Oct 23, 2013 at 5:39 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Uh

You know what would solve your problem
Just don't swear
That means don't pretend to swear either, because you know what?
A swear is only that because that's what the public perception of them is. The stupid little "censors" are received the exact same way.
What you're saying here is that you are going to use a mod that, believe it or not, most major members of the forums don't care about, as a bargaining chip so that we will let you pretend to swear (but not actually swear because that would be bad 0: ) without swearing.

I'm terribly sorry, but what you're asking for here (the ability to swear without swearing) is literally impossible to achieve.

And honestly, this is a really immature way of going about this. Did you even post in the thread? No, as a quick read will reveal. I'll tell you again: we could care less about a mod being abandoned. We expect it. Do you know what could have helped you? Voicing your concerns in the thread. But because you decided that rather then discuss something you disagreed with civilly, you'd take your toys and leave.

Actually, that's a good example. You're acting like a child who isn't getting his own way. Throwing a tantrum, taking his toys, and leaving.

Also, in case I haven't made it clear enough:
We don't care about your mod. The fact that you think we would simply proves the immaturity that I've already pointed out.

Keep that in mind.

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:41 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Oh look, an excuse to do something I wanted to anyway. I trust that andy won't be too cut up about it.

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:57 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Dunc2403 said:
Uh

You know what would solve your problem
Just don't swear
That means don't pretend to swear either, because you know what?
A swear is only that because that's what the public perception of them is. The stupid little "censors" are received the exact same way.
What you're saying here is that you are going to use a mod that, believe it or not, most major members of the forums don't care about, as a bargaining chip so that we will let you pretend to swear (but not actually swear because that would be bad 0: ) without swearing.

I'm terribly sorry, but what you're asking for here (the ability to swear without swearing) is literally impossible to achieve.

And honestly, this is a really immature way of going about this. Did you even post in the thread? No, as a quick read will reveal. I'll tell you again: we could care less about a mod being abandoned. We expect it. Do you know what could have helped you? Voicing your concerns in the thread. But because you decided that rather then discuss something you disagreed with civilly, you'd take your toys and leave.

Actually, that's a good example. You're acting like a child who isn't getting his own way. Throwing a tantrum, taking his toys, and leaving.

Also, in case I haven't made it clear enough:
We don't care about your mod. The fact that you think we would simply proves the immaturity that I've already pointed out.

Keep that in mind.
Your missing the point. we don't want to have to read this profanity. and now that every little "[size=NaN]d[/size]arn" or "[size=NaN]h[/size]eck" is the cussing counterpart, I... Just don't think it is any longer and acceptable environment for any normal christian to be inside.

That's why I'm fighting, I'm fighting for the 6 months of work that I've put into Suu No Monogatari. and also for all the ASM that I've tired hours and hours on making my NPC's.

I don't like it when people throw garbage on my dreams, I wanted to make a wonderful mod in all, but It's not worth it to me if I have to compromise everything I have stood up for away.

And me and light are not IRL friends.

The buck stops here. I cannot and will not compromise any longer.

Oct 23, 2013 at 6:03 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Hooray done now let's move on and pretend nothing happened

Please

Oct 23, 2013 at 6:20 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Agreed. Me and Bombchu were most definitely overreacting and I will at least say that I regret how I handled today. I made a mistake, and even though It was NOT my idea in the first place, I regret what I did, and will not even try to prove myself that my choices had good meaning. At least Bombchu and I got what I wanted I guess, but definitely not in the way we should have.

Let's try to forget the past.

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:18 AM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
but what happens if you substitude word A with word B and word B with word A

also i'm okay with * -> wub, it would be soooooo cool wub_wub

Oct 23, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Professional Whatever
Not to light a second fire but what does it matter, it cleans up posts and you're basically swearing anyway, if you don't want to see a truth of the real world then don't join a public forum

Oct 23, 2013 at 1:47 PM
MagicDoors said:
Not to light a second fire but what does it matter, it cleans up posts and you're basically swearing anyway, if you don't want to see a truth of the real world then don't join a public forum
You'll probably won't ever understand it from my viewpoint, but:

I of course know that it's practically impossible to live in a condition where public swearing isn't a thing, it is a truth of the real world, as you say it, and almost to the point that it seems like a normal everyday word without the more harsh meaning it had many years ago. It still however has these harsh meanings subliminally, and probably adds to the whole more aggressiveness of life today.

I don't swear. Not because "my parents don't like it" or "I was taught that it was naughty" or whatever. It's how I was raised, what my religion said to avoid, and now that I can see how it doesn't really benefit anyone to have such hateful commentary, I decided myself that I will try not to "cuss", or bring these aggressive words into my vocabulary.

In my mind I consider it like this: Do you say "African-Americans" or do you use the more inconsiderate "N*****s" when referring to them. They both mean the same, but one is disrespectful and has a more negative meaning when others hear it. You are right that sometimes it doesn't make a difference, like the words "Frick" or using "Ship", because when anyone reads them it obviously puts the real meaning in their minds. I however it doesn't fully apply to everything...

I don't have the time currently to finish typing this, I'd just like to reiterate the point that the reason I did this silly thing was because I wanted to support when no one else will, but whatever... I know that I probably won't win anyones opinions, I accept that.

Oct 23, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
I see your point, but you've clearly failed to realise that the uncensor was only that- something that removed censors. Your example at the top wouldn't be change at all, because you're right, it is far more respectful. But with cuss exclamations, like shit or the such, don't have a more respectful term, just fake "censors" that do nothing.
Does that make sense?

e: stop double posting for me okay ipb

Oct 23, 2013 at 8:01 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
friggidyfragglesnort fizzlefuzzle

Oct 23, 2013 at 10:45 PM
EnlightenedOne said:
In my mind I consider it like this: Do you say "African-Americans" or do you use the more inconsiderate "N*****s" when referring to them. They both mean the same, but one is disrespectful and has a more negative meaning when others hear it. You are right that sometimes it doesn't make a difference, like the words "Frick" or using "Ship", because when anyone reads them it obviously puts the real meaning in their minds. I however it doesn't fully apply to everything...
That's why Andy didn't filter racial slurs. African-American does have a different meaning than nigger, because it's not a derogatory term. Frick and fuck have nearly identical meanings (nearly identical, as in you wouldn't say "I fricked that dude so hard"), but one is just spelled differently so that it doesn't carry as much weight.

Also notice how I said two very bad words without directing hate at anyone; they're only words and are only hateful if you make them so. There is an enormous debate I could have over swear words and hate speech, but this obviously isn't the place to do it. Suffice to say, swear words aren't inherently evil.

Not that swearing is a good thing. If you don't like swearing, don't swear. It's using silly-sounding synonyms like frick that bothers people like me. Try using more variety in your language instead of interjections, it's a fun challenge.

Oct 23, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Captain Fabulous said:
That's why Andy didn't filter racial slurs. African-American does have a different meaning than nigger, because it's not a derogatory term. Frick and fuck have nearly identical meanings (nearly identical, as in you wouldn't say "I fricked that dude so hard"), but one is just spelled differently so that it doesn't carry as much weight.

Also notice how I said two very bad words without directing hate at anyone; they're only words and are only hateful if you make them so. There is an enormous debate I could have over swear words and hate speech, but this obviously isn't the place to do it. Suffice to say, swear words aren't inherently evil.

Not that swearing is a good thing. If you don't like swearing, don't swear. It's using silly-sounding synonyms like frick that bothers people like me. Try using more variety in your language instead of interjections, it's a fun challenge.
I see your point.

Yah, I guess I'll make note of that, even though really I didn't even use fake interjections all that much on here anyway. I've also been kicking myself all day in following this silly "movement", if that's any consolidation to you guys.

Also this is pretty off-topic isn't it. I'll just post here that I'm gonna take a break from deadlines and production, probably play a few games I haven't finished or mess around with modding without having a specific project in mind... So hopefully for my burdened sake this mistake can just end right here.

(Fixing the links).

Oct 23, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Professional Whatever
Well, at least all the boycotting is done with. It is good to take a break for a little while in any case (*cough* an entire year *cough* amamichi)

Oct 23, 2013 at 11:56 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
this whole situation has been amazing
I just can't contain my bemusement

Oct 24, 2013 at 12:20 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Wild Desu said:
Actually when 12 year old #2910 said ass it was just ***. Clearly we should substitute asterisks with something. Like wub.

Oh okay.
All Throughout the Forum, Wubs were blaring.
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB-

Oct 24, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Professional Whatever
Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 24, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Noxid said:
this whole situation has been amazing
I just can't contain my bemusement
I can imagine it being that way for you, a true spectacle... Hehe...

I've also quite learned a few things from this... No, this isn't more punishing myself, I have already said my words about not being idiotic and how I was wrong in action and everything.

Well, it was regarding the passing of information... Some of you might not know that Bombchu's off-set of the anti-filter and the boycott of mods came first, yet even though I came an hour or so later, I made a more vivid signature difference, linked it straight to my childish statement (which was on its own post, instead of amended as an edit.)

This is pretty random for you guys, but I've been interested in psychology the past month. Being able to influence action and control the flow of information. That's why most of the confusion and attention was directed to me, here. And you know what... I'm kinda happy, knowing I still have personality nicks I can change, a way of improvement, and in the sense that even though I hate myself now, who knows, maybe some of the newer members can learn from my example and not make the same mistakes.

And of course that if someone else had to take the fall, they might have just left forever or even see themselves have worse than what it really is. So thank you, yah that was a bit cheesy.

Also I'm going to make sure that I don't do any of these huge posts anymore regarding this.