Movie script

Jul 11, 2008 at 6:47 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Roonil Wazlib said:
And Curly's reaction to seeing her name on it?
The only logical reaction would be taking the hat. Or maybe Quote will convince her it's his hat after all (but how would he do that?).
JacobX891 said:
Wait a second, should the Gaudi speak English or will Quote's translator kick in?
Gaudi's not in the movie.

Jul 11, 2008 at 6:50 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
T-Jack said:
The only logical reaction would be taking the hat. Or maybe Quote will convince her it's his hat after all (but how would he do that?).

Gaudi's not in the movie.
1. What about her taking it for a bit and then calming down once he leaves and chucking it back to him?

2. They are, but I dun think they speak.

Jul 11, 2008 at 6:58 PM
This Troper
Roonil Wazlib said:
1. What about her taking it for a bit and then calming down once he leaves and chucking it back to him?

2. They are, but I dun think they speak.
1. Nah, once he leaves it cuts immediately to Quote and King going to Jenka's place. Also, it would make absolutely no sense. Curly either doesn't take it at all, returns it before he leaves or returns it in the Labyrinth.

2. Oh, you mean all the bugs, not just that one... No, they don't say anything.

Jul 11, 2008 at 7:06 PM
Respwnt
T-Jack said:
1. Nah, once he leaves it cuts immediately to Quote and King going to Jenka's place. Also, it would make absolutely no sense. Curly either doesn't take it at all, returns it before he leaves or returns it in the Labyrinth.
It would. It's a common anime cliche that when you expect a character to get completely pissed at some event and the other guy is all emo apologising, and for a second the guy lets the anger loose, but then he calms down rather suddenly.

Also, looking at all the scientific evidence (I decided to go through the CS Science thread again :D), I think Quote's hat should never be taken off as it's most likely attatched to his head.

Jul 11, 2008 at 7:19 PM
This Troper
Roonil Wazlib said:
I would, it's a common anime cliche when you expect a character to get completely pissed at some event and the other guy is all emo apologising, and for a second the guy lets the anger loose, but then he calms down rather suddenly.

Also, looking at all the scientific evidence (I decided to go through the CS Science thread again ), I think Quote's hat should never be taken off as it's most likely attatched to his head.
1. Okay... I don't know anime cliches, so I'll not argue about that one.

2. First I wanted to say that was bullshit, but then I imagined that scene again:
Curly: GIVE IT TO ME NOW!
Curly grabs the hat, but it acts as it was firmly attached to Quote's head. In result, she drags his head around as well. When she pulls on the hat strongly a few times, she let's go, confused. Quote falls on the ground.
Curly: Or maybe you didn't steal it after all.
Quote: *stands up* Yes! That's what I was trying to tell you.

Jul 11, 2008 at 7:30 PM
Respwnt
T-Jack said:
1. Okay... I don't know anime cliches, so I'll not argue about that one.

2. First I wanted to say that was bullshit, but then I imagined that scene again:
1. Oro?

2. I meant completely avoiding a situation where the hat might have to come off. :rolleyes:

In fact the only thing that really makes sense to me is that Curly is all out to kill Quote before seeing the name on the hat. She's already really pissed at Quote, making her any more pissed is just cheesy and unnatural IMO. She already knows she's a robot when you visit her in the Sand Zone, therefore her putting two and two together upon seeing her name on Quote and guessing he was her companion before amnesia is not absurd.

I'm too lazy to write it as a script and it'd suck anyway, but my imagination of the scene is that Quote stands in the middle of the room and Curly runs at him to attack, then suddenly the camera zooms into the name when she's close enough and she comes to a complete halt, and you know the rest.

Jul 11, 2008 at 7:45 PM
This Troper
Roonil Wazlib said:
1. Oro?

2. I meant completely avoiding a situation where the hat might have to come off. :rolleyes:

In fact the only thing that really makes sense to me is that Curly is all out to kill Quote before seeing the name on the hat. She's already really pissed at Quote, making her any more pissed is just cheesy and unnatural IMO. She already knows she's a robot when you visit her in the Sand Zone, therefore her putting two and two together upon seeing her name on Quote and guessing he was her companion before amnesia is not absurd.

I'm too lazy to write it as a script and it'd suck anyway, but my imagination of the scene is that Quote stands in the middle of the room and Curly runs at him to attack, then suddenly the camera zooms into the name when she's close enough and she comes to a complete halt, and you know the rest.
1. Oro.

2. I thought that was what you wanted. Now I'm confused...

But hey, that's already solved. As Quote enters "Wineglass", Curly shouts something like "Stop right there, mister" so she's too far away to see the text clearly. Then she's too busy shooting him in the face unless she pinpoints him on the ground and just as she's about to kill him she notices Teh Hat.

Realising that they were a team surely screws up with the plot. But there surely is a way around this. She doesn't want to get back to her former life of killing machine...

Jul 11, 2008 at 7:59 PM
Respwnt
T-Jack said:
1. Oro.

2. I thought that was what you wanted. Now I'm confused...

But hey, that's already solved. As Quote enters "Wineglass", Curly shouts something like "Stop right there, mister" so she's too far away to see the text clearly. Then she's too busy shooting him in the face unless she pinpoints him on the ground and just as she's about to kill him she notices Teh Hat.

Realising that they were a team surely screws up with the plot. But there surely is a way around this. She doesn't want to get back to her former life of killing machine...
1. Oro?

2. I'm the one who's confused. When there are so many opinions flowing through the forum, my brain picks those that seem to sound good, so you will often see me going 1+1=2 at the end of the thread who's beginning I flooded with posts in which I claimed that such an equation can't exist.

3. & 4. Curly thought she might have been a mimiga butcher before she lost her memory. If that thought haunted the average mind, then surely he/she would be too freaked out to go near a mimiga again, but Curly spent 10 years with the Korons and brought them up like a mother. This shows Curly's strong character and her desire to forget the past and atone. Also, Quote has the height of about a five-year-old (as DB pointed out in the science thread) and the only thing about him that would make him seem a killer is the Polar Star he held. When Curly sees the name on the hat, she reconsiders and would judge that Quote was not an enemy as all he did was run around the house and not fire a single shot even though his life (or system O_o) was in danger.

Jul 11, 2008 at 8:21 PM
This Troper
Roonil Wazlib said:
1. Oro?

2. I'm the one who's confused. When there are so many opinions flowing through the forum, my brain picks those that seem to sound good, so you will often see me going 1+1=2 at the end of the thread who's beginning I flooded with posts in which I claimed that such an equation can't exist.

3. & 4. Curly thought she might have been a mimiga butcher before she lost her memory. If that thought haunted the average mind, then surely he/she would be too freaked out to go near a mimiga again, but Curly spent 10 years with the Korons and brought them up like a mother. This shows Curly's strong character and her desire to forget the past and atone. Also, Quote has the height of about a five-year-old (as DB pointed out in the science thread) and the only thing about him that would make him seem a killer is the Polar Star he held. When Curly sees the name on the hat, she reconsiders and would judge that Quote was not an enemy as all he did was run around the house and not fire a single shot even though his life (or system O_o) was in danger.
1. Oro.

2. I'm not sure what are you talking about. Actually, I'm not sure what's this discussion about anymore...

3. Uh... She didn't spend 10 years with them, she said she woke up (presumably the same way Quote did) and the children (Korons) were with her. However, that makes absolutely no difference about her character. The rest of your post, I agree with that, maybe except Quote's height. First, I always thought he was teenager-like. Second, he's the same height as Curly, so I don't know how that matters. After all, she fights him only because he's a "killing machine" just as she "was".

Jul 11, 2008 at 8:46 PM
This Troper
JacobX891 said:
Well in my script it says Make love to each other.
What did you guys give me? :rolleyes:
He saw through the plan! Abandon ship!

Jul 12, 2008 at 1:19 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Removing the hat for a short while is better, T-Jack's and Atravir's "GIVE MY HAT BACK!" scene fits very nicely with Curly's personality.

Besides I think the fans would be interested in seeing what Quote looks like without a hat, as long as it is only for a short while (which it is).

Jul 12, 2008 at 1:48 AM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Wow, you guys post so much even I stopped reading it. :rolleyes:

I'll be returning to Florida and will be gone for the next five days. No computer this time, though, so too bad. :D

Jul 12, 2008 at 3:15 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
Wow, you guys post so much even I stopped reading it. :rolleyes:

I'll be returning to Florida and will be gone for the next five days. No computer this time, though, so too bad. :D
Well can you tell me what signs from the game are in the movie before you go, pleeeeaaaaase.

Jul 12, 2008 at 4:22 AM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
So far just the one for the grave yard.

And I am gone!
*poof*
*smoke effect*
:rolleyes:

Jul 12, 2008 at 12:48 PM
This Troper
andwhyisit said:
Removing the hat for a short while is better, T-Jack's and Atravir's "GIVE MY HAT BACK!" scene fits very nicely with Curly's personality.

Besides I think the fans would be interested in seeing what Quote looks like without a hat, as long as it is only for a short while (which it is).
Somebody actually likes my idea. Woot!

IMO the fan reaction would be negative or mixed, but you may have a point. I actually posted that because I'd like to see how Curly looks like with the hat.
JacobX891 said:
I re-downloaded it and now it says Quote and King Make furious love to each other. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU PEOPLE GIVING TO ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Well, I'm beginning to believe he really can't read...

Jul 12, 2008 at 2:03 PM
Respwnt
T-Jack said:
Somebody actually likes my idea. Woot!

IMO the fan reaction would be negative or mixed, but you may have a point. I actually posted that because I'd like to see how Curly looks like with the hat.

Well, I'm beginning to believe he really can't read...
1. & 2.

I've already expressed what I think of that, so I'm leaving it at that. lolol

Toldja...

Jul 14, 2008 at 7:19 PM
This Troper
* ATTENTION PERSONNEL! Only 23 posts left until 2000! *

Soooo... What about music score? Y'know, things like "Should Balrog's theme play whenever he's onscreen?" and "Will the background music copy that of the game?". And I think there should definitely be a piano solo at the end of the ending credits...

Jul 15, 2008 at 1:40 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
T-Jack said:
* ATTENTION PERSONNEL! Only 23 posts left until 2000! *

Soooo... What about music score? Y'know, things like "Should Balrog's theme play whenever he's onscreen?" and "Will the background music copy that of the game?". And I think there should definitely be a piano solo at the end of the ending credits...
Forgot about musical score. But it will most likely be low priority for the moment.

All tracks will need to be redone then made to flow with the movie with even some custom tracks and some songs flowing into one another (e.g. Undead core fight will most likely have a dark track then will become the remade "Last Battle" track as Quote becomes more determined and starts winning).

I think I am becoming less and less surprised with the postcount of this thread.

I am still working on getting those sign names figured out, I will have something by tonight hopefully.

Jul 15, 2008 at 2:56 AM
This Troper
andwhyisit said:
Forgot about musical score. But it will most likely be low priority for the moment.

All tracks will need to be redone then made to flow with the movie with even some custom tracks and some songs flowing into one another (e.g. Undead core fight will most likely have a dark track then will become the remade "Last Battle" track as Quote becomes more determined and starts winning).

I think I am becoming less and less surprised with the postcount of this thread.

I am still working on getting those sign names figured out, I will have something by tonight hopefully.
Uh... I thought the score has the highest priority when making a musical...

Well, I like the MIDI versions linked to from the Tribute Website (hey, it sounds like piano!), if you wanted to know. And, um... yeah, custom tracks will be needed, too. For example, I can't imagine the movie version of the Curly Brace fight with any of the game's tracks.

That reminds me: How does Curly get out of the Island? Does she take part in the final battle (and and even more burden Kazuma's dragon)? And does Momorin get to know about her?

Sign names?