Cave Story Officially RELEASED for WiiWare

Mar 5, 2011 at 7:07 AM
Been here way too long...
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Celtic Minstrel said:
Wait what? I don't get it; why am I supposed to be annoyed at that?

Ehm.. I just think that you are kind of "serious man"..
I don't know. :S

Apr 12, 2011 at 10:06 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Well just finnaly got round to finishing the Wii version..
My oppinnion? Well..

As a music composer yes I was a bit upset about the music, Think it was mainly because of the lack of drums and percussion.. But lets not dwell all on the bad side of the music...

Geothermal was pretty nice, Gave off the warehouse, Dark deserted base kinda feel with wind sounds and all..

Living Waterway - Now heres something I was really happy about, When you go into the living waterway the music is ambient unlike the original Jazzy/Bouncy track. I think this version is better to be honest, Only because after a massive fight with the Core and Curly nearly dying on your back or even worse leaving Curly behind is not something to be Jazzy and Happy about so yeah the music gave you chance to reflect on the events which had happened and think about Curlys fate...

Balcony - The Balcony music was really relaxing and chilling. It gave off the same feel as the original did and gave the Balcony area the feel it had in the original.

Graphics -
I actually really liked the graphics and dont think I have any complaints about them, They were really nice indeed.

Translation -
The only thing about the translation I really did not like was the Password for the plantation to see Sakamoto. it was Oringinally "Litagano Motscoud" which sounds nice and reminds you of Sakamoto but the new one? Meh just my oppinnion but dont like it at all and the capitals are at the end of it like "jeThawK" dont seem to make sense...

Overalll -
The game is a nice remake and its fun to replay this version to see how Nicalis interpreted the new sprites. The music lets it down a lot and really puts you off playing at some points but overall it was nice to see Pixel get some recognition by the big companies such as nintendo and this game sets a low bar which I personally think Cave Story 3Ds will soar over.

Apr 12, 2011 at 10:40 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
JetHawk95 said:
Translation -
The only thing about the translation I really did not like was the Password for the plantation to see Sakamoto. it was Oringinally "Litagano Motscoud" which sounds nice and reminds you of Sakamoto but the new one? Meh just my oppinnion but dont like it at all and the capitals are at the end of it like "jeThawK" dont seem to make sense...

It was originally "ritaganomo tsukuudo", but AG didn't catch that it was "dokutsu monogatari" backwards.
"DO-U-KU-TSU-MO-NO-GA-TA-RI"
"RI-TA-GA-NO-MO-TSU-KU-U-DO"
So I think it made much more sense that in the wiiware translation the password was "yrotS evaC".

May 5, 2011 at 8:44 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Maybe I want to buy this. But at the other hand it such a waste of money!
Give me one, just one single reason why I should buy this game for Wii Ware, except the graphics and the controls.

May 5, 2011 at 8:54 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Aside from the graphics, one of my most favorite aspects of this version is the fact that it runs 60 fps as opposed to the original's 50fps.

(The fact that so many games over the years have run at 25fps and, in the worst case scenario, at 5/6 speed in Europe (vs. 30fps / full speed everywhere else) might have something to do with this though)

May 5, 2011 at 8:56 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Does it make the game so more fun?

May 5, 2011 at 9:05 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Well, to me, yeah. I also prefer the new retro-ish font, the Courier New font in the original (translation) just seemed out of place to me... And I like some of the new music. Sue me!

May 9, 2011 at 4:14 PM
Been here way too long...
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
So I think it made much more sense that in the wiiware translation the password was "yrotS evaC".

Still, wouldn't it have been better with "Yrots Evac"?

May 16, 2011 at 6:47 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Yeah, probably. It's too obvious the other way.

May 17, 2011 at 8:47 PM
/end
TuKéZu said:
Aside from the graphics, one of my most favorite aspects of this version is the fact that it runs 60 fps as opposed to the original's 50fps.

Is that really a big deal to you?

May 17, 2011 at 8:50 PM
Big enough to make me prefer this over the original.

May 17, 2011 at 9:47 PM
/end
Not sure how 10 FPS can cause such a difference, but okay.