[not a]MOD - Release 3, Incomplete Revision

Jul 17, 2013 at 7:32 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
"AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH" ~Dissapearing door in the Shooting Range
(DOES IT GO ON FOREVER?)

Jul 17, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Dunc2403 said:
Just because assholiness is mandatory doesn't mean we're not allowed to be nice
But of course. :D

Attheshows said:
I must say, that was pretty good for a start! Keep up the good work!
Thanks for trying it! I'll do my best. :)

Vinnis said:
"AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH" ~Dissapearing door in the Shooting Range
(DOES IT GO ON FOREVER?)
Do you mean Shooting Range, or the empty husk that could have been Shooting Range?

At any rate, it doesn't go on forever, just close. And, it's not the door that says that...

★★★★★

I have some pretty cool teaser screenshots for you all to gawk at. Take a looksie! :3

diph.php

It's a secret to everybody. But don't worry, this is actually good news! Assuming you make this happen the right way, anyway. Otherwise you'll die.

diph.php

Guess who did some hackiiing! :awesomeface:

Jul 17, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
Polaris said:
diph.php

It's a secret to everybody. But don't worry, this is actually good news! Assuming you make this happen the right way, anyway. Otherwise you'll die.
Secrets... so secretly secreted that secrets can be fun... and that's the secret of secrets.

[/useless text] That actually looks very interesting... Can't wait to see what you have done in your spare time...

Aug 4, 2013 at 2:49 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
I think I've finally come up with some pretty good ideas and a grasp of where the mod will end, which is good.

I just hope I can bring my ideas to fruition...but I think I can do it. :debug:

★★★★★

I forgot to respond to this :pignon2:

Ultimate Nerd-meister said:
Sadly, I can't play your mod, what with my can't-use-my-laptop-cause-it-crapped-out-on-me situation, but I say you keep working on your mod and, hopefully sometime soon, I'll be able to play it... hopefully.
Well, that's alright. Just try it when you get the chance, and tell me what ya think. ;3

Also, what happened to your laptop? D:

★★★★★

Okay, but onto slightly more important matters. It's been two and a half weeks since I said I would make a new demo (it was a good idea to give myself a wide berth :p ). And I have good news! I am, in fact, close to a demo!

In fact, I will be releasing one tomorrow...ehehe...

But that's besides the point. The point is, I've done a lot of things since my last Progress Report. I'll ramble about that later.

So in summary:

★It's been awhile

★I actually have stuff done like I said I would

★I'll be working on releasing a demo

★Expect a Progress Report soon

★I might add to that To-Do list thing in the first post that no one pays attention to because I never update it

★Get hype

Any questions?

Or comments? Or anything?

Aug 4, 2013 at 4:33 AM
My body is ready.

This is a robbery, I demand all your progress now.

You will my receive soul in the mail by thursday evening.

In my right hand is the key to destroying the multiverse, only YOU can prevent existence itself from collapsing if YOU return what is rightfully ours!

I will be eagerly anticipating...

Aug 4, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
No it isn't

Not now honey, go ask MagicDoors

Do I really want it

Go ahead, I'm in the outerverse anyway

I'll try to perform to expectations...*cough*

★★★★★

HEY GUYZ GUESS WUT

I LIKE TOTS HAS A NEW DEMO

ITS 20% COOLER THAN THE LAST ONE

PLAY THIS TO MAKE YOUR LIFE COMPLETE
sauce
GIVE ME FEEDBACK GAIZ LOTS AND LOTSA FEEDBACK I NEED THAT STUFF TO SURVIVE LOLOL REFERENCE NO BUT SERIOUSLY ANYWAY BAI!!1111!!!1one1!!111!!!!!!!

Aug 4, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Polaris said:
sauce
GIVE ME FEEDBACK GAIZ LOTS AND LOTSA FEEDBACK I NEED THAT STUFF TO SURVIVE LOLOL REFERENCE NO BUT SERIOUSLY ANYWAY BAI!!1111!!!1one1!!111!!!!!!!
MONDAYZ I SRS WILL PLA N GIVS FEDZBAC K? NO SUNZDAYZ BUT TOMARRO WILZ TOTS PLAS IT.

EXPECT BUGZ MAEBAY...

Aug 5, 2013 at 5:28 AM
クレー
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Polaris said:
No it isn't

Not now honey, go ask MagicDoors

Do I really want it

Go ahead, I'm in the outerverse anyway

I'll try to perform to expectations...*cough*

★★★★★

HEY GUYZ GUESS WUT

I LIKE TOTS HAS A NEW DEMO

ITS 20% COOLER THAN THE LAST ONE

sauce
ITS 20% COOLER
20% COOLER
You know where this is going.
diph.php

Aug 5, 2013 at 5:55 AM
This thread got off-topic fast...

Then again... I don't quite know what qualifies as on-topic for this beautifully random mod. So...
p168287-0-poniestoast.jpg

Aug 5, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Everything is off-topic. EVERYTHING.

I am the supreme lord thread creator and I have sanctioned that it's perfectly fine for the thread to get a little off track as long as it isn't boring or spammy.

p168288-0-rainbowdashattemptstoorderpizzabyrapidstriked5ud6nv.jpg

Apparently no one has actually tried the demo yet, so I feel safe for now.

Aug 5, 2013 at 7:32 AM
クレー
Polaris said:
Or have they? O.O

Actually, I find it really good. I might want to do something like that. If only I don't screw it up in that boss battle! :greydroll:

Aug 5, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Polaris said:
I'm just about to start recording a play-through...

EDIT: That... Was... Freaking... Awesome.

This mini update, (which you said is pretty much just assembly hacks, and that the real update will come at some point, YES I actually read the Readme.txt) was completely unexpected, but the glitchiness and randomness is what made it so fun!

And ballos was freaking epic, His first form kept killing me (though once I got to his second form, I was able to defeat him)

And the ending was funny as well...

...and I recorded the whole thing, so now it's just about editing the video and uploading it. :D

EDIT: I'm so stupid. Heres the video (finally) of my several attempts against Ballos, I was going to upload the full video of my reaction to shooting the critters (and suddenly spawning a million more) but the video was way too long. so I decided to just show the final parts of the play through.

Or Here, for watching it on a bigger resolution.

Aug 14, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Okay...

I'm somewhat confident that no one is going to lynch me now, so I guess I'll give my replies now...

FIRST AND FOREMOST:I APOLOGIZE. I didn't have the demo ready after the three weeks...but in that time, I had applied a few assembly hacks to a test older build for fun. I decided that, with a bit of help, this hacked version could maybe kinda give you all something to mess around with while I worked on getting Release 2 finished.

So I added a joke ending scene which took me all of 10 minutes, did some last-minute revisions, and zipped it up and sent it off without a hitch. Nevertheless, I still felt bad about not having the real update done...but sometimes, there is nothing you can do.

At the very least, I can give Progress Report Beta. People are hardly paying this thread much attention anymore besides EnlightenedOne, but that's fine. I won't force things. And it may simply be karmic retribution for my inexcusable schedule slips in the past.

(Okay, that's a bit too dramatic, even for me. :p)

But anyway, since EnlightenedOne was kind enough to do a video of it, I'll comment on the things he said a bit.

★About that hidden entity that got you stuck...I actually forgot about that. :p The idea was that you could go back up the fall for a bit and find a side path that had an item. I'll have to finish that, thanks for reminding me.

★I like how you checked everywhere. That's a good way to play the mod. :D

★The entities have a better chance of actually dying if you shoot them quickly with standard Lv 1 shots.

★I'm glad that you somewhat liked it...

★ And heavens no, I'm not keeping those Assembly Hacks at all. D:

Thank you for the video, sir. I loved it. (*^-^)

There is one last thing we must discuss before I give the Progress Report, of course. Let me tell ya, I'm REALLY tired of preparing the mod for a demo release... that's why I'm not going to!

Yup, you heard me right! If you all accept, I'll zip up the demo and send it off today or early tomorrow, as-is. Yes, it will be unfinished, yes, it will have ugly test events, yes, you likely won't be able to see all of the new things I've added. But I will be supplying a steady stream of mini-updates, and I will actively encourage you to look through the data files or take a tour with an editor. You might be surprised by what you find. :)

Anyway, I'll wait to share Progress Report Beta until after someone posts for space reasons. See you there. ~×~

Aug 14, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
I know. And I'm thankful for that. ^_^

★★★★★

:mahin: Progress Report β Pt. 1
5,000 worries in the making!
Okay. You know the drill by now:I have trouble getting started with these, so I'm just going to plunge in with star lists and see where it goes.

(Also, I just got a new keyboard called Kii which is basically Gingerbread+, which explains the fancy symbols. o(^◇^)o)

★ Just a small thing, but I added a facepic and slightly more elaborate text for Kazuma in the Outer Wall, mostly because I forgot to do it earlier. -.-
★I fixed a spelling mistake in the intro - specifically, "monolouge". I can't believe no one reported that!
★I applied the Infinite Mimiga Mask hack with little effort, which is courtesy of our friend Lace. ^_^
However, I don't think it counts as me learning Assembly, because applying someone else's hack isn't exactly difficult. I still need to learn more if I shall have my Loading screen.
★I still haven't added NPC butes to Sacred Grounds, but I did finish all of the altered voice dialogue, and if I remember correctly I'm about halfway finished with Ballos' speech. I was thinking that, during the fight, Ballos would have slightly less HP in his final form and getting killed at any point would simply cause the fight to stop, and Quote would reappear with Ballos noting his current, unexplained weakness. Oh, and Ballos will be super friendly and the fight will be completely optional. That too. ;)
★ I'm probably going to be adding a completely new weapon soon - the Dinner Blaster. I got the terrific idea of turning the regular, boring Missile Launcher into YTP's most amazing gun. I just have to apply the code that gives you super-big missiles from the Weapon Hax mod on the Missile Launcher, and then go find a crappy Cheeseburger sprite and plug it in! Simple!

The Dinner Blaster itself will have infinite ammo, and medium-high damage. If I can, I'd like to find a way to make sure the Blaster is always at Lv 2, but it's not that important.
★ When I conceived of the Dinner Blaster, I thought, "why should all of the other weapons be boring?" And the answer is no reason at all, kids. No reason at all. I decided to give a twist or a gimmick to each weapon.

The only problem is... I already had somewhat funny weapon descriptions for every weapon, and they haven't been used yet.

So there's a simple answer: The Shooting Range. I thought I could have "dispensers" of a sort at the entrance, with the weapon sprites above each one...or maybe I'll just have the sprites, who knows. But the point is, these could tell you the descriptions before asking if you want it. And when you said yes, you wouldn't get the weapon, but its hacked variant! For example...instead of the Blade, you'd find Divine Retribution. I find the idea quite interesting. :)
★I added Debug Cat and seizure-inducing variants of Quote in the MyChar, thanks to the Mimiga Mask hack. I'm planning on adding retro/Halloween quote later.
★I added in a new song! It's the beta version of Oppression. I kinda got addicted to the song after watching a Japanese video of a very impressive mod called Cave Story 2.

Anyway, surprisingly enough I added it in without a hitch. It will be used in the Shooting Range. :3
★I changed Misery's eyes from red to a pretty green. :)
★I also added to her conversation some more, finally ending it with a long, serious bit of exposition from Quote and Misery teleporting away.
★I made a facepic of Ballos with his good eye open. It's sufficiently good looking and creepy enough to my tastes, so I consider that a victory. ^_^
★ I've started on the bare-bones tileset and map for a church, as well as the bottom of the mountain at the end of Silent Bridge.
★I made a whole bunch of interesting variations of the BkMoon background. I hope I can find good places to put them in. ^_^;
To be continued...

Aug 14, 2013 at 6:36 AM
hi hi
Oh-ho-ho, that is sure a lot of things! Just one thing: wouldn't the Dinner Blaster collide with walls in small corridors, or even when standing on the ground? I don't remember the hack exactly, but I think that the Ultramegabig Missile Launcher was slightly hard to use. And you can make it fire level 2 projectiles at any level, I think.

Anyway, goo job! Keep the good work up, etc., itd., itp., lolpop.

PS. The main character is awesome

Aug 14, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
I literally love you for replying right now.

...well, not literally, but I am VERY happy with your choice. You have earned a cookie. d(*¯∇¯)=====b

Randolf said:
Oh-ho-ho, that is sure a lot of things! Just one thing: wouldn't the Dinner Blaster collide with walls in small corridors, or even when standing on the ground? I don't remember the hack exactly, but I think that the Ultramegabig Missile Launcher was slightly hard to use. And you can make it fire level 2 projectiles at any level, I think.
Anyway, goo job! Keep the good work up, etc., itd., itp., lolpop.
PS. The main character is awesome
I'm planning on working around that. I won't quite make the Dinner Blaster burgers be as large as that mod's missiles, I'll find a way to tweak it a bit so they're slightly smaller - at least, small enough that they don't immediately explode on the ground.

Besides, there aren't many cramped spaces anyway, and if there is an enemy in these corridors, you could either use another weapon or just keep shooting, since it would constantly create explosions in front of you anyway. :p

What do you mean by the main character, by the way? Quote? He's always been awesome.

But anyway... I'm not done with the Progress Report yet!

E:Nevermind, looks like I have to wait for yet ANOTHER person to post to add the second part. Curse me and my long winded replies.

I have a feeling this is something Andwhy will need to address. I should ask him.

Aug 14, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Based Member
Hey Polaris, sorry that I'm not actually contributing to the discussion, but I guess I'll make a post here so that you can make your next one. I've had that before, no one replying to your dev thread and you feeling completely ignored. It's not fun. But, there's not much I can do to help other than make this post so you can make your next one. The only other thing I can say is don't give up hope.

Aug 14, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Thanks, Hayden.

I won't. :)
★★★★★

●▽●Progress Report β Pt. 2 :chin:
Two excited headers for the price of one!
★I finished the dialogue and effects at the end of the cutscene in Null. I'm going to try and finish the ANP stuff later on.
★I finished the description and effects of the Eversion Flower, Garish Gauntlet, and Beast Fang items, but I don't have pictures for them yet. Except for the Beast Fang, obviously. :p
★I replaced the standard circles seen beside item names with stars. Just for fun. :3
★I made Egg Corridor very dark, and I have plans for a certain Arthur's House leading to a very... interesting...event.
★Entering What Even with the Eversion Flower will prompt you to use it. If you do, you're taken to Darkness, and if you go down the corridor, you'll get to Light, and then the Shooting Range. I don't have all of the events done, of course, but the maps are there.
★Generally speaking, I've noticed that I have a tendency to scatter my progress around instead of working on and finishing one thing at a time. While that's fine and dandy, it makes preparing a demo a serious annoyance because of all of the loose ends I need to tie off. That's why I chose not to this time! Tie them off, I mean, not the scattering part.

Well, that's all. I hope you're at least a little interested in all of these things I'm doing, I know I'm quite excited. ^_^

It kind of surprises me how far I've come since I first started a few months ago. Maybe this is just a mini mod, or a practice mod...but I want to make it a really special one. :)

Sep 1, 2013 at 5:14 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Quick Question
How do you get to Sacred Grounds on this mod?