Mar 22, 2010 at 5:27 PM
Been here way too long...
"..."
Re: Cave Story Officially Announced for WiiWare

Riboshom said:
Noooooo!!
Balrog don't say "Huzzah" anymore!
:'(
...What?! they took Balrog's epicness away? That blows :/ I'll still buy it, but man...

Mar 22, 2010 at 6:07 PM
"Huzzah!"

Nabi said:
...What?! they took Balrog's epicness away? That blows :/ I'll still buy it, but man...

This is the moment Cave Story Wii died to me.

Mar 22, 2010 at 6:20 PM
"Huzzah!"

I watched a bit of it in you tube.
I have to say from what i saw, the translations are fine, and it's a good take from the original Japanese.

I don't remember if Balrog said Huzzah in the fan translation in the beginning, but i have to say if you think that is the charm of the character you couldn't insult Balrog and Pixel more than that.

The game is fine for me (the part i saw at least), and i can live with a more direct translation if it's well done, which looks that for me.

the graphics are very good, pixel style, (however i must say that a color-corrected Misery facepic will feel a bit strange for me. :p)

The Music is good for me, but i will warn sound super purists, that you might not like it.

Mar 22, 2010 at 7:23 PM
"Huzzah!"

Oh may gawd! It's different i must hate it!

Mar 22, 2010 at 7:27 PM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

Jay City said:
I watched a bit of it in you tube.
I have to say from what i saw, the translations are fine, and it's a good take from the original Japanese.

It's a case of Woolseyism in many cases a translation that isn't completely faithful to the original Japanese script is way better than a completely faithful translation.

Mar 22, 2010 at 7:34 PM
"Huzzah!"

MetaSeraphim said:
It's a case of Woolseyism in many cases a translation that isn't completely faithful to the original Japanese script is way better than a completely faithful translation.

True, but in a way it's impossible to translate something 100% to another language, anyone that worked enough in translation can feel that in your bones, so the level of Woolseyism of everything is relative, not absolute.

I don't know much of Japanese to understand which of the translations is more "true" to the original script. (Guess it would be Nicalis' with the direct influence of Pixel.)
But, as an "outside-work" translator, i can tell that both are good translations.

(Woolsey really sprouted a term because of his take of FF VI?)

Mar 22, 2010 at 7:34 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator

MetaSeraphim said:

I've been thinking this for the last few days but I didn't actually know the term.
I'm personally more favouring of localized translations that may not be exactly true to the original, but make more sense or have more impact.

EDIT:
What the Faaaaahh koolaid balrog GUHHGHR

Mar 22, 2010 at 7:35 PM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"

Jay City said:
Oh may gawd! It's different i must hate it!

For the record, the music's alright. I just had to sneak kanpachi in without being boring about it.

Mar 22, 2010 at 7:47 PM
"Huzzah!"

Vercci said:
For the record, the music's alright. I just had to sneak kanpachi in without being boring about it.

I wasn't direct just for the case you were being sarcastic or something similar.

Mar 22, 2010 at 7:53 PM
/end

Jay City said:
(Woolsey really sprouted a term because of his take of FF VI?)

His work as a translator in general caused fans to start calling it that. But FFVI is for sure his most famous work.

Mar 22, 2010 at 8:11 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"

Did Balrog seriously just say "Oh yeah!"....?
When he busts through the wall..?

KOOL AID!

Mar 22, 2010 at 8:23 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"

Vercci said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSZVQ0YBY40

I hate the new music it's just OHMAIGAWDKANPACHI

I really hate how they put a commentary over the thing. It even hacks your Wii to do it on the menu!
Obviously it's part of the game. Who would lp a game with commentary the day it cones out?
[/annoying]

Mar 22, 2010 at 8:27 PM
/end

100killer9 said:
I really hate how they put a commentary over the thing. It even hacks your Wii to do it on the menu!
Obviously it's part of the game. Who would lp a game with commentary the day it cones out?
[/annoying]

You're complaining about something like this? Seriously? Wow.

Mar 22, 2010 at 9:38 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"

I was about to go sign up for the contest to win a free copy, but I really think they deserve the money so I think I'll just go get a Wii card.

Also, has anyone tried the "play as Curly" mode yet?

Mar 22, 2010 at 9:39 PM

It's just a joke... Besides, Retsupurae rips MUCH harder on Youtube LPers.
Anyway, seeing this part has confirmed that I'll be sticking to the old music when I get this game. The new music just isn't as good, in my opinion. Not bad, but the original tracks were excellent.

Mar 22, 2010 at 9:43 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever

I beat the original version, so I'm just starting curly mode. I just got the polar star and there's no difference so far.

Ugh the Sacred grounds time attack sucks!
Your choice of health: 3hp, 29hp, 55hp

your weapon choice: no machine gun, no snake, no missIle launcher (unless the 24 missle expansion gives it to you, haven't checked yet)

Mar 22, 2010 at 9:45 PM
"Huzzah!"

I say you all should do an playthrough with the new soundtrack at least one time.

Mar 22, 2010 at 10:09 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."

I'm gonna have to do another playthrough, since I played this at school, where laptop speakers won't work in a large cafeteria...

The music, while not nearly as memorable, isn't bad. (at least, from what I can hear from today). Some sound effects just don't sound right, such as the Lvl. 3 Polar Star; just sounds too weak. Again, gonna hook up the Wii to the TV to see if the sounds improve before making a final decision. (kinda miss the fact that the developers were able to switch between old and new content on the fly while we can't in the final version)

...and is it just me, or does the additional 20% FPS make a huge freaking difference? The additional speed just beat me to the ground. I felt clumsy with the precise platforming I did before. And with the Sacred Grounds, I had to replay the stage 4 times AND use the potion. I NEVER used the potion in the original...!

Regardless of my struggle, I think the game's well worth the 12 bucks. Have yet to try the other modes, and I'm sure I won't touch hard mode for a while, lest I have a ton of time on my hands.

...oh yeah... It just doesn't have the same feeling, you bar of soap, you!

Mar 22, 2010 at 10:15 PM

It's... Harder?
I'm getting this and playing on hard mode.