Cave Story+

Sep 15, 2011 at 7:09 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGzFhoXnFJQ

Merry Christmas guys - Wind Fortress!

Sorry for the extremely poor quality. The capturing software I got was shit AND had that huge ass watermark. At least you can see what the level is like. The audio is pretty good.

Sep 15, 2011 at 7:37 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
deathofasheep said:

Merry Christmas guys - Wind Fortress!

Sorry for the extremely poor quality. The capturing software I got was shit AND had that huge ass watermark. At least you can see what the level is like. The audio is pretty good.

There are new enemies, including the unused gaudi sprites that I firmly believed would never see the light of day except in mods.

Artwork for the G-Clone boss is pretty good. Ending is way too abrupt, as mentioned before.

Also I youtube-ified your quote.

(The watermark looks more like a bloodstain, with 'Demo Version' written using the dismembered parts of everyone who tried to find a free screencapturing program yet never got a good one.)

Sep 15, 2011 at 7:46 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I put this is spoiler tags in case people don't want to watch the video and have Wind Fortress spoiled.
I didn't show this in the video, but when I first fought the boss - I thought it was the robot that dropped down. So I started killing a bunch - WORST DECISION EVER. They just started swarming. I tried to stop and show you guys how they grab you and eat you or what I think - indulge in Curly's desires. That's what it looks like anyways.

Also, anyone know how to unlock the second menu option? I had to beat ballos on easy since I messed up my normal difficult playthrough (right after core) and I didn't want to go through that again in one day. Easy let me get back to that spot and beat it in half the time. I did beat ballos on normal before on the PSP though.

Carrot - Thanks for youtube-ifying the video. Also, if you noticed on the menu screen the watermark was right under the Cave Story moniker. So it looked like
Cave Story - Demo Version.

The art is significantly better than the video makes it seem. Sadly, you cannot use 'original' graphics on this level.

The gaudis ARE SO ANNOYING. Makes speed runs more difficult.

That jump I missed before fighting the robots is what annoyed me a lot. Took me like 10 tries to get it down - and you see how I missed it. That part and the 2 platforms before the extrance to the "Wind Fortress" from the Bottom of the Island were the hardest. Luckily Pixel was nice enough to have that little platform so you don't fail immediately.

Sep 15, 2011 at 2:56 PM
inside is yello
"..."
Hm, do you really think they'll have it in the 3ds version?

Sep 15, 2011 at 4:26 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It seems like a given to put it in the 3DS version. I remember reading about a new area in there, so I assume it is this one. They're probably just try to generate extra revenue seeing as how the 3DS isn't doing especially good at the moment - so they put for the mac and, soon, the PC.

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:34 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I remember reading an interview or something (don't expect me to remember which one) that said there wouldn't be any new areas, even though much of us had expected the Wind Fortress to be a new area in the 3D version.

Sep 16, 2011 at 5:31 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
The second menu option is
Curly Story
I unlocked it
sometime between first entering Sand Zone and lifting the giant boulder. (I'm not sure exactly when because I didn't quit to the menu to check.) I am playing on normal and skipped Booster 0.8, if that matters.

Sep 16, 2011 at 7:26 PM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
You get Curly Story after you beat her in the Sand Zone.

Sep 16, 2011 at 8:06 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I got the game 2 days ago I think the day it came out I'm happy they chose Mac it pays back for all the other games, editors, and 8-bit music makers only for pc it's the wii version havent gotten that far I have just past that sand monster thing again and getting the dogs AGAIN but it was a good buy knowing there is more than curly mode for me to unlock

The other robots With guns drew me twards it. I thought the game was new XD haven't seen them before and maybe a new level. let's all hope it was a good $10.00 spent but let's face it you can't go wrong with cave story.

Sep 16, 2011 at 10:32 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Here, you dropped these: ,.;...,,,..,,

And just so you know, it's coming out for PC as well, just a little later.

Sep 17, 2011 at 12:08 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Lolwut.

I beat curly on both easy AND normal - It still isn't unlocked. What is this shenanigans. Did you guys unlock it on the mac version?

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:10 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
deathofasheep said:
Lolwut.

I beat curly on both easy AND normal - It still isn't unlocked. What is this shenanigans. Did you guys unlock it on the mac version?

Yes, I'm using the Mac version from the App Store. Isn't that the only version of Cave Story+ available?

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:44 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Just making sure. Didn't know if people were testing that PC version.

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:53 AM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
So is this on steam yet or is it gonna be a while, I've got piles of money liying around and I'd like to see this epicness.

Sep 17, 2011 at 6:02 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
bobbyis said:
So is this on steam yet or is it gonna be a while, I've got piles of money liying around and I'd like to see this epicness.

Gonna have to wait, its not that hard to check whats new on steam lol. But i will be getting it as soon as i see its on steam.

Sep 18, 2011 at 4:30 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Even without the opportunity to test it I'd still eagerly pay for it on release. In fact, I would probably buy a copy even if given a promo code, just because each money for pixel = +0.01% of Cave Story 2 :sue:

Sep 18, 2011 at 4:32 AM
You're going to need a few more zeros there, buddy.

Sep 18, 2011 at 4:37 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
$$$ is the key to all sequels. That's why we have so much Transformers.

Sep 19, 2011 at 12:50 AM