said:
HEY YOU NEVER KNOW ;)
That's why I edited it out. Because of that tiny 0.014% chance (I just made that figure up btw) that chaco would become sue in the few seconds it takes to talk to misery. :D

*looks off into horizon*
*sees rule 34 invasion*
*runs in terror*

Jun 27, 2008 at 6:18 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
diph.php

Matching shirt color? Detachable sleeves? Makeup? Ears pushed back a little!? Persuaded King to get out of her cage!!?? Took a detour through the frenzied mimiga's chimney (based on it being connected to some cave) to get to Grasstown!!!???

Now that it's been thought about, it's too crazy to not be true! ;)

Jun 27, 2008 at 6:38 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Grim said:
diph.php

Matching shirt color? Detachable sleeves? Makeup? Ears pushed back a little!? Persuaded King to get out of her cage!!?? Took a detour through the frenzied mimiga's chimney (based on it being connected to some cave) to get to Grasstown!!!???

Now that it's been thought about, it's too crazy to not be true! ;)
Think Chaco in cage during the doctor fight. Think Sue summoned not long after by Misery. No-one can costume change that fast, and you would think that that make-up stuff would be hard to get off her fur. Also, where did Sue get that house when she hasn't been a mimiga for all that long? How did she know about the Jellyfish juice? Why the secrecy and complete change in personality?

Spread my seeds of doubt. MwahahaHAHAHAHAHHH!!!!!

Jun 27, 2008 at 7:10 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
andwhyisit said:
Think Chaco in cage during the doctor fight. Think Sue summoned not long after by Misery. No-one can costume change that fast, and you would think that that make-up stuff would be hard to get off her fur.
Uh... erm... She put the sleeves back on and fixed her ears after Quote left. The Teleport spell was only intended to affect Sue plus the fabric she was wearing and none of the makeup stuff she put on to look like Chaco, so it all just remained there in a mess that... blew away in the wind while she was fighting Quote!

andwhyisit said:
Also, where did Sue get that house when she hasn't been a mimiga for all that long? How did she know about the Jellyfish juice?
Where does it say how long she'd been a mimiga? D: Maybe she was a lot younger and shorter when she became a mimiga, and she didn't grow as a mimiga while her human form did on the inside, which would explain mimiga Sue being so short as well! :D

andwhyisit said:
Why the secrecy and complete change in personality?
She wanted desperately to get it on with everyone, but was too ashamed to admit it, so she became someone else! ;)

I fend off the infestation of doubt! For now now at least...

Jun 27, 2008 at 10:17 AM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Well, if Sue is Chaco, she is very good at being at two places simultaneously even in the same freaking scene. I mean, have you seen the credits? I just have (having a savegame just before Hell really helps) and in the helicopter scene and the back-transformation scene you can clearly see both of them. Yeah, I know somebody here said something about the cerdits scenes, but come on, this isn't just few pixels (lowercase P) on Sue's sprite, this is inclusion of an entire sprite character.
But now that you're talking about it, yeah, human Sue seems to miss pants as well.

Oh, and I'm sorry about all that ranting. I had one of those moments, you know...

Jun 27, 2008 at 1:43 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
T-Jack said:
But now that you're talking about it, yeah, human Sue seems to miss pants as well.
Sue's pants happen to be (in theory) the dark blue thing below her shirt.

Jun 27, 2008 at 2:21 PM
This Troper
andwhyisit said:
Sue's pants happen to be (in theory) the dark blue thing below her shirt.
I made an 8x zoomed png version of her sprite from the Tribute Site. Is there a way to post it here?
As for the dark blue thing, I think it's either shadowed bottom of her shirt or a skirt, as it doesn't cover her legs all the way down (why would you want a young girl to wear pants anyway?).
And does anyone here know why her human sprite and her human portrait have different hair colors?

Jun 27, 2008 at 10:19 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
T-Jack said:
And does anyone here know why her human sprite and her human portrait have different hair colors?
My guess would be it's either one of three things:

-Palette limitations -- Pixel couldn't get the face's hair light enough or the sprite's hair dark enough? Though there is plenty of empty space on the palette, so I doubt it.
-The face sprite might be unfinished since it was never actually used. Pixel might have just gave up on it after it didn't come out the right way or when he decided he wasn't going to involve human Sue in the story.
-Pixel just didn't pay attention to detail. You can see how he could have easily made Misery's sprite have green hair or the face graphic have blue hair to fix it together.

Also, two more unused sprites from NpcMiza.pbm:

diph.php

Light skin and... pants?

Jun 28, 2008 at 1:41 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jun 28, 2008 at 9:24 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
JacobX891 said:
That's a shadow :D
That's why I said "in theory". Though you wouldn't expect Sue to be wearing long pants would you?

RULE 34 ALERT! RULE 34 ALERT! EMERGENCY! ALL UNITS TO THEIR BATTLE STATIONS!

Jun 28, 2008 at 10:12 AM
This Troper
Grim said:
Light skin and... pants?
I suppose Pixel intended to transform Sue back during the game, so he made two sprites: w/o pants to transform into and w/ pants so that she doesn't have to run around... uhh, you know what I mean.

andwhyisit said:
That's why I said "in theory". Though you wouldn't expect Sue to be wearing long pants would you?
Well, I suppose skirt would be more appropriate.

andwhyisit said:
RULE 34 ALERT! RULE 34 ALERT! EMERGENCY! ALL UNITS TO THEIR BATTLE STATIONS!
You're too late! HAHAHA!

Jul 2, 2008 at 4:43 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
How are you gentlemen !!
All your rule 34 are belong to us.
You are on the way to destruction.
You have no chance to survive make your time.
;)

T-Jack said:
Well, I suppose skirt would be more appropriate.
Sue is too much of a tomboy for that. Short pants most likely.

Jul 2, 2008 at 1:04 PM
This Troper
andwhyisit said:
Sue is too much of a tomboy for that. Short pants most likely.
Was she before she got Mimiga'd? Remember, she didn't want to go to the Island.
Dumb argument, isn't it? Her temper does imply something, too.

Roonil Wazlib said:
Either way she doesn't wear panties.
Ugh. There goes my good taste.
But probably because that's true, it's definitely short pants.

Jul 3, 2008 at 2:17 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
I just skimmed through this thread...
You guys are weird... I guess I'm weird too but meh

lol
Why isn't Sue wearing any pants?
I can't see real logic behind the pants thing after looking at a bunch of cartoons.
Some wear pants, some don't. It seems to be based on aesthetics and identifying the character rather than human clothes functions.

When it comes to humans though they always wear clothes comparable to RL counterparts. [unless you are watching some kind of 18+ thing :rolleyes: ]

@Jacob's orgy parties mostly -
If you want to be weird and technical. Cave Story not being real life, and not actually showing any sexual activity or 18+ parts means that it's possible they don't have said parts. So what if they look similar to our counterparts. Life evolved on earth in its own way. I can not begin to wonder at how many possibilities are available in this universe for life to exist. And Cave Story isn't really part of this universe's rules...

You see Cave Story's world might not even have a concept like sex. At least until you make a mod that has it in it. ...

Proof I daresay is in a picture or words [...]
Lipstick is a no go. The media needs JUICY pictures to prove something, I ain't seen nothing yet. [from the game!]

Jul 4, 2008 at 12:38 PM
This Troper
X-Calibar said:
I can't see real logic behind the pants thing after looking at a bunch of cartoons.
Some wear pants, some don't. It seems to be based on aesthetics and identifying the character rather than human clothes functions.
Yeah, that's basically the same I thought when I first came by this thread. I mean, Donald Duck too has no pants or trousers or what, not to mention Bugs Bunny...
But, OTOH, it's a good thing to discuss and we are on a forum, so why not?
X-Calibar said:
[unless you are watching some kind of 18+ thing ]
Huh?
X-Calibar said:
If you want to be weird and technical. Cave Story not being real life, and not actually showing any sexual activity or 18+ parts means that it's possible they don't have said parts. So what if they look similar to our counterparts. Life evolved on earth in its own way. I can not begin to wonder at how many possibilities are available in this universe for life to exist. And Cave Story isn't really part of this universe's rules...

You see Cave Story's world might not even have a concept like sex. At least until you make a mod that has it in it. ...
But in the same manner you can't say it has a different concept. Since there was absolutely nothing shown in the game, we can't say anything certain about it.
Well, I'm sure the Mimigas have males and females (Toroko explicitly stated her brother was killed, and King said Toroko was she) and that tells me there has to be a concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.