Movie script

Sep 20, 2008 at 8:28 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Umm... What about that sequel Atravir planned and actually wrote 11 chapters of at FanFiction.net, huh? Maybe link, anyone?

Sep 20, 2008 at 8:30 PM
In front of a computer
Well, considering the Hell ending, I think having her survive would make most sense. However, since you're not doing the Hell ending, I'd say it would be better to just leave it unspecified.

So, in the scene just after defeating the Undead Core, Sue and Misery are seen unconscious on the ground. Sue wakes up and urges Quote to run, which he does. Misery, however, is just left there unconscious with the understanding that she might wake up, but without making it clear.

Sep 20, 2008 at 8:50 PM
I can has squidburger?
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Well, you know after Quote jumps off the edge and the game shows a montage of all the different areas as the island's falling? I'm just gonna show Misery (and possibly Sue) unconscious or maybe dead in the King's Table. I mean, Quote ended up killing or maybe wounding them when they were fighting anyways.

Sep 20, 2008 at 9:26 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
STORYTELLING FIRST, LOGIC SECOND.

*points at my previous post*

Sep 20, 2008 at 9:41 PM
I can has squidburger?
How about "I'll cross that bridge when I get to it."
And here's some reasoning. If Sue or Misery dies, then the blood is on Quote's hands. This adds a melancholy sort of feeling to the ending- because that's how it was in the game. It wasn't "Hooray, we won!"- it was "We won- but at what cost?"
The death of Sue, or to some extent, Misery, personifies this cost.

Sep 20, 2008 at 9:55 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
"I'll cross that bridge when I get to it."
How does that make any sense?

I still don't see why we aren't doing the Hell ending, but you can't really argue about being true to the game when you're making characters DIE that don't die in the game, can you?

Besides, reasoning comes first. You don't just say "I want this character to die" and pull reasoning out of your ass when you get to that part.

You either stick true to the game, which means they don't die, or you do things for your own reasons, meaning you gotta have good reasons, themes, a message, and whatnot.

Sep 20, 2008 at 10:06 PM
I can has squidburger?
First of all, let me say that I don't mean to offend anybody. If I am, I'm sorry.

We're not doing the Hell ending because aside from the final battle sequence it is mostly just fighting. Plus, Atravir never wanted to include Hell in the first place.

I want Misery to die because, well, she does in the game. It's implied. I stated my reasons for the death of Sue in the previous post. I've already said that I'm not gonna kill Quote, I was just throwing the idea around.

Sep 20, 2008 at 10:16 PM
This Troper
innocent.bystander said:
We're not doing the Hell ending because aside from the final battle sequence it is mostly just fighting. Plus, Atravir never wanted to include Hell in the first place.
Not to mention the fact that the existence of Ballos is not even implied before entering Sacred Grounds (unless you count that thing there, but you already know about the secret ending by the time you see that message ingame).

innocent.bystander said:
I want Misery to die because, well, she does in the game. It's implied. I stated my reasons for the death of Sue in the previous post. I've already said that I'm not gonna kill Quote, I was just throwing the idea around.
Where is that implied? If you complete Hell, there's that one cinematic with Misery alive and well and enjoying the wind on Balcony. Also, Sue leads Quote out of the Island, so she cannot die, either.

Sep 20, 2008 at 10:20 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
unless you count that thing there, but you already know about the secret ending by the time you see that message ingame
Meaning when you drown in the Core fight? Not necessarily. The person who first discovered the hidden ending (and anyone else [if there is anyone else] who discovered the ending themselves) must have skipped Booster intentionally after figuring out what the red line and Booster's note in the prefab building meant, and stumbled upon the tow rope accidentally. Thus not having any real idea what would happen much later in the game.

And if we're going to be straying a bit from the actual CS plot, with more dialogue and whatnot, why can't we hint at Ballos earlier? Like have Jenka say something like "the Doctor is not the true source of all this evil" or have her warn them that "even if you defeat the Doctor, the Demon Crown will live on" or something.

Sep 20, 2008 at 10:21 PM
I can has squidburger?
I don't think we have to exactly stick to the events of the game for the movie script. But I thought Misery's death was implied.
In any case, I think it is her just reward for her cruelty during the game.

I'm making a poll.

Sep 20, 2008 at 10:35 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
T-Jack said:
Also, Sue leads Quote out of the Island, so she cannot die, either.
answer kill both
jk
no one kill me

Sep 20, 2008 at 10:40 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
i mean
i think that the reason i think sue should die is
first emotional reasons
sue begs for quote to shoot her in the final battle ;( sad
but secondly im jealous
i mean Toroko is my fav char and she dies so whats up with sue living
thats all
But i still like quote should died

sry about the double post

Sep 20, 2008 at 10:47 PM
I can has squidburger?
I think some great filmography could be applied with the deaths of Quote and Sue, not to mention the great emotional power.
But what's the point?

Sep 20, 2008 at 10:54 PM
This Troper
Dear Dreyfus. You are a very annoying young man.

Ragamuffin said:
first emotional reasons
sue begs for quote to shoot her in the final battle ;( sad
No she doesn't. Not in the game. Not in the movie (it's not written yet). Never.

Ragamuffin said:
but secondly im jealous
i mean Toroko is my fav char and she dies so whats up with sue living
I didn't like leaving Curly behind to die on my first playthrough, either. Also, it was Quote who killed Toroko. Why do you want to kill the others?

Ragamuffin said:
sry about the double post
That's what the Edit button is for.

Ragamuffin said:
no one kill me
I will not... for now.

innocent.bystander said:
I think some great filmography could be applied with the deaths of Quote and Sue, not to mention the great emotional power.
But what's the point?
We don't want stupid Wangst in there. That's the point.

Sep 20, 2008 at 11:06 PM
This Troper
innocent.bystander said:
Wangst...?
For more information about Wangst, see here. But beware, for TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life.

Sep 20, 2008 at 11:30 PM
In front of a computer
innocent.bystander said:
I want Misery to die because, well, she does in the game. It's implied.
On the contrary, it is in fact implied that she lives.

innocent.bystander said:
In any case, I think it is her just reward for her cruelty during the game.
You seem to forget that said cruelty was forced upon her. She had to obey the owner of the Demon Crown.

innocent.bystander said:
But what's the point?
There isn't one.

Sep 21, 2008 at 1:38 AM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Hmm, I see much enthusiasm for the new script. I'm glad there's action in the forums again!

I will try to monitor the script as it progresses. Try not to do anything radical (like kill quote or curly), okay?

Its nice so far, but I think Andwhy or someone pointed out before that using direct quotes from the game are fairly tacky, and although I never went back and fixed the times I did this, it might be behooving the the quality of the script to watch this.
(Oh, and I will send you the original editable script when you have shown me you won't go completely nuts with it if I do)

Sep 21, 2008 at 2:09 AM
In front of a computer
Is the Mimiga writing and numbering system going to be used in the movie?