Movie script

Jul 15, 2008 at 5:50 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
JacobX891 said:
There are hundreds of remixes of the CS music, when we find the right blend and sh*t then we'll be good to go.
And 100 Last Battle, Moonsong and Plantation remixes are worth jack all when you need something like a Jenka's Theme track. Also what we need more are remastered songs rather than remixes, they need to sound like they were done with real instruments, which is very few. Now cut out all songs that do not fit the movie and then the ones whose artists won't or can't give permission for you to use their songs. What are you left with? Barely anything. The few songs we would have wouldn't flow well with the movie.

Jul 15, 2008 at 1:04 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Roonil Wazlib said:
And how do you propose we make the new ones?
Um... Find somebody who knows how to do that?

Jul 15, 2008 at 1:21 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
T-Jack said:
Exactly. Instead of searching for tracks we should seach for the artists that made those tracks and ask for help. But music is the lowest of priorities and would be the very last thing we would need to deal with.

Also those japanese signs are being a pain to obtain, so tomorrow then.

Jul 15, 2008 at 1:25 PM
In front of a computer
T-Jack said:
Soooo... What about music score? Y'know, things like "Should Balrog's theme play whenever he's onscreen?" and "Will the background music copy that of the game?". And I think there should definitely be a piano solo at the end of the ending credits...
As others have said, we shouldn't use the tracks "as-is". They need to be remixed. MIDI would work, but it would be even better if the MIDI could be converted to an MP3 using either sampled sounds or a more complex synthesizing "program" than Quicktime's. Such as the ones in GarageBand (which is Mac-only, of course).

T-Jack said:
Um... I know something about it, but I don't think I'd be willing to redo the entire Cave Story soundtrack. Maybe one or three, but not the whole thing.

Jul 15, 2008 at 3:11 PM
This Troper
Celtic Minstrel said:
As others have said, we shouldn't use the tracks "as-is". They need to be remixed. MIDI would work, but it would be even better if the MIDI could be converted to an MP3 using either sampled sounds or a more complex synthesizing "program" than Quicktime's. Such as the ones in GarageBand (which is Mac-only, of course).

Um... I know something about it, but I don't think I'd be willing to redo the entire Cave Story soundtrack. Maybe one or three, but not the whole thing.
Do you mean not using the beepy .ORG files or the remixes that can be found on the Net? Yeah, no objections on that. MIDI's good for composing, but I don't think it would be wise to use them for the film.
Quicktime? Don't know about that. I use jetAudio and the MIDI sound about right with that.
Well, whatever, I'd only encourage everybody willing to help to already start composing their remixes.
Now that reminds me: Does the film music get adjusted to fit the scenes or vice versa?

Jul 15, 2008 at 10:18 PM
In front of a computer
I mean not using the beepy .org files. Quicktime actually has a reasonably good set of musical instruments for MIDI, but samples would produce a different sound (and could probably use a MIDI to generate them).

I believe film music is fit to the scenes rather than the scenes fit to the music.

Jul 15, 2008 at 10:24 PM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Well, I'm back, at least for tomorrow. Thursday I head off for Arizona, so if you have a question, ask before tomorrow evening.

Oh, and to answer the music question, SoundTeMP.
(If you don't know who they are, they did the BGM for Ragnarök Online)

Jul 15, 2008 at 11:37 PM
This Troper
200 pages! Whoops! Too early...

Atravir said:
Well, I'm back, at least for tomorrow. Thursday I head off for Arizona, so if you have a question, ask before tomorrow evening.
Yeah, I asked some questions earlier:
T-Jack said:
That reminds me: How does Curly get out of the Island? Does she take part in the final battle (and even more burden Kazuma's dragon)? And does Momorin get to know about her?

Jul 16, 2008 at 1:21 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
T-Jack said:
Do you mean not using the beepy .ORG files or the remixes that can be found on the Net? Yeah, no objections on that. MIDI's good for composing, but I don't think it would be wise to use them for the film.
Quicktime? Don't know about that. I use jetAudio and the MIDI sound about right with that.
Well, whatever, I'd only encourage everybody willing to help to already start composing their remixes.
Now that reminds me: Does the film music get adjusted to fit the scenes or vice versa?
Don't see how vice versa would work. That is the other reason why music isn't a priority right now, because there are no visuals/scenes/whatever to adjust it to. Though any artists who wants to contribute can just ask, then we can come back to you when we have something to work with. If Atravir didn't take so many vacations. ;)

Page 200 btw.

Jul 16, 2008 at 2:15 AM
This Troper
andwhyisit said:
Don't see how vice versa would work. That is the other reason why music isn't a priority right now, because there are no visuals/scenes/whatever to adjust it to. Though any artists who wants to contribute can just ask, then we can come back to you when we have something to work with. If Atravir didn't take so many vacations. ;)

Page 200 btw.
How would vice versa work? Well, I've never made a movie before, but I'm sure it's "easy" to cut the scenes or rework them to keep up to the pace and rhythm of the music. Especially in an anime movie.

By this moment starts a great race to the #2000! Who's gonna win the grand prize: the Level-proof Nemesis?! It can be you! Or you! Or even you! Join now!

Jul 16, 2008 at 2:29 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
T-Jack said:
How would vice versa work? Well, I've never made a movie before, but I'm sure it's "easy" to cut the scenes or rework them to keep up to the pace and rhythm of the music. Especially in an anime movie.

By this moment starts a great race to the #2000! Who's gonna win the grand prize: the Level-proof Nemesis?! It can be you! Or you! Or even you! Join now!
Most scenes can sound and work better if you work the music to the film. Just give an artist a snippet of film and say "do this" or "do this but at this point do that".

Will you pay the shipping fees on the nemmy? ;)

Jul 16, 2008 at 4:39 AM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Will you pay the shipping fees on the nemmy?
Heck no! Do you know how much it costs to ship a fictional weapon from a parallel universe? That's like, 200 bucks!

Does she take part in the final battle (and even more burden Kazuma's dragon)? And does Momorin get to know about her?
Yes. And yes.

Jul 16, 2008 at 4:45 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
Heck no! Do you know how much it costs to ship a fictional weapon from a parallel universe? That's like, 200 bucks!
Fine I'll pay for the shipping, as long as I get my nemmy. ;)

Jul 16, 2008 at 7:22 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
andwhyisit said:
Fine I'll pay for the shipping, as long as I get my nemmy. ;)

You'll need to play a bit more in Australian dollars ^^;

Jul 16, 2008 at 1:08 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Sign text in English Cave Story:
graveyard1.gif

Sign text in Japanese Doukutsu Monogatari:
graveyard2.gif

xristosx said:
You'll need to play a bit more in Australian dollars ^^;
Who cares. NEMMY!!!!! :D

Jul 16, 2008 at 3:35 PM
This Troper
andwhyisit said:
Sign text in English Cave Story:
Sign text in Japanese Doukutsu Monogatari:
Um... I believe it was already said there was goin to be onlyone RL language, both spoken and written...

andwhyisit said:
Who cares. NEMMY!!!!! :D
Calm down, man. You haven't won yet.

EDIT: And hey, no doubleposting, everyone!

Jul 16, 2008 at 11:57 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
T-Jack said:
Um... I believe it was already said there was goin to be onlyone RL language, both spoken and written...
Nope, signs were going to be in either Mimish (gibberish words or some cipher) or Japanese. I just decided to grab the Japanese text for the signs used in both the game and the movie. Everything else was to be in English.

Jul 17, 2008 at 12:00 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
T-Jack said:
EDIT: And hey, no doubleposting, everyone!
I can't double post? :p
But then I can't get my nemmy. *cries*

...wait a minute. :D

Jul 17, 2008 at 12:10 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
JacobX891 said:
YOUR Nemmy? Don't you mean MY nemmy?
Show me a video of you using it when you get home. :D