[MA Winner] <(Schism)> - Demo 1.0

Feb 20, 2008 at 12:46 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I played through the archives again in hopes of finding the secret, but I found a coupla bugs instead -.-

If you return to the Epoch Manor from the archives (I did it after fighting the Gaudi bosses) none of the exits work and the exit to the balcony makes you fall off the map O.o

This one is rare but in the second boss fight with Enigma, if you lure him to the platform above, you get smashed into the ceiling and over the map if he jumps from there with you standing over him.

Oh, sorry for the lack of screenies, I was so engrossed in looking for the secret that forgot to save 'em :D.

Feb 20, 2008 at 1:26 PM
Justin-chan
Sorry for the lack of sprite updates Xaser, I have exams next week. D:

Feb 22, 2008 at 8:58 PM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Roonil Wazlib said:
I STILL haven't found da fuxorin secret. Any hints guys?
Let's see... How can I put this without being too obvious about it?

Oh, yeah... Riddle format!
Before she goes back to New Fork City,
With her weapon power maxed,
She discovers a spot below the prison,
And a grating she must blast.

(Yeah, It's not much of a rhyme, but I tried, at least...)
If this didn't help, Roonil Wazlib, you can PM me and I'll send you the entire answer.

Feb 22, 2008 at 10:01 PM
"Huzzah!"
@Impulse: Exams first. Trust me... forgetting to study is a nightmare and a half on steroids. No problem, then. :p

@Roonil: Odd... I've never tried Epoch after the Archive fight, but I *think* I might have an idea as to what's up (I think I forgot to unset a certain generic flag I used in the Mansion or some such). I'll give it a look-see soon enough.

I suddenly realized that I have more free time at school than I thought, and I have a computer class where the teacher won't mind... I think I'll take Schism up there and work on it from my flashdrive... I'll actually have more time to work on it *because* of school, oddly enough. :D

Feb 23, 2008 at 9:04 AM
Justin-chan
I usually don't study. D:

I can't find the secret either. T_T

Feb 23, 2008 at 9:52 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Secret? Where?

Feb 23, 2008 at 11:17 AM
Justin-chan
Theres a secret ending to Schism.

Feb 23, 2008 at 12:26 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Found another bug in the Escher fight; he will sometimes run past the barriers. Also I'm not sure if I or anyone mentioned this but Kate's weapon gets deleveled too for some reason (seems a bit odd since it was never lost). Also there may be a way to script that one fight with the Gaudis in the room with the Missile Launcher so that it runs 'properly', but it would be very complicated.. but I guess no worse than scripting walls of <ANP and whatnot :p .

Feb 23, 2008 at 1:34 PM
Justin-chan
I think it involves alot of FLJ's. Like, FLJ from this Gaudi to that Gaudi, if that Gaudi is dead, then FLJ to another Gaudi, if that Gaudi is still alive, leave it alone. If it dies, add a FLAG. Quite complicated and might not work. Hard to test for bugs because you need to kill the correct order of Gaudis each time to test.

Feb 23, 2008 at 9:28 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
jcys810 said:
I think it involves alot of FLJ's. Like, FLJ from this Gaudi to that Gaudi, if that Gaudi is dead, then FLJ to another Gaudi, if that Gaudi is still alive, leave it alone. If it dies, add a FLAG. Quite complicated and might not work. Hard to test for bugs because you need to kill the correct order of Gaudis each time to test.
Really? I, too, thought about using flag jumps at first, and it shouldn't be that complicated. But then it's been months since I last did any scripting for CS, so I might be missing something here.

Here's how I'd do it (using a gaudi duo example), in make believe fairy faux code:

() are comments.
[] are chunks of scripts.
It is assumed that each gaudi has a flag assigned to it.
Code:
#100 (the event that starts the battle)
[set up battle]
[set each flag that represent each gaudi]

#101 (run when gaudi 1 dies)
unset gaudi1 flag
run event 103

#102 (run when gaudi 2 dies)
unset gaudi2 flag
run event 103

<if flag(gaudi1) set, jump to event 104
<if flag(gaudi2) set, jump to event 104
[after battle script]

(empty event, does nothing)

Or even easier (if the <ECJx:y command works as I think it might):

Code:
#100 (run each time a gaudi is killed)
<if there is an gaudi npc present - jump to event 101
[after battle script]

(empty event)

EDIT: Oh, I forgot. I finally got around finishing your mod (several weeks ago, I forgot about commenting), Xaser. It was very good. Lots of fancy pants Workshop tricks and such.
The city area seems to be the mod's weakest point. The music sounds distorted (it's not supposed to be, I notice after extracting the org) and the slopes are, notoriously, ugly.

Feb 24, 2008 at 3:06 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Something like this, yeah, except that instead of having to kill enemies in a certain order, I was thinking of having <FLJ scripts for every possible outcome... like I said, lots of scripting, but no reason that it shouldn't work, although if this thing Orfvar is suggesting works that would be much faster.

Feb 24, 2008 at 3:43 PM
"Huzzah!"
Actually, Orfvar, your solution sounds like it just might work. I tried <ECJ the first time around and I couldn't get it to work right, but your first solution should be easy enough to do. I've got the flags to spare, so...:confused:

Also, thanks for your comments! I did notice that the music doesn't quite come out right in-game... I think I know what the trouble is, though. Apparently CS assumes your .orgs have the percussion instruments in a certain order (Bassdrum, Snare, HatClosed, HatOpen, Tom, Perc01), but for some reason my .org has the Open and Closed hats swapped around. It works fine in OrgMaker but the game hates it. How nice. :p

The slope bug *is* irritating as heck... I'm leaving it as-is now until a wacky, insane solution is devised. The rest of the city is supposed to look weird as hell though, so don't worry about that one. :p

Feb 24, 2008 at 4:46 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Xaser said:
until a wacky, insane solution is devised.

Swapping the instruments in the org files? Is that wacky enough? >_> <_<

Feb 25, 2008 at 6:52 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
Give all the Gaudi the same ID, then use the "if entity x is present" and a flj on the chest.
Ie.
0100:If entity 0101 (any one of the Gaudi) is present, jump to 0101, "Get the item"
0101: "A charm has been placed on the box."

If there is no entity 0101, then the chest just opens.

Code:
#0100 <KEY<ECJ0101:0101<MSG<AM+0001:0020<GIT0001Got the =Snake=!<NOD<CLO<END
#0101 <KEY<MSGA charm has been placed on the box...<NOD<CLO<END
And for posterity, the Gaudi are Entity 0101.

May 8, 2008 at 4:16 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
hi love your game it funny!! it cant do more in the game! i have get the "gun! :/ and the "automap"

May 10, 2008 at 3:45 PM
Respwnt
marcoaslak said:
hi love your game it funny!! it cant do more in the game! i have get the "gun! :/ and the "automap"
Not sure what you mean by "gun", but

You'll get the map by exploring and hopping around in the New Fork City =D

May 10, 2008 at 5:58 PM
Justin-chan
I think he got the map already.

I think he wants to know where to go next, I don't have the mod in my computer now, and its been a long time since I played it, but you I think you have to jump through a block in the inn.

May 11, 2008 at 7:13 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
This. Thread. Is. Alive!!!!

Edit from teh future -
Hole is in ceiling baitehwae...