Cavern Tale [The Museum Update]

Feb 15, 2015 at 7:44 PM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Mkbewe said:
I have one problem yet. How can i go to plantation? I am meeting Kazuya and what is next?

The mod is unfinished...

you can't go to the plantation... the mod ends with a version of the bad ending....

You should probably browse this thread before asking these questions...

Jul 16, 2017 at 11:28 AM
"Huzzah!"

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2017 at 11:52 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I can assure you that this mod has long been dead. (this is a 2 year old thread...)

Jul 16, 2017 at 12:32 PM
"Huzzah!"

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 4:10 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
This is fun but i dont get what did quote do in the waterway cabin

Jan 9, 2018 at 4:16 PM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Jan 9, 2018 at 5:01 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
This is fun but i dont get what did quote do in the waterway cabin
It clearly states in the mod that Quote brushed Curly's Teeth in the cabin, and that's it.

Anyways now that this was bumped yet again, I may as well announce that the v3 bugfix/typo/lazy-ending update is for the most part complete, but I'm continually distracted to actually pushing it out to public. Maybe I'll shoot for April again.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 8:55 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Jan 9, 2018 at 11:50 PM
You were still working on it?!
I have some 2018 resolutions, except these resolutions slowly started last year and will (hopefully) pay off this year.

Jan 10, 2018 at 11:51 AM
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I'd be very glad to see this mod be finished!

Mar 3, 2018 at 2:37 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I can't wait. how long have you held this back to work on other mods?

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2018 at 5:14 AM
There's a lot of stuff on my plate, and this mod isn't a priority because it's really not that good at all. I feel like my later mods (including the short ones) are more worthy of my time than a literal CS-but-different.

The bugfix/typo/lazy-ending update exists and is backed up privately, it was about 3-4 days of work but still missing some credits content and weapon fixes I've been avoiding. I do eventually post any work I end up doing so it's a matter of time before I decide to sit down and do the last few things on the list.

I'm a little behind schedule with some other stuff and I make hacks for people/run a community. All in all don't get excited and go play better mods, it had some charm but this mod isn't all that.

Mar 3, 2018 at 6:42 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
i dont know if anyone noticed but did something weird
there was this pot so i just talked to it like 10 times and nothing happened so i talked to it 10 more times and then it said CHEATS ENABLED??? now i have a save point in my inventory whattttttttttt
was i supposed to do this?

Mar 3, 2018 at 10:40 PM
there was this pot so i just talked to it like 10 times and nothing happened so i talked to it 10 more times and then it said CHEATS ENABLED??? now i have a save point in my inventory whattttttttttt
That, my friend, is the super secret item only rewarded to those who would interact with a pot 20 times in a row.

I don't know if I should congratulate or be scared of you.

Mar 4, 2018 at 1:23 AM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
That, my friend, is the super secret item only rewarded to those who would interact with a pot 20 times in a row.

I don't know if I should congratulate or be scared of you.
oh it helped me a lot
was this mod supposed to be kind of a funny mod

also how do you beat the dr. gero guy
idk what happened i started to edit my own save game but then it randomly allowed me to be free
i just got the spur

edit: i just reached the end :o (so far)

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2018 at 3:04 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
There's a lot of stuff on my plate, and this mod isn't a priority because it's really not that good at all. I feel like my later mods (including the short ones) are more worthy of my time than a literal CS-but-different.

The bugfix/typo/lazy-ending update exists and is backed up privately, it was about 3-4 days of work but still missing some credits content and weapon fixes I've been avoiding. I do eventually post any work I end up doing so it's a matter of time before I decide to sit down and do the last few things on the list.

I'm a little behind schedule with some other stuff and I make hacks for people/run a community. All in all don't get excited and go play better mods, it had some charm but this mod isn't all that.
Are you kidding me this mod is very funny. My family is cracking up cause of this.

Mar 6, 2018 at 4:14 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Are you kidding me this mod is very funny. My family is cracking up cause of this.

It's made by Enlight, it's either good (Cavern Tale and Enthology) or extremely un-good (No Story).

Warlus_Guy is is the LORD.

Mar 6, 2018 at 6:43 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
It's made by Enlight, it's either good (Cavern Tale and Enthology) or extremely un-good (No Story).

Warlus_Guy is is the LORD.
I might have tried this. I bet it's gonna be awesome

Jul 22, 2020 at 1:58 AM
It's probably a mistake to bump this cursed thread. I don't actually want anyone to play this. Whoops.

This mod sucks. It was my first mod while I learned how to use an editor and write TSC.
I dislike 70% of it. It has fake difficulty and dumb dialogue throughout.
Only a fraction is redeemable in my eyes.
However, I also don't like it when things just disappear from the internet. I'm a fan of archival.
That's why almost everything I make is hosted on five different websites, for preservation.
Yet as much as I protest, people keep finding this mod (as well as the equally bad Cave No Story)
I don't wish to finish this as it was originally intended, and I never will.
If I were to properly return to the universe of Cavern Tale, it would have to be through a reboot.
The mod would have to be restarted from scratch, quickly derailing from the vanilla formula.
Susan would immediately start taking hostages in Mimiga Village...
The Chef would be written out of his antagonistic role and join your side early on...
...and grill...
...to be honest he would just grill food the whole story.
etcetera etcetera.

This is not that reboot. I feel I do not have the time nor desire.
I feel my efforts would be better towards other projects. Mods that need to be concluded just like this one.
This is the compromise. I will ignore the content and fix up everything around it without adding anything new.
If people are going to play my worst turds, I may as well polish it and put it on a silver platter.
I started this update back in November 2017. I avoided it for almost 3 years. Today it gets released.

Presenting: The Museum Update
- A massive amount of bugs squashed and typos fixed (yet there's probably a ton I missed).
- Quality of life improvements throughout every aspect (yet there are still spikes and enemies dumped everywhere).
- The content itself, level design and dialogue, is 95% untouched. It's the original Cavern Tale from 2013-2014.
- Four unique* endings that are all cheap because the mod randomly stops at Outerwall, but hey, at least it doesn't lie and say "To Be Continued..." anymore!
- A credits sequence I threw together.
- I'm not joking. There is no new content. I'm never finishing the story. Don't play this.

*Two of the endings require completing the Beast Fang quest. It's convoluted but a walkthrough.txt is included. You can see all endings in a single playthrough.

Aug 15, 2020 at 1:36 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Thats great brother but why are you talking like this