On the Subject of Censoring Words

Oct 24, 2013 at 5:56 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
EnlightenedOne said:
than who cares about those hundreds of teens too stuck up and condescending of anyone that doesn't seem right in their eye.
Could you, uh, please fix this sentence so it makes grammatical sense because right now it doesn't (and I'm not even referring to the then/than issue).

Also I hate to tell you this but you're probably not going to have a good time on the forums if you don't fit in, that's just how communities work in general. Especially this community, being small and tight-knit as it is.

And thanks for, uh, labeling us as condescending (I think? I still can't make sense of that sentence), because it isn't condescending at ALL to call others condescending.

Oct 24, 2013 at 6:01 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
andwhyisit said:
My understanding was that when a post is submitted (not just for new posts but for editing posts as well) the text is modified, and not before.
Did you install all the filters at once, or do some a while before mentioning it?

Oct 24, 2013 at 6:28 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Could you, uh, please fix this sentence so it makes grammatical sense because right now it doesn't (and I'm not even referring to the then/than issue).

Also I hate to tell you this but you're probably not going to have a good time on the forums if you don't fit in, that's just how communities work in general. Especially this community, being small and tight-knit as it is.

And thanks for, uh, labeling us as condescending (I think? I still can't make sense of that sentence), because it isn't condescending at ALL to call others condescending.
My apologies, no excuse but simply that I'm bad at grammar and I used an adjective as a verb accidentally (this is just a string of hilarity isn't it?).

I'm basically saying that since all communities have different groups within them, there really isn't such a thing as "not fitting in" in the way that I perceived your other post. And I wasn't saying that people on this forum are condescending, I was saying that at a local group standpoint, in the example of my local high school, I only have about 15-30ish people similar to me in mentality, and even though there are those in the other social groups who view my social group as "not worthy" (I'm not exaggerating this point), it doesn't matter. There is no such thing as not fitting in anywhere, because there are always those that can relate.

Also, about me not fitting in here… Just like to note that I have been here for several months, I have those I consider friends and I've experienced a lot of great things here. It may look like I will be miserable here, but you don't know the full picture. I've enjoyed the six or so months since I joined, and something as silly and small as this won't make me give up and leave.

Oct 24, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Serri Online
War criminal
Fuck, that's a pretty long post of you still being happy here. If you're happy, then just put it in a very few words.

Oct 24, 2013 at 8:37 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
We need a filter that filters out all of the shitposters and sorts the crybabies.

Oct 24, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Been here way too long...
TLincoln said:
Fuck, that's a pretty long post of you still being happy here. If you're happy, then just put it in a very few words.
How dare he fill our forums with his... his words and his actual thought put into his posts. I'm nauseous and enraged just from reading more than two sentences in a row.

Oct 24, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
EnlightenedOne said:
Also, about me not fitting in here… Just like to note that I have been here for several months, I have those I consider friends and I've experienced a lot of great things here. It may look like I will be miserable here, but you don't know the full picture. I've enjoyed the six or so months since I joined, and something as silly and small as this won't make me give up and leave.
I'm not worried about you leaving so much as I am worried about bombchu's reaction to the current events, since he seems much more reactionary, firm, and imposing about his beliefs.

Oct 24, 2013 at 9:04 AM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
so the filter isn't on anymore? because of a random crybaby throwing a tantrum with his mod? ok that's bullshit i'm boycotting the fourms forever

Oct 24, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Solution: Ban everyone, then no-one can boycott anything. :p

Oct 24, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Let's just ban everyone anyway! :D

Oct 24, 2013 at 7:52 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Hiino said:
so the filter isn't on anymore? because of a random crybaby throwing a tantrum with his mod? ok that's bullshit i'm boycotting the fourms forever
some affirmative action on doublethink's part is also a contributing factor...
the decision to revoke it was not exactly well discussed even amongst the staff

Oct 24, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Professional Whatever
Nor was the decision to pass it either though, afaik

Oct 24, 2013 at 8:09 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
nupe
this is what i would call

a communications breakdown

Oct 24, 2013 at 9:54 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
I'm not worried about you leaving so much as I am worried about bombchu's reaction to the current events.
Na, I'm not mad, Especially since the talk I've had with Dunc via PM. Let's just say that I have been enlightened (no pun intended) on the subject.

He seems much more reactionary, firm, and imposing about his beliefs.
It's because I really believe what I believe in, It's not a bad thing, but I need a double portion of maturity to go along with it for it to be any good.

I realize I'm bossy and need to back off sometimes....

And I also acted without thinking and I.... apologize to everyone for my rash actions.
I should have taken My concerns directly to staff instead of boycotting.

I'm sorry.

Oct 24, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Professional Whatever
You didn't even have to report to a moderator just discuss your ideas instead of running to your mod thread and yelling about it

Oct 24, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
MagicDoors said:
Nor was the decision to pass it either though, afaik
I just put the anti-censor in as a joke, but everyone seemed to seriously want it in, so I left it there. I didn't see a problem with it because everyone seemed to like the idea at the time.

And of course since Bombchu Link and EnlightenedOne decided to boycott I decided that I wasn't going to cave in and take it down because it would encourage this sort of behaviour in the future. Whereas I would have taken it down myself if they acted more civil about it and simply voiced their concerns instead. -_-;

DoubleThink said:
Did you install all the filters at once, or do some a while before mentioning it?
I did get pulled away from the computer halfway through adding filters if I recall correctly.

Oct 25, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
andwhyisit said:
Yeah I just put the anti-censor in as a joke, but everyone seemed to seriously want it in, so I left it there. I didn't see a problem with it because everyone seemed to like the idea at the time.

And of course since Bombchu Link and EnlightenedOne decided to boycott I decided that I wasn't going to cave in and take it down because it would encourage this sort of behaviour in the future. Whereas I would have taken it down myself if they acted more civil about it and simply voiced their concerns instead. -_-;
Yeah andwhy, this isn't your fault at all. To me, it's pretty obvious that it was just a novel joke and that it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. EnlightenedOne and Bombchu took it much too far, but they seem to have realized their mistakes and are learning from them. I'm sure they'll be glad to voice their concerns in a more respectable manner if something else comes up again.

Oct 25, 2013 at 2:08 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
Tpcool said:
I'm sure they'll be glad to voice their concerns in a more respectable manner if something else comes up again.
You got that right.

Oct 25, 2013 at 8:44 AM
/end
andwhyisit said:
Maybe I'm just going the way of SkyeWelse in not being active enough?
You are, very much so. And also making poor staff member choices.

Like how Thomas choose Oliver.