King: Strife and Sacrifice (AKA King's Story)

Mar 27, 2011 at 7:01 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I only just played through the game extensively for this demo and realised I missed alot of dialog if you talk to certain mimigas multiple times, the one that will trade something for golden flowers. Is that in it yet or is that a "i'll do it later".

Also I feel slow only now realiseing that letter is from Kanpatchi.

Mar 27, 2011 at 3:49 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
That's implemented currently, but it's super secret so like, I can't tell you how to do it.

Mar 27, 2011 at 4:08 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I opened it up with CE but I could only edit the last map lol.

Mar 28, 2011 at 9:59 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
damm, must of hid it well.
I've looked everywhere and cant find it.

Mar 28, 2011 at 10:06 PM
"Huzzah!"
WHAT?????? i finished the demo and i was like FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :D:muscledoc::muscledoc::muscledoc: :muscledoc::muscledoc::muscledoc::muscledoc: :muscledoc::muscledoc: :muscledoc::muscledoc::muscledoc:

so short... yet so much fun.

Mar 28, 2011 at 10:12 PM
Been here way too long...
Are you sure you found everything? ^^

Mar 29, 2011 at 7:47 AM
"Huzzah!"
Lace said:
Are you sure you found everything? ^^

i found two life capsules... i didnt find anything interesting besides that.
i activated the big generator, it showed a cut scene with yuki and it was over.
edit :my second time i found bubbler soap... but nothing more than that.
did i miss something?
edit : - i found some bugs...
i took the profile and gave myself the booster...
when you go to the ma pingom room, it crashes and says DR.
how weird? haha...
and also, when your father wakes you up when the drilling starts, and you avoid the flag jump and just go to the hermits cave, when you come back its all good... but you cant continue because it says.. "wait, is that mom?" and than when you go to your mom it just doesnt do anything like she has no entity script..

Mar 29, 2011 at 5:29 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Voyce said:
when you go to the ma pingom room, it crashes and says DR.
how weird? haha...
and also, when your father wakes you up when the drilling starts, and you avoid the flag jump and just go to the hermits cave, when you come back its all good... but you cant continue because it says.. "wait, is that mom?" and than when you go to your mom it just doesnt do anything like she has no entity script..

One, you're not supposed to be able to get to Ma Pignon's room so I deleted it, which explains the crash. Two, can you please explain in detail how you "avoid the flag jump" because this is a bug that has been bothering me for a while and I don't understand how people are causing it

Mar 29, 2011 at 5:59 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Voyce said:

I'm guessing it's very easy to break a bunch of the game if you just go and give yourself an item you're not supposed to have yet.

Mar 29, 2011 at 6:03 PM
"Huzzah!"
Noxid said:
One, you're not supposed to be able to get to Ma Pignon's room so I deleted it, which explains the crash. Two, can you please explain in detail how you "avoid the flag jump" because this is a bug that has been bothering me for a while and I don't understand how people are causing it

i read in this topic that you can skip it... i went on the tile below the trigger, on its very edge and jumped to the right... it took me a bunch of tries.. but it worked. i cant seem to get it now tho.
to avoid this bug you simply got to make the flag jump that occurs on hermits cave with the first cthulu whisper, have the same flag that makes the drill come down to the village when youre out of your house. ill try doing that again and tell you in exact.

btw: is there anything like.. "secret" that i missed?

Mar 29, 2011 at 6:45 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Probably just one thing that I can think of that you missed, as far as collectibles go.
It's a secret though, in fact the most secret of all secrets that exist so far.

Mar 29, 2011 at 7:03 PM
"Huzzah!"
Noxid said:
Probably just one thing that I can think of that you missed, as far as collectibles go.
It's a secret though, in fact the most secret of all secrets that exist so far.

collectibles? its an item?

Mar 29, 2011 at 7:10 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Yes, it's an item, and it can be found in Mimiga Village, but I don't want to say where or what..

Mar 31, 2011 at 11:37 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
finaly... found it, just took me jumping around in fustration to get it.
I wont spoil it for anyone elce though.

Apr 1, 2011 at 7:03 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I think it starts by a B and ends by a T. Someone else told me he managed to get it but I still can't find it. Maybe if you don't light up the fire ?

Apr 1, 2011 at 7:06 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
protip check my posts in this thread

Apr 1, 2011 at 9:31 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
So, I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I have been a little quiet lately.
The truth is, I've been working on a pretty big project, but I didn't want to let anybody know unless I was absolutely sure it was feasible, lest people get their hopes up unnecessarily. With the forthcoming release of a 3D Cave Story on the 3DS, I have decided to challenge myself to bring my own mod up to that level (Well, at least, the level of 3D. It's a whole nother' story to get something on a cartridge >_>)

With the past year's advances in hacking technology (Doukutsu assembler, DLL Linking) I think that I just might be able to make this a reality. Unfortunately, it's probably going to push development back a while (again :)) as I need to convert all the characters and environments to 3D models. So far, I've only gotten one done as sort of a "Pilot model", which you can see here:
p82987-0-kingtiny.png

I figured, if I managed to get 2x engine together in time for CS Wii, I can probably get a working engine for this in time for CS 3D. However, I certainly haven't forgotten the whole fiasco with Nicalis last time, so this work is going to have to be 100% undisclosed, no distribution of my methods.

Anyway, I would like to ask you your opinions on this whole deal. I know it's going to take some time, but if you are with me on it then I am committed to delivering the best experience possible for my mod.

Apr 1, 2011 at 9:34 PM
"Huzzah!"
Noxid said:
So, I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I have been a little quiet lately.
The truth is, I've been working on a pretty big project, but I didn't want to let anybody know unless I was absolutely sure it was feasible, lest people get their hopes up unnecessarily. With the forthcoming release of a 3D Cave Story on the 3DS, I have decided to challenge myself to bring my own mod up to that level (Well, at least, the level of 3D. It's a whole nother' story to get something on a cartridge >_>)

With the past year's advances in hacking technology (Doukutsu assembler, DLL Linking) I think that I just might be able to make this a reality. Unfortunately, it's probably going to push development back a while (again :)) as I need to convert all the characters and environments to 3D models. So far, I've only gotten one done as sort of a "Pilot model", which you can see here:
p82987-0-kingtiny.png

I figured, if I managed to get 2x engine together in time for CS Wii, I can probably get a working engine for this in time for CS 3D. However, I certainly haven't forgotten the whole fiasco with Nicalis last time, so this work is going to have to be 100% undisclosed, no distribution of my methods.

Anyway, I would like to ask you your opinions on this whole deal. I know it's going to take some time, but if you are with me on it then I am committed to delivering the best experience possible for my mod.

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
:eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek:

go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 1, 2011 at 9:44 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Voyce said:
and also, when your father wakes you up

Thats arthur not his dad.

Apr 1, 2011 at 9:51 PM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Sounds like a pretty astounding idea Noxid, and wow, that'd really work with the CS engine?