Cavern Tale [The Museum Update]

Apr 3, 2014 at 1:49 AM
Off-screen redemption arc
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
(sigh) So, this wasn't a joke, huh? ...Okay. One question I have to ask, though. Can I use the retarded-Kazuma character? While playing through Grasstown, I felt really bad for Kazuma for how stupid he was, and it was quite endearing. Can I use his spirit in some of my mods?

Apr 3, 2014 at 2:23 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Whelp, some have seen through the guises, but just to dispel all misinformation the day after "April Fools".

Every single thing I said was the truth, a bit exaggerated and obnoxious, but still true.

This Mod has, in fact, been determined canceled for more than a week, and decided upon announcing it yesterday. Every one of the reasons listed have some truth to it, including the weird one's about Curly and Bombchu's similar ideas… yes.

If you liked the mod, then be glad that what I'm working on, though much less humorous and giddy, incorporates the best ideas originally planned for this, and with much more polish/forethought/hacking knowledge put into it.

If you hated it, then I can't argue, since I'm not that happy about how simple it all was (though I appreciated that people thought it was good).

If you don't care, well… go back to reminiscing about old times or something, cause it ain't getting any better I tell ya.

ThatPortalGuy said:
(sigh) So, this wasn't a joke, huh? ...Okay. One question I have to ask, though. Can I use the retarded-Kazuma character? While playing through Grasstown, I felt really bad for Kazuma for how stupid he was, and it was quite endearing. Can I use his spirit in some of my mods?
I guess. I don't legally own it and I don't see a reason to prohibit something like that.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2014 at 3:16 AM
Awesome.

Apr 3, 2014 at 3:40 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
EnlightenedOne said:
Whelp, some have seen through the guises, but just to dispel all misinformation the day after "April Fools".

Every single thing I said was the truth, a bit exaggerated and obnoxious, but still true.

1. I'm actually am a Latter Day Saint ("Mormon") member. It's not even really a big deal, It was just to seem like I was fooling people.

2. This Mod has, in fact, been determined canceled for more than a week, and decided upon announcing it yesterday. Every one of the reasons listed have some truth to it, including the weird one's about Curly and Bombchu's similar ideas… yes.

If you liked the mod, then be glad that what I'm working on, though much less humorous and giddy, incorporates the best ideas originally planned for this, and with much more polish/forethought/hacking knowledge put into it.

If you hated it, then I can't argue, since I'm not that happy about how simple it all was (though I appreciated that people thought it was good).

If you don't care, well… go back to reminiscing about old times or something, cause it ain't getting any better I tell ya.

I guess. I don't legally own it and I don't see a reason to prohibit something like that.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D: D: D: D:
p167794-0-nooooooooooospan.jpg

I swear that I will revive this when I finish SS

E:
I thought (and still do) that Suu No Monogatari wasn't the greatest, but I'm finishing it.

Apr 3, 2014 at 7:20 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
why are you guys so worked up about this being cancelled; enlightened is completely right when he said it doesn't reflect his skill as a modder
it'd be a ton of (pointless) work and effort to bring it up to his current level of expertise, so why bother, right?
in addition, why should you bother when he's stopped for so good a reason?

Apr 3, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
I agree. I think this is a good thing for him. :3

Apr 3, 2014 at 4:18 PM
Yeah, I know I wouldn't want to be stuck working on something I didn't like and didn't challenge me. Then again, at my current level of modding expertise, pretty much everything challenges me.

Apr 6, 2014 at 3:15 AM
Professional Whatever
(Edit: This was directed at parkraft, who evidently deleted his post because the obvious solution to making a mistake is trying to destroy the evidence)

Hey enlightened can you just give me everything you've been working on so I can make a remake of the mod that I don't actually know your opinion on yet?
I'll say thanks right now because i'm positive that you are going to give me what I need to bullshitcomplete your mod

Apr 6, 2014 at 3:42 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Yeah, if anyone was to finish this, it would be me.

I've beta tested the game for him, talked to him about it for at least a few hours, and know more about it then most/all of you.

I haven't flat out asked him, but if it would be anyone, it would be a friend who knows a lot/cares about it.

And just out of curiosity.

EnlightenedOne said:
I'm pretty sure that Bombchu unintentionally stole my grand ending idea, because it sounds similar to my plans.
What do you mean by that?

Apr 6, 2014 at 5:41 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
The difference here blink is that Enlightened is still around, unlike Shmitz and whoever made Curly's Story. On top of that, this one was actually canceled, whereas the other two slowly died. The circumstances aren't right for a revival except by enlightened himself.

Apr 7, 2014 at 7:33 PM
(I was on a mini-vacation this weekend so that's why I'm a no-show)

First off for Bombchu: If I mentioned what ending of yours were similar to mine, it would be spoilers for your secret project. :|

And another reason for cancellation I forgot to mention was because (and Bombchu knows this) my ideas for the next update were all over the place. When you have fifty-something ideas floating around your head for the Plantation and only one-or-two for the Sanctuary, then you know something is up. I've outgrown simply editing CS, and the last time I touched Cavern Tale was in January, since then I've been writing out Quote's Revelation while spending weeks on Carnage Clash's massive scripts (which is pending a rename).

I feel really good about what I'm doing now, and it is in my interests to work on that and new things then on Cavern Tale. I want, no, I need to expand and do better.

A release of information for a revival isn't in my current interests, so just keep working up your own mods, and patiently wait for what's upcoming. I still have plans...

Apr 19, 2014 at 4:08 AM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I noticed, cavern tale's banner got changed?

coughcoughsomethingcoughcough

Apr 19, 2014 at 4:23 AM
Try not to get your hopes up. The banner is still somewhat of an advertisement, so having a big red "canceled" sign over it for an indefinite amount of time will just look bad.

I changed it to a permanent design that differs from the usual update-style design while I was updating my signature. Nothing more.

Feb 14, 2015 at 6:32 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Sorry for refreshing this thread, but i have problem. I am in labyrynth. I don't go in room where is frog with knife, because i can't kill him or escape after death game is loading from this place. So i go kill Omega Monster and later is Booster but next room which is needed 2 persons i want go to Curly but she is gone. What i have to do?
And should i replace polar for panties and i don't know what i have to do with last puppy give for jenka or kept him?

Feb 14, 2015 at 6:51 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Mkbewe said:
Sorry for refreshing this thread, but i have problem. I am in labyrynth. I don't go in room where is frog with knife, because i can't kill him or escape after death game is loading from this place. So i go kill Omega Monster and later is Booster but next room which is needed 2 persons i want go to Curly but she is gone. What i have to do?
And should i replace polar for panties and i don't know what i have to do with last puppy give for jenka or kept him?
ok, the only way to get past the frog with the knife is to fully exit the game and turn it on again. please read the thread before asking these kinds of questions, because most likely someone has already asked your same question

Feb 14, 2015 at 7:29 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thank you very very much! :) and how can i get alien medal?

Feb 14, 2015 at 8:01 PM
Mkbewe said:
Thank you very very much! :) and how can i get alien medal?
The same way you do it in the Original game, you have to defeat Ironhead without getting damaged in the battle. (If you have gotten every special item before that, it should save right before the fight to allow you to retry).

But honestly, I have to say that you shouldn't worry about it. The optional fetch quest was planned for adding in a fourth ending, but since I never finished the mod, all you get is a slightly altered cutscene in the Outer Wall. It's not worth getting all the items because the big payoff was never made.

Feb 14, 2015 at 8:54 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thank you for help. Do you plan finish this mod? It's one of the best mods which i played :)

Feb 15, 2015 at 7:02 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I have one problem yet. How can i go to plantation? I am meeting Kazuya and what is next?