Dec 8, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
nxdoi fuCKIN play it or i'll cut u

Dec 26, 2013 at 7:42 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
EnlightenedOne said:
Cavern Tale Part-2.psp

I have ports for PS4, Linux, iOS, and the N64.

Ask and ye shall receive.
I know that Enlightened posted this a while ago, but I was wondering if I could get the iOS port

And wow Enlightened, you have added so much to the mod since I had last seen it

Dec 26, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Nyreal said:
I know that Enlightened posted this a while ago, but I was wondering if I could get the iOS port

And wow Enlightened, you have added so much to the mod since I had last seen it
Oh.. Uh… I didn't expect to see you here...

Cavern Tale P2 .ipa

Enjoy.

Dec 27, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Bombchu Link said:
I would like the N64 port plz.
Cavern Tale P2 .n64

_______
Does anyone have a virtual boy machine? I have a port for it but no way to test if it works correctly.

Dec 27, 2013 at 7:33 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Dropbox says the ipa isnt there
Are you able to go on skype enlightened?

Dec 27, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Nyreal said:
Dropbox says the ipa isnt there
Are you able to go on skype enlightened?
Look harder, you'll find it. ;D

Jan 12, 2014 at 5:52 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
This mod is nice! Although it was very hard, the comedy was well done.
One bug I noticed is, sometimes, when you're coming out of a room into the main level, a few nearby enemies will disappear. This happens with the midorin near the shack and the rolling near the power room. It looks a bit funny.

One suggestion I had:
Seeing as how the Doctor is now a Chef, maybe you could turn the Demon crown into the 'Legendary Toque' which grants the wearer supernatural cooking abilities. (Just a silly little thought I had.)

I am looking forward to more of this mod!
(I also have a Virtual Boy Advance software.)

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:11 AM
IdioticBaka1824 said:
This mod is nice! Although it was very hard, the comedy was well done.
One bug I noticed is, sometimes, when you're coming out of a room into the main level, a few nearby enemies will disappear. This happens with the midorin near the shack and the rolling near the power room. It looks a bit funny.

One suggestion I had:
Seeing as how the Doctor is now a Chef, maybe you could turn the Demon crown into the 'Legendary Toque' which grants the wearer supernatural cooking abilities. (Just a silly little thought I had.)

I am looking forward to more of this mod!
(I also have a Virtual Boy Advance software.)
The bug: The disappearing enemies is a sloppy script I put in to reduce the annoyance of surprise enemies attacking you as you enter the main village map. For some stupid reason I placed the procedure after the

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:09 PM
Oh, thanks.

This is annoying. How do you get past the Unspoken Room? Rather, how do you complete the Labyrinth?

Jan 16, 2014 at 12:44 AM
Goerge Bobicles said:
this is how

go to the menu and then load
Such blunt spoilers... ;)

Jan 16, 2014 at 2:09 PM
As far as I can see, which isn't much, the Labyrinth is not possible to complete.

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:20 PM
IdioticBaka1824 said:
As far as I can see, which isn't much, the Labyrinth is not possible to complete.
No, It's possible (and I'm not being sarcastic either).

If you are still stuck in the Unspoken room, all you have to do is restart the exe after closing it. The save file isn't overwritten, but rather in a loop until you turn off the game and play it again later.

If that doesn't work, then I probably messed something up.

Jan 17, 2014 at 12:31 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I like the mod a lot. I'm currently at the labyrinth. Though I have some criticisms, because, well it has problems. First off, I really like the changes you made, but they seem to be few and far between (not counting the over-abundance of spammed enemies). Not to say they aren't really cool once you find them, but it feels somewhat repetitive, like playing cave story again. Also, unfair difficulty curve. Just cause you reference to it, and say "Ha ha, look how much this must suck for the player" doesn't mean it isn't there, and that it's still not annoying. Maybe if you could leverage it somehow, so it doesn't feel like I'm just playing some 12 year olds difficulty mod for cave story. I mean, yes, it's funny, but there gets to be a certain point where the slight gags don't feel worth going through all the work, I mean only so much can hide behind the "Its a joke" or "It's a mod" veil. I generally try not to cheat because I feel like I'm not experiencing the mod the way it was meant to be played, but I genuinely considered just popping cave editor open and giving me everything. Sorry if I sound grouchy, I had 4 wisdom teeth taken out the other day, so I'm in a bit of pain, but I hope you still listen to the things I have said.

Jan 17, 2014 at 3:38 AM
I finally get some decent criticism, which is nice to get away from all the unspecified and questionable praise / how do you get past this one part.

Ultrasyther said:
I like the mod a lot. I'm currently at the labyrinth. Though I have some criticisms, because, well it has problems.
From the get-go you sound like you don't trust me. I'm not the exploding-into-rage type, so feel free to say what you want.

The mod definitely has problems, it was a mess of ideas I had before I realized other venues of modding, often with basic-design at the start because I knew little at the time (This was my first experience with modding).

Ultrasyther said:
First off, I really like the changes you made, but they seem to be few and far between (not counting the over-abundance of spammed enemies). Not to say they aren't really cool once you find them, but it feels somewhat repetitive, like playing cave story again.
That's always a problem with every mod that uses the original path as a base. I know that it's basically fake-difficulty with humorous edits crammed into the cutscenes more than the core gameplay itself (A major fault.)

Ultrasyther said:
Also, unfair difficulty curve. Just cause you reference to it, and say "Ha ha, look how much this must suck for the player" doesn't mean it isn't there, and that it's still not annoying. Maybe if you could leverage it somehow, so it doesn't feel like I'm just playing some 12 year olds difficulty mod for cave story.
Now you are again placing me in a worse light. That small bit with the Sandzone was the only time I referenced it like that, but I'm not neglecting the faults as "you don't understand", and that reference to the poor enemy placement was for the "Population Control" gag, nothing more.

Ultrasyther said:
I mean, yes, it's funny, but there gets to be a certain point where the slight gags don't feel worth going through all the work, I mean only so much can hide behind the "Its a joke" or "It's a mod" veil.
What veil? It is a joke, and it is a mod.

I make things for myself and others to enjoy, if they are not enjoying it, then why should I argue?

Ultrasyther said:
I generally try not to cheat because I feel like I'm not experiencing the mod the way it was meant to be played, but I genuinely considered just popping cave editor open and giving me everything.
The Fake-Difficulty was the only thing that I could think of back then to change the core-gameplay. To tell you the truth, I've been working a lot on short original mini-mods because I'm sick of making absurdist situations when I could be doing something completely new.

Ultrasyther said:
Sorry if I sound grouchy, I had 4 wisdom teeth taken out the other day, so I'm in a bit of pain, but I hope you still listen to the things I have said.
there's nothing wrong with criticism, I don't want to make bad mods. :)

Jan 17, 2014 at 4:19 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
I found a way to get back to jenka's house and go through the whole balrog/puppy mess again

Jan 17, 2014 at 6:11 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Thanks for taking my criticisms in stride

EnlightenedOne said:
What veil? It is a joke, and it is a mod.

I make things for myself and others to enjoy, if they are not enjoying it, then why should I argue?

The Fake-Difficulty was the only thing that I could think of back then to change the core-gameplay. To tell you the truth, I've been working a lot on short original mini-mods because I'm sick of making absurdist situations when I could be doing something completely new.
What I meant with the whole veil thing is that bad development can only be covered by so much before it just needs to be fixed. Speaking of which, are you actively working on this? Because if you are, you should probably iron out some things (Artificial difficulty). If you aren't that's okay I guess. Also, you kinda referenced it with the whole sandcrocs thing (though thats just nit-picking) so there were other places and it got crazy in some places, Grasslands just seemed ludicrous. For a first mod, good job.