Dreams and/or Cave Story

Aug 19, 2008 at 12:46 AM
Okay
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
The Mulletron said:
Aww, I envy you guys. I hardly ever dream about Cave Story. :D The most I ever get are just small snippets of dreams. But it might be because I spend so much of my time awake daydreaming about Cave Story. :)
I hope this changes at some point in my life. Maybe I should give lucid dreaming a try...
I exactly didn't know lucid dreaming before but I sometimes do it without my intention to do it!. You just have to think about it before sleeping for 30 min and while sleeping.

Aug 19, 2008 at 12:53 AM
He who lurks beneath the posts.
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Bah every time I do that is when I don't dream :). And if i do dream it's still about something unrelated :D.

Aug 22, 2008 at 10:17 AM
"Huzzah!"
I had a weird dream of cavestory last night the world was all pixlie like cave story went down an alley way fell into hell with booster 2.0 and spur and went crazy and after i bet ballos some of my friends (that cant beat ballos) came and started kicking him when his body was on the floor talk about weird! (= and the weirdest thing was the day after my friends that were bashing ballos acctually finished hell!!!!!!

Aug 22, 2008 at 1:41 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Bah, I don't this stuff can work for me. My subconscious just doesn't work in the right way to do it and I am bad at imposing thoughts and suggestion. Well at least now we get to know what Quote sounds like. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Aug 22, 2008 at 1:43 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I don't ever dream of Cave Story. Well, except for that day when I first started Cave Story. I assumed the role of Kazuma. After telling Sue that I'll resort to eating cockroaches if I have to, I started eating cockroaches. Surprisingly, I found them tasty, then I kept eating more and more.

I turned into a Gaudi ):

Then I woke up.

Dec 17, 2008 at 12:53 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
BUMP! bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmp bump bump

Okay, this is probably not related to CS, even though I've been playing more recently :p
It was just so intense of a moment in my dream that I wanted to share :
I don't think I want to try to recall my dream, it's like maybe I could but it could be hard... like pulling needles out of my mind :p No I don't think I want to try ;P
Anyways near the end of the dream is what I wanted to share lol

In my dream.. looking into a dark place that I had already been to,
I tried to look in there.. in this dark room, I tried to force it to be bright
to force it to show me what's in there

Then suddenly the darkness rushed at me, making my body a bit colder, and I saw something...
like a collection of images but nothing clear at all, more like flashing impulses of lights
but they kind of formed images, a face of someone I knew maybe? I think I shook off the crazy light for a sec
oh I forgot when I started to look into teh darkness I heard the sound of dripping, drop drip drop....
When hte darkness rushed forth I could hear it INTENSELY and LOUDLY DRIP DROP...
And the images I talked about were blinding because it was all dark, but kind of like burning images like if you open your

eyes into a bright light and looked at something then closed them that kind of burnt in image...

So anyways, after I shook the darkness off for a sec, I still hadn't really figured out what was in there, or what collection

of images I saw or the face of who I saw... seems familiar maybe...
Tried to go back in, or force it to truly brighten ...
That's when my body went real cold everything got totally dark, I think I stopped breathing and I got too worried to keep trying to force it to show me and I woke up lol

The events leading up to that dark dark room, was more dream stuff, think I was driving around in a van kind of vehicle or something,

although I was facing the wrong direction or something at first lol so watching the road backwards going blindly forward lol
Before that when I WAS near/at the dark place, but oh right... I think the person I had been with just got shot or something lol SO yeah that'd explain why I was jumping into this other vehicle to get away...

And that alley/the dark room I passed right by it on my getaway

got out of there, drove some place else, did some stuff which helped awaken my awareness so I could control what I was doing :p
That's when I started to feel compelled to see what was there, in that cold place. I was drawn to it.
And so then I went back, drove back to that place, although there were some other people nearby I had to wait to get past...
And finally that's when I stood before that dark room.
It was like... Looking through a doorway to a room, not actually inside the room, a few steps back. But maybe a window on the other side, but it was so

dark... and the more you looked the worse it got. yikes... lol
I felt a lot of fear or adrenaline or something when I tried to look into that place, it was awesome; but a little too scary for me

that DRIP DROP was so frigin loud, and the darkness was so completely absorbing...
lol wrote that speed writing as soon as I woke up since it was such a vivid experience... really insane. Never had one quite like that. I get the impression I was trying to look at some memory or some part of mind that I don't usually look or shouldn't look lol hmmm
Fun stuff :p If games were like this people would be freaking out

Wonder what happens if Quote were to regain his memory :o

Dec 17, 2008 at 12:09 PM
"Huzzah!"
This Dream was fuzzy but I remember I kind of like....well...it's hard to explain, because it's so foggy.

In the middle of a dream I picked up a red gun and started running through a dark cave shooting everything in sight. I really don't remember what they were, but they weren't critters.

I ran to the end and like.... bumped into an old guy.
He said something muffled and like pointed.
He pointed at 2 shady figures in the distance and then I ran at them, not knowing if friend or foe. As I ran they seemed to go farther and farther away, so I began to shoot at them because I could.
Missiles launched at me and yellow/blue blasts from each of them.
OH SH!

I woke up before impact..
There was a lot more details I missed, but as stated I forgot.

Nov 13, 2009 at 3:24 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Super-ultra-mega-hyper-bumpalicious!!!

Those of you more observant forumers may know of my occasional dreams about the forums, but last night I dreamed about Cave Story for the first time...

It started with Ballos and Jenka (who didn't look remotely like Jenka, yet somehow I knew it was her) drowning in hot lava, and somehow they escaped unharmed. At first I was just observing the scene from above, but then I was Ballos and I was walking through the halls of my school and Jenka was with me, trying unsuccessfully to bring herself to kill me due to my madness. Then we went into a classroom that was empty except for a doctor (not "The Doctor" from Cave Story, just a random doctor) and suddenly I was no longer Ballos, I was just me, and Jenka was now one of my teachers, and our roles were reversed (I was now trying to kill her, and I was actually physically trying, unsuccessfully). This is quite odd considering that this is a teacher that I really like. Anyway, the doctor kept me funny looks, and he eventually came over and was all like "WTF?" and then I woke up.

Yeah, good times...

Nov 13, 2009 at 5:56 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
My strange dreams.

Oh lord, the dreams I could share with you... although, some of you might get a little freaked out by some.

I can honestly say I've had CS dreams, one of me fighting Ballos in huge arena. It was awesome, yet really, really weird, becuase it was 3-d, and Balloes was HUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGEEEEE!
And I think I did, cuz the last thing I remember about that dream was a large shadow...and that was it. One thing I gotta say is that most of my dreams get interrupted, cuz I have to get up early for class.

Now for a more recent, and very bizarre dream.

To clarify, this happened two days ago, and I had gotten no sleep the last couple of days, which explains the dream. Okay, now on to the real deal.

(Oh, and I tend to have lucid dreams, so I have a lot of control over what happens, usually.)

In my dream, I woke up on a metal surface with several bandages on my chest. I got a horrible feeling in my gut that either something horrible had just happened or was about to happen. A few seconds later, a strange doctor walks in, wheeling in a large cylinder filled with liqued. I felt very afraid at what I thought was about to happen, so I got off and slammed the doctor into the wall and ran off, knocking over the large cylinder, breaking it. The stuff started to ooze and hiss and I saw the doctor yelling at me. After a while of running, I stopped, and checked myself, only to see that the bandages had somehow moved and where arranged like an X shape, with the center over my heart.
It was at this point things got rather strange, where I found myself in another room, this time playing a sonic game with a strange creature. After a while, I got up to go and found myself in a parking lot, with the doctor back, except he was more orangeish now, and looked very ill. He started to chase after me, and it was at that point that I woke up, completely and utterly confused.

I have no idea why I dreamt this, although, it wouldn't be the first time I've had strange dreams whose meaning I realize weeks later.

Oh, and on a side note, I didn't start lucid dreaming till about 8th grade, and it was also at that point where (and I didn't realize it at the time) my life started to change for the better.

It was my very first dream, that I had any sort of control and it simple, yet very powerful.

I was running down a spiral hallway filled with laughing and jeering shadows, and right behind me was some huge, well, thing, that I couldn't get away from. At one point, I got far away from it that I could stop for a bit and then I got tired of trying to run. Stupid as this may sound, I decided to face the thing head-on. It didn't stop coming and when it was almost on top of me, I somehow managed to smash the thing into dust and all the shadows disappeared. For some reason I felt satisfied at what happened, and extremely happy.

This one has a lot of meaning to me, and it's one of the few dreams that I remember in full detail and can even recall the entire scene, right now.

Okay, I'm good, you can continue on with whatever you were doing before this.

Nov 13, 2009 at 7:07 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Well i had a lucid cave story dream.

i was running from balrog and after a long time of running i realised i was dreaming i stopped and i somehow pulled a spur out from nowhere i charged it and shot balrog in the face and then i woke up!

Nov 14, 2009 at 10:58 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
brandonk said:
Well i had a lucid cave story dream.

i was running from balrog and after a long time of running i realised i was dreaming i stopped and i somehow pulled a spur out from nowhere i charged it and shot balrog in the face and then i woke up!

pics or it didnt happen </idiot>

Nov 14, 2009 at 4:03 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
I had a dream that my computer took crystal meth.

Nov 14, 2009 at 6:50 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
DimJim said:
I had a very odd dream. As in O_O odd.

Well, it started like this. I was sitting in my bed which was falling into the mouth of a dinosaur looking thing, but when I fell in I found myself standing in front of a food stand. There was a cube, a can, and a jar of mustard. I took the mustard. Then the dinosaur thing appeared again but I threw the mustard at it and it exploded. I then found myself falling, and when I landed I was in Grasstown. I found a whip and a bottle of water, and then everything faded out and I found myself in a forest with a trail leading down to an old cabin. I walked to the cabin door, and suddenly some weird green witch with a moon for a face busted through the door. I then threw a pizza slice at the witch, and she blew up. Then I realized that everything changed again, and I was standing at the base of what looked like the citadel from Half-Life 2. Then I found the cube from the food stand, which was a box. When I opened it, I found a small companion cube. When I woke up I found myself on my bed with my Ipod blaring podcasts into my ear.

I think I should stop listening to podcasts at night.

Ossum. I have not had CS dreams, but I did have a weird Dead Rising dream or too.

Nov 15, 2009 at 12:32 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
And thus Cave Story calls out for it's fans

Wow, there must be a case of Cave Story oriented dreams going around lately, but the one I had recently is probably the most loosely related of the recent ones mentioned so far…

It all started as I was petting a cat (Not a cat that I knew, though) who was inside my house's kitchen, sitting by the only window there. I decided to let it outside, but then I noticed another cat waiting outside (One of the two grey striped cats that follow me over here). The dream cat then transformed into a bald eagle (Yes, I know, it surprised me, too...) and the other cat jumped towards it as it flew away, but just ended up jumped off of the porch (Don't worry, it's not much of a drop, considering how cats can easily jump up onto & down from there).

Shortly afterwards, I walk around to the backyard & found a lot of people running around, as though they were all looking for something. After I made an almost complete 180° walk around the outside of the house, I met a woman with blonde hair & blue eyes named Vanessa, who turns out to be the one who organized the search parties. For some reason, her skin was unusually grayish, but very lifelike, & she was wearing some sort of swimsuit where the halter (For lack of a more accurate term... Darn it Dungeon Master!) suspends what little was below... It seemed as though it was a bit loose on her, as she occasionally kept pulling it back up into place as she told me about a special hat she had lost around here. Minutes after we met, she resumed searching for her hat. (I might have to edit that one particular detail out later, but we'll see...)

I go back inside through the door to the kitchen & found one of my cousins sitting at the table. I asked if he had met Vanessa before, & he said that he met her earlier in the day. He then asked me what I thought about her, & I said she was alright. He then stated, "How can you say that?", which led me to believe that there must've been an issue somewhere when they first met, but I didn't have the slightest idea what that was.

Meanwhile, the dream cut away to what I could only guess is a Megaman 2 mod or hack, as the lasers from Quickman's stage appear (It could've also been I Wanna be the Guy, but I'm not sure if those even appear in that game...), & after that was passed (With only a couple of screw-ups, so maybe it's not IWBTG), a room with 4 exits to the right (3 of them are blocked by the deathspikes from Cave Story) was entered. Naturally, the safest path was chosen, but then, for some reason or another, the 2nd main boss of Brain Lord appeared & pulled a Curtain Fire attack approach. Of course, there no getting though all that with just one life left, so things just faded out, back to the original point of focus of the dream.

I go back outside & notice a hat very much like the hat worn by "everyone's" favorite lead in Cave Story. Before I could get a closer look at it, however, some machine gun rounds are shot nearby the hat from someone riding what appeared to be a motorcycle. (It might've been the pink Motorbike in Cave Story, but then again, it was kind of dark outside, since the sun was setting, so I couldn't tell for sure). It turns out to be Vanessa, who is now in an outfit that's less revealing. After she comes to a stop, she literally jumps off of the vehicle, quickly grabs the hat, dusts it off a bit, & puts it on. Only now did it occur to me who she's like (Or even who she really could be, dare I say...). Before I could even say anything, she tells me goodbye & drives away. I find it hard to believe all of those people searching earlier (Who don't seem to be around the area anymore... Kind of odd how they just vanished all of a sudden) couldn't find the hat, especially since it was laying around somewhat out in the open.

Nov 15, 2009 at 12:12 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Well, my dreams are usually sequences of nonsensical events that shouldn't logically follow each other. A few nights back, one such event was that I was in a supermarket, where I found a Nintendo Wii (actually something that didn't look at all like Wii, but I knew it was one), on which customers could try out some games. And one of these games was, again, something that actually looked nothing like the real Cave Story, but I knew it was Cave Story nonetheless. The graphics were horrible and the game was unfinished. Even the first level (again, not the real first level) ended after one Bottomless Pit that was almost impossible to get over.

Nov 15, 2009 at 1:05 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
After reading this stuff, I got a little jealous because I'd never had a cave story dream :)

But then last night, my dream started to get Cave-story-y near the end. So perhaps there's hope yet!

So, for some reason or another, me, my stepbrother and my youngest brother had to take a road trip in some tiny car to drive up around baffin island (which for some reason I thought was in Alberta) so we could canoe all the way down to New Brunswick. I think it may have been some kind of trick on my youngest brother, since he's not very fit and would probably not make it (and my stepbrother and I don't like him very much)

So, after driving for a while, we get out in some large city (Perhaps Quebec city) and get something to eat. After wandering for a while, we end up in what I would describe as a chinatown with japanese instead of chinese people. Anyway, it was thoroughly crowded and we practically had to hold hands as my stepbrother led us through (Even though he had no idea where he was going, he just has that kind of "Let's get going" personality). Somehow we ended up in a Kareoke room, and I had to sit through some guy that looked like Bob Ross's terrible rendition of "What is love".

After we escaped the japanese area, we went in to Zellers to pick up some much needed supplies. I picked up a copy of the first season of Dragon Ball Z so we could scream "IT'S OVER 9000!" and entertain ourselves. At this point, I'm aware that it's not my youngest brother anymore that's with us but my younger stepsister. It's not like they changed, it was kinda in my mind that it had been that way all along. Anyway, My stepbrother eventually got us over to the electronics/video game section. I got a copy of dead rising for $5 because I'm a cheap-ass, and he got a stack of other games.
So, next we headed back out to the car. My stepsister got in on the right, and I, being none too pleased with my Stepbrother's driving on the way up, got into the driver seat so I could drive the rest of the way. However, it's a VERY small car, kinda like a smartcar almost in that it has only one row of seats. My stepbrother tries to get in over me (since he would have to sit in the middle) and somehow, throught the contortions, the door gets closed and the two of us are stuck pressed against each other.

There is a lull in the struggle, and somehow I become aware of some strange Diorama/alarm clock in my hands. It looks like a random pile of junk with trees and bits of wire and little buildings, but for some reason it relates to cave story, and I enter a small reverie depicting the various scenes it represents. The only one I remember is that you enter a shop and misery is the shopkeeper, and she's quite nice, but I know that *Something* happened to her to make her that way (It involved fighting a demon tadpole, if I recall).

After a bit, my stepbrother broke me out of my daydreaming by trying to crawl over me again. He was movin' and shiftin' and the little diorama thing was in danger. He was crushing it a bit and the pieces on top were getting bent. Suddenly, the alarm goes off, in a eerie broken type fashion, and my stepbrother (Who is no longer my stepbrother, but has changed to being my actual brother, an entirely different person) and I get transported into the computer world. But, it's not the cool kind of computer world like the matrix;
instead, we're just stuck sitting beside each other looking at whatever's on the screen and being limited in our interactivity with the outside world. My stepsister, who had ceased to be my stepsister but was now in fact Sue the human turned Mimiga (but still related to me) was trying to get us out and she had CaveEditor up. However, everybody knows that neither Sue nor any sister of mine is any good with a computer, so my hopes weren't too high. She sent some messages to us with some kind of blue-screen scrolling text, but she typed the whole thing out at once and it scrolled so fast I couldn't read a word.
Also, in this dream as in all my others, I had telepathy which I could use to communicate with her, but for some reason we usually forget to use it. Suddenly, we're taken to the Cave story world of my Diorama, where we are faced with a villain misery and I decide we gotta do whatever it was that was done to turn her good.

And this is where I wake up. That was way more entertaining than my last dream, where I just played Duck Hunt for an hour and then went to Shoppers drug mart.