Movie script

Apr 6, 2009 at 12:52 PM
Junior Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Join Date: Apr 5, 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 11
I'll wait for innocent.bystander, at least for now.
But I'd really like to know if someone else here still wants to do this. Otherwise it will feel kinda pointless since I can't do this alone.
 
Apr 6, 2009 at 1:02 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: Arcane Sanctuary
Posts: 1472
Age: 34
Since this very thread is what made me finally register on the forum, I would really like to see this project finished successfully. But I don't think I would really be able to do it myself, as English is not my native language.
 
Apr 6, 2009 at 1:31 PM
Junior Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Join Date: Apr 5, 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 11
Yeah, I had the exact same reason, as you probably guessed.
I'm not a native either but the main objective here is to get the script written. Of course it would be best to have a native writer to have as versatile vocabulary as possible but it isn't really necessary. Someone native can correct the script later and add some better words if possible.
 
Apr 6, 2009 at 1:45 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: Jul 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 6213
Age: 38
T-Jack said:
Since this very thread is what made me finally register on the forum, I would really like to see this project finished successfully. But I don't think I would really be able to do it myself, as English is not my native language.
Your English is perfectly fine.

Though this will not be finished by Atravir for a long time, if at all. Anyone tackling the script might not do it to the quality or feel of Atravir's and may have to start from scratch to tell their own angle of the story. In the end the chances of this being picked up again are small at best. Plus I liked how Atravir listened to suggestions and ideas from the rest of us and most of them will be worthless when someone else takes up the project. Though if anyone decides to continue this, I'd recommend that you start frequenting the Theories subforum.

Though I think most of the discussions in the Theories subforum started because of this thread, the Movie Script thread inspired that type of discussion by the handful. Hell, this is where the CS Earth debate originated if I recall. The logo I used for the tribute site was originally used for another site mock-up on this thread. This thread has a fair amount of history behind it.
 
Apr 6, 2009 at 2:39 PM
Junior Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Join Date: Apr 5, 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 11
Apparently Atravir's script can't be found here anymore? I'd like to take a peek at it.
 
Apr 6, 2009 at 5:56 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: Arcane Sanctuary
Posts: 1472
Age: 34
The link should be buried somewhere on this thread. IIRC, the last version of the script was posted as a special Christmas gift. To be honest, I downloaded it onto my computer (just to be sure), but I'm not sure it would be okay if I just started sending it to other people. At least I'd wait for Atravir's consent.
 
Apr 6, 2009 at 8:04 PM
Junior Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Join Date: Apr 5, 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 11
Yeah, probably a good idea to ask him first. Hopefully he gives the thread a visit soon.
 
Apr 7, 2009 at 12:06 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: Jul 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 6213
Age: 38
Start working from where Atravir left off. When you have something good to show him then I will get in contact with him. If he is convinced about the direction you are taking with the script then he will give you everything he has on his end of the script to work with.
 
Apr 7, 2009 at 8:04 AM
Junior Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Join Date: Apr 5, 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 11
The problem is, I don't really know where he left off. I found some part of the script where Quote and Curly are getting ready to fight with the Core. Is that the latest part of the script, or am I missing something?
 
Apr 7, 2009 at 1:39 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: Jul 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 6213
Age: 38
Search the thread. It's there.

I won't tell you where exactly, but if you want a clue it was released as an early christmas present.
 
Apr 7, 2009 at 2:52 PM
Junior Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Join Date: Apr 5, 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 11
Bwahaha, found it!

Hmm...the opening scene differs really much from my version, although Atravir's version is clearly more loyal to the actual game. My script begins from the night when Arthur was killed as he was trying to protect the village from The Doctor. When Arthur's dead, King takes the sword from his body and then the opening title would pop up. Only after that we would see Quote in the cave.

I'm gonna read the whole thing tonight and see what I'm gonna do.
 
Apr 7, 2009 at 3:01 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: Arcane Sanctuary
Posts: 1472
Age: 34
Cabadath said:
Bwahaha, found it!

Hmm...the opening scene differs really much from my version, although Atravir's version is clearly more loyal to the actual game. My script begins from the night when Arthur was killed as he was trying to protect the village from The Doctor. When Arthur's dead, King takes the sword from his body and then the opening title would pop up. Only after that we would see Quote in the cave.

I'm gonna read the whole thing tonight and see what I'm gonna do.
Nah, better to stick as close to the game as possible. Oh, and Atra's intention was "save Curly and Booster, but don't go to the Sacred Grounds", if you didn't already know this.
 
Apr 7, 2009 at 5:48 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Join Date: Mar 1, 2008
Location: Grasstown
Posts: 1435
And of course Quote's reasoning for not saving Booster would be something along the lines of "If I jump down there, how will I get back up?"

It's not like he knows what Booster will give him, right?
 
Apr 7, 2009 at 7:56 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: Arcane Sanctuary
Posts: 1472
Age: 34
No, it's like Quote will never even find Booster. Frankly, what would be the point of that scene, if Quote was just to pass right through the room? And that's what Atra was going to do (which you would know if you read the whole thread). But, come to think of it...

Quote and Curly tag along the Labyrinth (it's in the script, right?), when they find professor Booster lying on the floor (just a minor script change for the sake of simplicity), apparently wounded. There's nothing they can do-WAIT! Wasn't that green guy a doctor? He could definitely patch Booster up, couldn't he? Our two robots get the professor to Dr. Gero's and receive a Booster pack as a thank-you gift, or to help them or whatever. The two go off to beat up the Core, and after Booster recovers, Gero tells him about that teleporter in that "AAAAAARGH GIANT BUGS RUN!!!" room we've seen earlier in the movie (surely the Shop, as there's no other Gaudi-inhabited room in the game). As Gero is the Gaudis' doctor, they let him and his guest through, Booster repairs the teleporter and POOF! He's rescued!
Now, the Gaudi don't know how to operate the teleporter, so they can't go eating all the delicious Mimigas. Or Booster just "repairs" the teleporter in a way that makes it break again after one use (he has no real tools, and it's badly damaged).
 
Apr 7, 2009 at 10:13 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Join Date: Mar 1, 2008
Location: Grasstown
Posts: 1435
That teleporter actually leads to a point near the bottom of the final section of the Labyrinth.

I think simply missing the appearance of Booster would be better – the movie could even show Booster fall down there, and then along come Quote and Curly to hop over the pit, oblivious of the fact that he is down there.
 
Apr 7, 2009 at 10:35 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: Arcane Sanctuary
Posts: 1472
Age: 34
Celtic Minstrel said:
That teleporter actually leads to a point near the bottom of the final section of the Labyrinth.
Y'know, I thought that saying "minor script change" once would be enough...

Celtic Minstrel said:
I think simply missing the appearance of Booster would be better – the movie could even show Booster fall down there, and then along come Quote and Curly to hop over the pit, oblivious of the fact that he is down there.
Yeeeah... sometimes I overthink everything I can, just out of habit.
 
Apr 17, 2009 at 3:35 AM
I can has squidburger?
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Join Date: Sep 14, 2008
Location: Walrus World
Posts: 321
Hey all!
Yeah... I've stopped working on the script. Sorry :(
I had a couple of good ideas, and I'm good at writing and editing. I loved writing the Core scene but honestly it was just too overwhelming to write the whole thing.
I'd love to help someone else if they wanted to continue with this thing, though. :)
 
Apr 17, 2009 at 1:54 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: Arcane Sanctuary
Posts: 1472
Age: 34
Hi innocent, thanks for the news. So, does anyone here want to continue with the script? I'd take a shot at the thing, but I won't have enough free time until June. Damned school-leaving exams...
 
Apr 25, 2009 at 5:23 PM
Junior Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Join Date: Apr 5, 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 11
I want to continue it. I really do. That's why I made a new opening scene for the movie. I know this scene isn't showed in the game itself, but the characters do speak about it, and it feels like a really important event in the life of Mimigas IMO.

I'm sure someone of you will not like the idea to have something in the movie, that doesn't really happen in the game, but I don't think the movie should follow THAT precisely the game. And furthermore, it's good for a movie to have an opening scene that really makes the viewers want to see more.

So anyway...http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dcqkkh7v_1j9zrsxch please read it and tell me do I even have the potential to continue the writing. Thank you.
 
Apr 25, 2009 at 11:42 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: Jul 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 6213
Age: 38
Cabadath said:
I want to continue it. I really do. That's why I made a new opening scene for the movie. I know this scene isn't showed in the game itself, but the characters do speak about it, and it feels like a really important event in the life of Mimigas IMO.

I'm sure someone of you will not like the idea to have something in the movie, that doesn't really happen in the game, but I don't think the movie should follow THAT precisely the game. And furthermore, it's good for a movie to have an opening scene that really makes the viewers want to see more.

So anyway...http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dcqkkh7v_1j9zrsxch please read it and tell me do I even have the potential to continue the writing. Thank you.
I like it. Continue.
 
Top