Dreams and/or Cave Story

Apr 24, 2008 at 5:52 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Has anybody dreamt about Cave Story or something similar? lol
If so, share what you can recall!

I can't say I have really remember having dreams about Cave Story, but last night when I time-traveled to a distant future or past, I met up with these interesting magic using people [I couldn't use magic... and it would have been trouble if they found out I couldn't...]
Luckily, the toppled over machine I used to travel had a case of advanced technology equipment [one looked like a necklace with a crystal on it [glows]; it allowed me to select and emulate their type of magic].

The place I was in was pretty dense forest now, although before I had traveled though time it had been more of a developed city/residential area. I found out later that the humans I met up with had been on a risky mission to attack intelligent lizard-like/dragon creatures that now infest the land.

Well I showed up at a very odd time, since normally this deep into the continent was abandoned and nobody would travel to where they found me. But I managed convince them I was one of them or at least got them to take me with them as they reported this...

We headed out before they could start the planned attack. Used magic to ascend higher and higher above the ground [I noticed how the entire land was now like a jungle, and when we cleared the high region I was located past a cliff into a valley or large flat region] I saw abandoned buildings, traces of lost civilization were now ruins covered by the lush lanscape... (noticed a large waterfall when we went over the cliff)].

AND for the part that relates to Cave Story lol
Looking down while flying the whole time a large floating strip of land came into view, which was apparently their base; and it was now headed to an even larger full island in the sky [where they live]... to report recent events.

The island looked remarkably like a certain Cave Story island, but in full photographic detail :p

Sadly next I heard, "Time to get up!" or something and everything went blank.
All that just happened must have been about the last 5 to 10 minutes of my dream though... the rest is too blurred to recall... ;)

Apr 24, 2008 at 7:37 PM
Okay
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
That was amazing. You have a good memory to remember all of those details. I think I have dreamed about Cave Story but I can't remember anything.

I once have dreamed a strange dream . I met DoubleThink :p . Seriously . And we was talking about something but I can't remember anything else. I laughed when I got up.

Apr 24, 2008 at 11:04 PM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I once had a dream where I found a little blue orb thing that when activated, took me to other dimensions. It was really strange, and inconveniently I lost the little orb thing every time I warped. It started in Gotham City, went to some weird fantasy movie place (it was like a mix of LotR and Eragon), to Hyrule (I stole Link's hookshot), through the floating island (King followed me for some reason, as did Robin from earlier, although Robin later changed into Master Chief for reasons beyond my comprehension), to somewhere in the Pendragon series, to Hogwarts (I shot Harry with the hookshot :p), and to somewhere with Starfox. I never got home, but it was fun all the same.

Apr 24, 2008 at 11:14 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Well, you should try lucid dreaming, I should atleast :p
Hope it works ><'

I could hug Sue and shooting magicially fireballs at critters *zap*

Apr 25, 2008 at 1:22 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Well, you should try lucid dreaming, I should atleast :p
Hope it works ><'

I could hug Sue and shooting magicially fireballs at critters *zap*

i had a dream awhile back it was wierd, i was playing cavestory but the levels were different and the weapons had weird upgrades.... i cant explain much but it was a wierd dream,...... i barely remember dreams

oh you know about lucid dreaming eh? ;)
i've tried doing that and have been successful... at not doing much... lol
just practising making things appear and such... im not very advanced at it.... i should try and have a cave story lucid that would be awesome XDDDD
me and curly brace would be pwning things.. i must try it now :D

Apr 25, 2008 at 2:00 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I had a very odd dream. As in O_O odd.

Well, it started like this. I was sitting in my bed which was falling into the mouth of a dinosaur looking thing, but when I fell in I found myself standing in front of a food stand. There was a cube, a can, and a jar of mustard. I took the mustard. Then the dinosaur thing appeared again but I threw the mustard at it and it exploded. I then found myself falling, and when I landed I was in Grasstown. I found a whip and a bottle of water, and then everything faded out and I found myself in a forest with a trail leading down to an old cabin. I walked to the cabin door, and suddenly some weird green witch with a moon for a face busted through the door. I then threw a pizza slice at the witch, and she blew up. Then I realized that everything changed again, and I was standing at the base of what looked like the citadel from Half-Life 2. Then I found the cube from the food stand, which was a box. When I opened it, I found a small companion cube. When I woke up I found myself on my bed with my Ipod blaring podcasts into my ear.

I think I should stop listening to podcasts at night.

Apr 25, 2008 at 8:42 AM
Indie game enthusiast
Wow, I always find it interesting to hear other people's dreams; everyone has such completely different ones lol Argh, when are they going to invent the dream-recorder...

Lucid dreaming? Is that when you can control your dreams? I've had a couple of those that I sorta rememeber this year...
They are really random lol ... I'm having trouble remembering if they are part of the same dream or what actually... :

When things happen in my dreams that are outrageously bad, it seems like I am able to take control of the situation by actually realizing that I'm dreaming... You'd think I'd rely on logic or something to fix things after realizing that. Nah lol
I recall chanting mystical incantations in more than one dream to take control of the situation, and then I'd cause things to change or happen through my will [disguised as magic].
I still have a weakness to water though.. [I need to think Curly's Air Tank]

In one water dream, when I was drowning in water, I realized I should be able to breathe... but I guess I was too chicken in the end to take the chance I wouldn't be able to breathe and ended up waking myself up lol BUt I seriously remember thinking I can breathe.. I should be able to breathe...
To tell the truth, maybe any dreams where it's hard to breathe; it may be a good idea to wake up just in case your body is Actually in trouble lol

But yeah, lucid dreaming is a lucky and fun occurance. Having control in a place where you can cause anything to happen can be an entertaining thing...

... All this talk of dreaming, is making me yawn...

Apr 25, 2008 at 9:30 AM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Well, in one dream I heard CS music O.o. In order. Like Moonsong right after Scorching Back (I think those two were the tracks, yeah). I dunno how that happened because I never listen to em in order, it's normally one track on loop.

And I'm pretty good at lucid dreaming. In fact, when I first did it, I was totally bewildered coz I'd read it in a Jughead comic but never expected it to work. O_o

Apr 25, 2008 at 11:03 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I bet you jcys810's dreams would be nightmares to me...

Omg....

Roonil Wazlib said:
Well, in one dream I heard CS music O.o. In order. Like Moonsong right after Scorching Back (I think those two were the tracks, yeah). I dunno how that happened because I never listen to em in order, it's normally one track on loop.

And I'm pretty good at lucid dreaming. In fact, when I first did it, I was totally bewildered coz I'd read it in a Jughead comic but never expected it to work. O_o

OMG? WHAT IS LUCID DREAMING? SOUNDS COOL.

I wanna try :p

Apr 25, 2008 at 1:55 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
Metalogz said:
OMG? WHAT IS LUCID DREAMING? SOUNDS COOL.

I wanna try :p

yes of course you wanna know :p its so great when it works... the thing is i've only done it around 9 times since i started trying around november last year ._.
yeah im bad at it

if you wanna know more check out www.dreamviews.com

my favourite reality check is to check if you can breath through your nose while you have your fingers pinching your nose shut

Apr 25, 2008 at 2:58 PM
Respwnt
xristosx said:
yes of course you wanna know :p its so great when it works... the thing is i've only done it around 9 times since i started trying around november last year ._.
yeah im bad at it

my favourite reality check is to check if you can breath through your nose while you have your fingers pinching your nose shut

You can, if you put the right amount of force :p

Apr 25, 2008 at 4:33 PM
Luls
xristosx said:
yeah im bad at it

HOly sht...

Isn't that like... creating and playing your own RPG game in your head while you sleep? ZomFG I MUST TRY IT AIFNASODNIOANSDIONAISD

Apr 25, 2008 at 5:52 PM
Respwnt
Metalogz said:
HOly sht...

Isn't that like... creating and playing your own RPG game in your head while you sleep? ZomFG I MUST TRY IT AIFNASODNIOANSDIONAISD
It doesn't work all the time. And sometimes if you get too used to it, you stasrt creating things subconsiously. As in you know that you can drive the dream, but you don't realise that it's a dream (the first step is to realise that, generally).

Apr 25, 2008 at 6:34 PM
Luls
Roonil Wazlib said:
It doesn't work all the time. And sometimes if you get too used to it, you stasrt creating things subconsiously. As in you know that you can drive the dream, but you don't realise that it's a dream (the first step is to realise that, generally).

Oh no...

Is this a dream? Omg...

*loses sanity*

lol jking haven't started... sounds dangerous so I don't think I should X_x

Apr 25, 2008 at 10:42 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
JacobX891 said:
last night I had this wierd dream, and I can't remember parts of it, so I'll just jump to the (small) cave story part.
So yesterday I was playing cave story, trying hard to beat the (semi)final bosses (because I suck at the doctor's second form), and so in part of my dream, I was quote (in the 2D third-person style that Cave Story is made) and I was in the first cave (again), and suddenly out of nowhere the undead core just knocks down the entire back wall. Then I woke up. Sorry it's so goddamn short, but I get up at 5:30 A.M. to get ready for school.
THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. Somebody should make a mod where that happens right after you get the Polar Star.

Apr 26, 2008 at 12:59 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Though that floating island in your sig looks nothing like the one from CS.

Apr 26, 2008 at 1:13 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Roonil Wazlib said:

oh i do alot of checks before i do something...... i may regret
like shoot someone :p what else did you think i was saying?

Apr 26, 2008 at 4:24 AM
Indie game enthusiast
JacobX891 said:
lol... because of lucid dreaming now someone is gonna be trying to lucid dream, and think they're lucid dreaming when they're actually awake, and buy a gun and shoot someone.
I'm coming for you Jacob... but it's okay! I'm just Dreaming!
*MACHINEGUN EQUIPPED!*
*pinch* owwww.... oh right, the pinch test is a good test to see if you are awake or not *Unequips machinegun :p *

EDIT:
andwhyisit said:
Though that floating island in your sig looks nothing like the one from CS.
That comment seems random...
Use your imagination??? If you think about the Cave Story island from a 3d-perspective; there's a mountain on one side of the island... If you were viewing the island from the mountain side it could possibly look like that. It's not like we were given much information on what it really looks like... [one picture]
Just a single picture...
*steals picture*
p35007-0-cave.gif

The angle would be from the R of Story looking up towards that floating island...

Apr 26, 2008 at 5:37 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Ooh, I had a lucid dream once. The day before I played a game called Combat Zone, it looked really good but had one problem: After you pressed a button, it took the game 2 seconds to respond. My lucid dream went like this: I went to school, and everything started lagging like that. Cars slammed into people since their turning lagged, and people at school kept slamming into stuff. It was really funny.

Apr 26, 2008 at 8:55 AM
Respwnt
@ ris & Jacob
No I meant you recognise the signs only subconsiously. It's a bit hard to explain, so I'll begin by stating that in a dream you aren't really yourself, you may think of yourself to be, say, Quote or Curly; and even if you do remember that you are you and not Quote, you don't recall the memories of your RL that you normally would if you were completely awake.

The first step to complete lucid dreaming is to recover in this state wile still in the dream, and then prolly perform a check or two. But in semi-lucid dreaming, you never realise that the dream is absurd, you only know that you can make stuff appear or jump off a cliff unhurt. It's like having a lot of power, but no real control over it.

So you won't go shooting people in RL that way unless you're sleepwalking or on drugs. And semi-lucid dreaming, as I explained, will normally never let you remember to check. I dunno how to prevent it from happening, I just experienced it and I'm typing all the shit that I felt, but I've never actually read about it.

And since this topic is Dreams and/or CS, I'm gonna lay off CS for a bit more. :p

btw, has anyone ever felt that you're half awake with your eyes closed, but you can't move no matter how hard you try. Your brain impulses never seem to reach your body parts, and get deflected off instead because (it feels like) your instinctive and reflexive actions seem to stop you from moving at the last second. Am I the only one to have felt this?

And oh yeah, today I dreamt that my sis, who hates everything to do with CS, was listening to Ball of Ballos. O_o

Weird...