Cave Story+

Sep 14, 2011 at 5:31 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Hi Everyone,

It's been awhile. Hope you are all doing well. I just finished beating the Core and got the normal ending tonight in Cave Story + for the Mac. Couldn't resist seeing new content added to the game and the graphics and sound have surely been improved since that last few times I've played through it on Wiiware and DSIWare.

One question though, as I understand it now it seems like I would need to finish the game with the true ending by finishing Ballos in the Bloodstained Sanctuary before this stage would be unlocked? That's a bit of a shame I suppose since well... It's been awhile since I last tried finishing a hell run and I found out that I really suck at it now...

I suppose that if that is the only way, I'll just have to re-read my own survival guide again that I wrote so many years ago and hope that does the trick... lol

Anyhow, glad to see this place still active and hope you all are doing well. : ) Looking forward to Cave Story 3D and I'm ready to purchase it hopefully on Day One.

-SkyeWelse

Sep 14, 2011 at 5:41 AM
inside is yello
"..."
SkyeWelse said:
Hi Everyone,

It's been awhile. Hope you are all doing well. I just finished beating the Core and got the normal ending tonight in Cave Story + for the Mac. Couldn't resist seeing new content added to the game and the graphics and sound have surely been improved since that last few times I've played through it on Wiiware and DSIWare.

One question though, as I understand it now it seems like I would need to finish the game with the true ending by finishing Ballos in the Bloodstained Sanctuary before this stage would be unlocked? That's a bit of a shame I suppose since well... It's been awhile since I last tried finishing a hell run and I found out that I really suck at it now...

I suppose that if that is the only way, I'll just have to re-read my own survival guide again that I wrote so many years ago and hope that does the trick... lol

Anyhow, glad to see this place still active and hope you all are doing well. : ) Looking forward to Cave Story 3D and I'm ready to purchase it hopefully on Day One.

-SkyeWelse

Hm, I'd like to come up with a humorous quote for this situation, but I don't seem to be able to.

Aha, how about this.
Mary Shelley said:
It's alive!

Sep 14, 2011 at 6:00 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Heya Skye! "He who introduced me to Cave Story :D"
If you do have to fight hell to unlock the new areas... I know you can rise to the challenge :o It's always easier after you've done it at least once... [instead of a hundred attempts! Only fifty!]

I'm also really curious to see new content and see how well it meshes with the original... :D (New story content perhaps?!)
It's awesome that they are updating the original game to match the new 3DS remake...

My only concern is.. I've never used Steam before, so I hope it isn't invasive, eating resources in the background, staying in memory etc....

Sep 14, 2011 at 6:10 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Shimmyzmizz said:
Hm, I'd like to come up with a humorous quote for this situation, but I don't seem to be able to.
Guess who's back back back
Back again
Welse is back back back
Tell a friend

Also I was really hoping that Wind Fortress would fit into the game's story. At least I can still hope it's canonical.
Right guys?
It's canonical?

Sep 14, 2011 at 6:17 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
It's completely separate from the game, like minigame or something

Sep 14, 2011 at 6:18 AM
inside is yello
"..."
Well, it's a separate game mode, that doesn't collide with any plot details, so it could be considered canon.

On the other hand, why are Quote and Curly back at the island? Generally, after nearly avoiding death in a pit of hell (good luck with that, by the way) they don't want to return to the pit of death's location.

Sep 14, 2011 at 6:41 AM
Shimmyzmizz said:
On the other hand, why are Quote and Curly back at the island? Generally, after nearly avoiding death in a pit of hell (good luck with that, by the way) they don't want to return to the pit of death's location.

It's from the beta version of Cave Story (if my memory serves), so it would be from a different story altogether.
Or maybe, if we use our imaginations, it's from the robot invasion?

Sep 14, 2011 at 7:04 AM
inside is yello
"..."
Captain Fabulous said:
It's from the beta version of Cave Story (if my memory serves), so it would be from a different story altogether.
Or maybe, if we use our imaginations, it's from the robot invasion?

Wind Fortress was planned to be added (between the Last Cave and Balcony if memory serves) but was left out for some reason or another.

If we assume that the beta game was supposed to be canon during it's development, (what else would it be?) then what sense would that make if: A. Curly died or B. you were on the way to getting the great ending, to have Curly doing that instead of being dead and such.

And why would they be throwing parties when they had a crown-holder to defeat?

Sep 14, 2011 at 7:15 AM
GEE I DON'T KNOW I HAVEN'T PLAYED THE FUCKING GAME.

Sep 14, 2011 at 1:01 PM
Pirate Member
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Re: ze story

Well i obviously don't know how this wind fortress looks but i can get the explanation like this, the doctor(or maybe someone else?) captured curly and multiplied her.

Sep 14, 2011 at 2:18 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
For the record, I joined right before tyrone's post. That was just luck. Also, these forums are fast. :D

(Honestly though, in the past I've been turned off by forums that were too fast. -_-)

Sep 14, 2011 at 7:18 PM
It's unusually active currently.
Which is a good thing!

Sep 14, 2011 at 9:00 PM
/end
Hi Thomas, how have you been?

Sep 14, 2011 at 9:21 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So this has nothing to do with beta testing, but I've been finding it really hard to find a gameplay video of Wind Fortress. Anyone got it?

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:31 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Lilfut said:
So this has nothing to do with beta testing, but I've been finding it really hard to find a gameplay video of Wind Fortress. Anyone got it?

If you know of a program for macs to video capture, like fraps or something, i can put up a video.

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:33 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
deathofasheep said:
If you know of a program for macs to video capture, like fraps or something, i can put up a video.

Can't help you there. I use Hypercam, but that makes a watermark.

Sep 15, 2011 at 4:01 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
A watermark would be fine with me.

Sep 15, 2011 at 4:27 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Shimmyzmizz said:
Yes, but last I checked, you weren't the one asking.

I'm pretty sure he means he wouldn't mind watching a video with a watermark in it.