On the Subject of Why Mimigas Wear Sweaters and Also Their Attire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 22, 2008 at 12:17 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
JacobX891 said:
=O The Korons have discovered the usefulness of baggy pants!
The baggy pants allow room in the back to provide enough space for their raised butts!!!

Plus they WERE raised by Curly, a robot modeled after humans, so I guess she taught them that not wearing pants was a bad thing?
Idk.
Probably.

I TOLD YOU!!!
I SO FUCKING TOLD YOU!!!
SCORE ONE FOR ME BABY!
If you were transformed into a frog, would you be considered a furry/anthro?

Jun 22, 2008 at 2:19 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Cripes I think I just realised something!
Looking at Sue's sprite when she gets transformed back in the credits she has pants (well maybe, it's a bit hard to tell from the detail, but Itoh definitely gets his lab coat and clothes back). Obviously the magic that turned her into a Mimiga absorbed her pants into her body! IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!1!1!

Jun 22, 2008 at 8:30 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
DoubleThink said:
Cripes I think I just realised something!
Looking at Sue's sprite when she gets transformed back in the credits she has pants (well maybe, it's a bit hard to tell from the detail, but Itoh definitely gets his lab coat and clothes back). Obviously the magic that turned her into a Mimiga absorbed her pants into her body! IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!1!1!
No. Sue the mimiga is shorter than a human of sue's age. So mimiga sue's pants were covered by her shirt which became too big on her when she became a mimiga. Make sense?

Jun 23, 2008 at 8:35 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
JacobX891 said:
This makes a lot of sense. However, we cannot make the assumption that she is shorter than most girls her age because we have absolutely NO proof of this. We don't see any other human females her age in the game. This is, however, a nice assumption that would explain a lot.

But...
Topic moves onward.
Kazuma is fully grown, Quote looks around the height of someone sue's age (he was called a "boy" until everyone found out he was a robot). Now look at Sue:

p39384-0-friends.jpg

Her shirt goes down to her feet and she horribly short for her age. :rolleyes:

Jun 24, 2008 at 12:01 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
His back legs are nowhere near her.

Jun 24, 2008 at 3:07 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Roonil Wazlib said:
IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE INTERCOURSE DAMN IT HE'S FUCKING PULLING UP HER SKIRT AND MOLESTING HER!!!

Look at it, the expression too.
Shirt, not skirt.

JacobX891 said:
I'm pretty much fucked up for life.
Yep. :D

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:55 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
JacobX891 said:
Well, look at it this way. The only reason Sue and Quote are the same size is so they can both fit into one-tile-high gaps. Plus, there is also always the fact that states 'how short or tall you are relates directly to how far you can fall'
If they were both tall they would be crippled when they fell on the skydragon.
Well...
Quote would. He'd explode.
Sue would just break her neck.
Hey, why doesn't sue break her neck? She should die from falling that far then being caught by her shirt, which would then pull up against her neck and hang her. O.o
Different physics or the island's effect on gravity, they don't exactly fall very fast in the game. This matter is better addressed in the CS Earth thread.

Human Sue would be Quote's height (3/4 of Kazuma's height).
Mimiga Sue is half Kazuma's height.

Jun 25, 2008 at 8:49 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Yea, it's proven throughout the game that there is no gravitational acceleration. No force applied.

But then why do they fall?

Jun 25, 2008 at 12:11 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
JacobX891 said:
But Quote is not 3/4 of Kazuma's height. Quote, with his hat on, is slightly more than 1/2 Kazuma's height, meaning Quote without his hat on is more or less exactly 1/2 Kazuma's height.
Human Sue and mimiga Sue are the same size.
To prove otherwise I'm afraid you'll need pics.
If you need a pic of human Sue you could look in the credits or somewhere in the data folder in the Cave Story file. >.>
*facepalm*

Look at the picture I supplied.

p39384-0-friends.jpg

About 1/4 of the height of quote and kazuma are lost in that view because THEY ARE SITTING DOWN. Mimiga Sue is half the height of Kazuma.

Sprites mean jack all since making them too small means loss of detail. Also everything is short in chibi-style sprites.

Jun 25, 2008 at 11:50 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
JacobX891 said:
Well you'll need better to convince me >.>
Then again that may not be your primary goal, in which case ignore me talking >.>
You want Sue to be without pants don't you? :D

Also, while I am at it the shirt in both human and mimiga sprites clothing are the same colour.

Jun 25, 2008 at 11:59 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
andwhyisit said:
*facepalm*

Look at the picture I supplied.

p39384-0-friends.jpg

About 1/4 of the height of quote and kazuma are lost in that view because THEY ARE SITTING DOWN. Mimiga Sue is half the height of Kazuma.

Sprites mean jack all since making them too small means loss of detail. Also everything is short in chibi-style sprites.

With that in mind, you have to consider the perspective you're looking at Sue in that picture too. From that point of view, it's very hard to tell the the depth between her feet and her face in an anime-styled drawing with that kind of detail, and I imagine a lot of people could see it diffrently than others. You can see Kazuma and Quote just fine as they're sitting straight up, but Sue looks all weird and almost flat from that point of view, so it's hard to make it all out.

On the other hand, Itoh's mimiga sprite is definately way short compared to the human one seen in the credits, so it makes sense that Sue would become shorter as a mimiga too.

andwhyisit said:
You want Sue to be without pants don't you?
It's been done. :x

Jun 26, 2008 at 12:56 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Grim said:
Wrong skin tone though.
p13623-2-suepor2.gif

p13623-3-suenorm.gif

Grim said:
With that in mind, you have to consider the perspective you're looking at Sue in that picture too. From that point of view, it's very hard to tell the the depth between her feet and her face in an anime-styled drawing with that kind of detail, and I imagine a lot of people could see it diffrently than others. You can see Kazuma and Quote just fine as they're sitting straight up, but Sue looks all weird and almost flat from that point of view, so it's hard to make it all out.

On the other hand, Itoh's mimiga sprite is definately way short compared to the human one seen in the credits, so it makes sense that Sue would become shorter as a mimiga too.
Look at body width compared to Kazuma

p39384-0-friends.jpg

Now look at the width to height ratio in this picture

p39994-0-migimas.jpg

Mimiga Sue is half the height of Kazuma.

Jun 26, 2008 at 7:07 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
JacobX891 said:
2. Of course they're the same, transformation doesn't add or take away clothing.
Someone just proved my point for me. :D

Jun 27, 2008 at 12:00 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
JacobX891 said:
What point? >.>
JacobX891 said:
2. Of course they're the same, transformation doesn't add or take away clothing.
A quote with a quote.

Sue would still have her pants if this was the case. Also when she transforms back you can see pants.

I win. :D

Jun 27, 2008 at 12:44 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
[tl;dr]

You can't call a minor detail in Cave Story right or wrong unless it was part of the game's dialogue itself. Hell, you can't accurately define ANYTHING that takes place outside of the dialogue itself even by pointing it out from the most believable standpoint. Pixel left all of this up to the player's imagination (and last time I checked, my imagination as well as the creator's wasn't being held down by any voice of logic or reason) which is why you notice a lot of diffrences on the details of fan art (such as the one linked to yesterday).

There are no accurate details on unimportant things such as the height, skin color/hair color/eye color of certain characters, what world the game takes place on (because it doesn't take place anywhere but a nameless floating island above a namless stretch of planet, as Pixel himself has stated in diffrent words, leaving you yourself in charge), what Balrog is, etc. The list goes on. Everything that was skipped in dialogue is dependant of the player's imagination, and nothing can prove or disprove it because it's all imaginary. Saying anyone's take on a detail in Cave Story is fact or not, despite any flaws or odds, is not only flat-out untrue, but can come off as offensive.

All that crap aside, I was never trying to prove or disprove, agree or disagree with anything, since you can believe what you want to about Cave Story and shouldn't need to be told if it's right or wrong unless it's been absolutely confirmed within the game based on any perspective. I just can't see why this was not cleared up, and I apologize if I've swerved off the topic completely.

[/tl;dr]

Something about mimigas, transformation, and clothing? :D

Jun 27, 2008 at 1:21 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Grim said:
[tl;dr]

You can't call a minor detail in Cave Story right or wrong unless it was part of the game's dialogue itself. Hell, you can't accurately define ANYTHING that takes place outside of the dialogue itself even by pointing it out from the most believable standpoint. Pixel left all of this up to the player's imagination (and last time I checked, my imagination as well as the creator's wasn't being held down by any voice of logic or reason) which is why you notice a lot of diffrences on the details of fan art (such as the one linked to yesterday).

There are no accurate details on unimportant things such as the height, skin color/hair color/eye color of certain characters, what world the game takes place on (because it doesn't take place anywhere but a nameless floating island above a namless stretch of planet, as Pixel himself has stated in diffrent words, leaving you yourself in charge), what Balrog is, etc. The list goes on. Everything that was skipped in dialogue is dependant of the player's imagination, and nothing can prove or disprove it because it's all imaginary. Saying anyone's take on a detail in Cave Story is fact or not, despite any flaws or odds, is not only flat-out untrue, but can come off as offensive.

All that crap aside, I was never trying to prove or disprove, agree or disagree with anything, since you can believe what you want to about Cave Story and shouldn't need to be told if it's right or wrong unless it's been absolutely confirmed within the game based on any perspective. I just can't see why this was not cleared up, and I apologize if I've swerved off the topic completely.

[/tl;dr]

Something about mimigas, transformation, and clothing? :D
All of the images I have used to prove my point were created by Pixel. If they are wrong then you are claiming that Pixel does not know his own characters.

I find your rant to have nothing to do with this topic. More to do with how you think coming up with theories is wrong, contradicting yourself, and then finally stating that you have no idea what the conversation is about. The idea of debating theories is to iron out holes and expand upon it to create something that resembles and draws from fact, or in some cases does more than just resemble fact.

I might suggest that you read through this entire thread in order to get a better understanding of what we are talking about.

Jun 27, 2008 at 2:54 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
andwhyisit said:
All of the images I have used to prove my point were created by Pixel. If they are wrong then you are claiming that Pixel does not know his own characters.

I find your rant to have nothing to do with this topic. More to do with how you think coming up with theories is wrong, contradicting yourself, and then finally stating that you have no idea what the conversation is about.

Hmm, I don't see any valid points up in that quote. So you still don't understand what I mean, or are you just avoiding my point entirely to go off saying your finds on the rant and how it had nothing to do with the topic (which it did, as you've claimed quite enough "known facts" about Cave Story, in this topic and others), instead of realizing it for yourself?

First of all, the very last line was a joke, and I see nothing the least bit contradictory about the rant itself. Care to point this out? Reading from my two posts in this thread, I didn't point out anything wrong with or attempt to disprove the point you were trying to make, so what is it? The art having been made by Pixel doesn't prove anything with accuracy, for several reasons, yet you come off as someone who thinks this detail must be a flawlessly correct part of the Cave Story world. Because Pixel himself made a picture that makes it make sense? It's not dialogue. It's not really part of the story. It's just a concept of the story from how Pixel drew it, but that does in no way mean it's how everyone should view it, or the game would lose most of the artistic aspect of LEAVING IT UP TO THE PLAYER'S IMAGINATION without it being called right or wrong. This does in no way claim that the image itself is right or wrong either.

And you say I think coming up with theories is wrong? All I said was that you can't prove them. That's a mighty assumption you've made there. My first post basically declared that you can choose to view it from a diffrent perspective if you wanted to. If that's wrong; there is a name for someone who can't accept someone else's opinions. And before you call that a contradiction; the only opinions I put down are the ones that claim to be known facts. If Pixel actually wanted you to believe the small details, he would have worked more on them, but it's just a story, and the rest is up to you.

After reading the edit to your post: Maybe it's too hard to understand? The only problem is you call a theory based around "fact" proven, and it's almost as if you think it should be taken in for a fact for whatever reason (be it the most likely), as flexible as the story behind the main story is. I'm sure Pixel wouldn't debate if anyone imagined Cave Story's origin way diffrently than he would.

I don't have a problem with any theory, whatever it's based around. But there's no way I'll take one into consideration as if nothing else could be the truth instead. Unless of course Pixel decides to expand on the story in that particular fashion (which he probably never will in any fashion). It's just a story in a game after all, so how can a theory even be proven?

Edit: As for the last line of your post, I understand completely:

Sue would still have her pants if this was the case. Also when she transforms back you can see pants.

Only proves that any theory could be right or wrong, since it opens the possibilities of clothing changes during transformation. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.